ADVERTISEMENT

Video from Practice

Ugh

Lathan getting smoked on the pick and roll at the end.

they look unbeatable!! Not a single bad play!!! Undefeated season!!!

In all seriousness, I’m so glad this team is basically a brand new team, and last year’s group is playing somewhere else. This program needed a hard reboot

Does anyone have a roster showing what numbers everyone is wearing this year?

EDIT: I found it.

Last edited:
What's up with Martini wearing #99? That's not a legal number in basketball. All numbers need to be between 0-5.

• Haha
Reactions: cshelley
They changed the rule prior to this season.
You are correct sir:

I had no idea.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Reactions: cshelley
Now this is a video I could accept people getting excited about. While still just practice, you see some good things, Ace distributing, Ogbole's movement in PnR, Martini shooting. All things we need to see this year.
Just from that short video you get the sense that we have high caliber competitors who’ll push each other for PT. And no Harper yet, so a chance for some other guys to stand out.

Thing is it isn’t entirely his fault, if his job is to hedge, weak side has to help and bump the roller. Lathan could do better making the pass harder to get off, but not entirely his fault
Plus, you can be sure the full defensive package has not even been talked about yet, let alone practiced: Rotation defense is supposed to help out, coming from either the strong or the weak side, to rotate to cut off the offensive player rolling/cutting down the lane. No doubt that level of defensive sophistication has not been coached for the team yet.

Now this is a video I could accept people getting excited about. While still just practice, you see some good things, Ace distributing, Ogbole's movement in PnR, Martini shooting. All things we need to see this year.
People keep disregarding Ogbole, but I tell you what... we could do far worse. That dude is huge and moves well. I'm cautiously optimistic.

People keep disregarding Ogbole, but I tell you what... we could do far worse. That dude is huge and moves well. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Animated GIF

Reactions: IMARUFAN
He COULD....emphasize COULD be the biggest surprise of the season. That's a friggin grown ass man and he's massive. Who has the balls to get in his way?

I had no hopes for Ogbole this year as I assumed we would get a transfer and he would be a third center. But now it’s clear he is going to play, especially a lot early on in the season. Time to get on board the Ogbole train……fingers crossed he is effective with his size inside. He is going to be one of the biggest players in the Big 10 next season.

I had no hopes for Ogbole this year as I assumed we would get a transfer and he would be a third center. But now it’s clear he is going to play, especially a lot early on in the season. Time to get on board the Ogbole train……fingers crossed he is effective with his size inside. He is going to be one of the biggest players in the Big 10 next season.
Great stat line for Ogbole would be 18 mins, 7 pts, 9 rebs, 1 block, 3 shots altered in the paint…and many killer screens set.

He could be a true 5 and average 5 points, 5 rebounds, 5 turnovers and 5 fouls in 5 minutes.

He has the size and strength and I believe the athleticism to be a quality Big Ten center. The key question is whether he can play under control and develop the skills and techniques needed to defend, rebound and set picks without fouling and to not turnover the ball when he receives a pass or grabs a rebound. Watching him last season, he was very active when he was in. However, for every positive thing he did, it seemed like there was a foul, turnover or missed free throw to offset the positive. With a season under his belt and summer and fall practices to work on his game, I am cautiously optimistic that the positives of his game will far outweigh the negatives this season.

Ugh

Lathan getting smoked on the pick and roll at the end.
No.

He has to hedge out and stop J Will. That's his job. Someone else would normally step in and help the 5 until he recovers. I'm sure you've seen that a thousand times.

Reactions: RutgHoops
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT