ADVERTISEMENT

Very Disappointed_2.21.21

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
Have mixed emotions.

Pike is a great guy...not Mike Rice, Eddie Jordan. Bannon or Freddie Hill. On the other hand he's not vocal about officiating (that wasn't an issue today) nor does he seem to have a short leash on players taking shots when / where they should (i.e. put Izzo in as HC/ the temp rises beyond Global Warming).

Hoping Pike can right the ship again and get Geo to take control of the team while being aggressive on O. Keep JY out there: he's not afraid to shoot and has the best (or close to the best)% from three- plus he leads the league in steals. But don't let him get out of control or sit him for a minute or two and then back in.

Myles also weak on a pass that was stolen late in the game.

Guessing Caleb will bounce back. Don't know about Mathis. But WTF is wrong with Harper? Seriously. How can he go from Wooden Award to "who's he".

Also the TEAM needs to take care of the ball...Myles pass down court after a rebound that was intercepted hurt because we were making a run. That has to stop. Same with Paul and passes that are dropped or fumbled and we come up empty. Shooting the ball with 5 seconds or less doesn't seem to be working...so how about Geo shooting or dishing, letting Young be Young and everyone trying to feed Myles (when possible).

I want our drought to be over. I want Covid to be over. I want us to kick some @$$ in the next game.

But realistically I don't feel like we have the right pieces to do this. As I said before we need a shooter. Maybe we need greedy SOB's ...that Pike can restrict or coach up to be more selective. The reverse seems like a harder road.

MO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT