ADVERTISEMENT

Walk from Trenton Train Station to CURE Arena?

jeRseyguy1010

Freshman
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2023
According to google maps it looks like its a 12-15 minute walk. Has anyone ever done it before? Safe walk?

According to google maps it looks like its a 12-15 minute walk. Has anyone ever done it before? Safe walk?
Yes it's safe. I was the first to mention Cure as a good destination if we left the Rac. Cure is in a safe location, and a easy walk from the train. Stop being scary. Even religious groups who have many senior citizens and small children have chosen Cure to hold events.

From the Cure linkedin page.

CURE Insurance Arena, formerly known as the Sun National Bank Center & Sovereign Bank Arena, opened on October 6, 1999. Over the past decade, the Arena has hosted international music sensations like Carrie Underwood, Justin Bieber, Cher, Bruce Springsteen, and Shania Twain; top sports events such as the 2006 NCAA Division I Women's Basketball First and Second Rounds and 2009 NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Trenton Regional; and family-friendly entertainment like the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus, The Harlem Globetrotters, and Disney On Ice.

Just look at street view on the route

Should be fine. Just wear sneakers, bring a knife, walk quickly.

They should burn that whole area down
Yep. I see more than a few day games scheduled if we wind up there

From the Cure linkedin page.

CURE Insurance Arena, formerly known as the Sun National Bank Center & Sovereign Bank Arena, opened on October 6, 1999. Over the past decade, the Arena has hosted international music sensations like Carrie Underwood, Justin Bieber, Cher, Bruce Springsteen, and Shania Twain; top sports events such as the 2006 NCAA Division I Women's Basketball First and Second Rounds and 2009 NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Trenton Regional; and family-friendly entertainment like the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus, The Harlem Globetrotters, and Disney On Ice.
Carrie Underwood fans have more balls than some of the posters here 🤣

From his classes, Commercial is dead, but studio apartments, now we're talking. Could be getting in on the ground floor of a Jersey City like gentrification.
Brothers and I bought a couple houses early 2000’s. Near the train station on state st. Rented out the garage to commuters for $200/mo (4 total spots). Rented the houses for $750 to start -1000/mo. Bought the 2 house $15k cash each.

Sold them 2010ish for $100k each. To developer knocked them down and did nothing with property.

I do think the are is ripe for investment but don’t know if I want to dip my toe just yet.

Last edited:
Is it better inside or outside the arena?

just stay home if you have woman problems.
Especially if you and another are seeing the same woman , that's a problem
If you're playing a game, keep it strictly basketball,because sometimes courting can make the game of love a killer

Reactions: MiloTalon13
This thread reminds me of the time when I was working at the Newark campus in the old Law School building by Washington Park. One morning walking to to there from Penn Station some guy is getting off a bus at the park and with a deer in the headlights look asks me if it safe walking there.
I suspect most of the posters on this thread saying how unsafe it is have never been to the CURR Arena or have any knowledge of the area.

This thread reminds me of the time when I was working at the Newark campus in the old Law School building by Washington Park. One morning walking to to there from Penn Station some guy is getting off a bus at the park and with a deer in the headlights look asks me if it safe walking there.
I suspect most of the posters on this thread saying how unsafe it is have never been to the CURR Arena or have any knowledge of the area.
I’ve been there a lot. I live in Hamilton. Cure arena area is ok due to the event staff and Sheriff’s office in the area during events. As far as walking from the train station? Absolutely not.

I’ve been there a lot. I live in Hamilton. Cure arena area is ok due to the event staff and Sheriff’s office in the area during events. As far as walking from the train station? Absolutely not.
OK - I’m convinced.

They host the central Jersey pop Warner cheer competition at Cure every October. If thousands of little girls can perform at this arena, you tough guys can attend a college basketball game.
We’re not talking about the Arena lol, it’s the walk from the Trenton transit center to the arena that is not fun.

data=OYt68tITFvth71LjJhjMeh-VWRwO8OJsWn-ZMuMaGfjRf_TgyuxI46y20W0e9-MPeC5ZRp1sJqku3HOMfSC7ZO6FJQWWcdbodJC8Xkez-Nq39EsP4mfr_AowK-hQbH0pZDeIt72HnEibreI04UhR1OfSWz_-1v3gD_zNZ8d2,0MjqET3DUktj_gX1lqMa_FXMu1F6ukGDcYbNr51zuouTqh-ZccdvDu3kJS-bqwA5vGq6C1izBKGVSUBFXSOovf3TiPEUQyGEHldYXKhzkRdlwT7vqIxqHjU3NUIfE0-js2Uf63JmXi9YmIb2rjBy-ymRcihsEijr8ajkz8jwLMlCcOqBAZWx72lDfA2_JoeXWO-Q7mb0MC0ZdM3qHnvEe-zJmc4HwgsFCNTYsgvsVza2ztATnYKTAakJFc_ZbbSOCuqC-A1cx2Nxz5IBrUrSP3vKP0UW4rH6L0-tqTaJU4dDr_vB8Z42JE52DKbN3u9Eicuztdjqhv7IPYS1mbnQBoeXXhLXA138ZCPxEjdJlIFsW-dLo8kEGeQU8CsPWyoy

• Haha
Reactions: MrsScrew
I was planning to walk from the train. Don't think it will be bad at all considering there should be plenty of people walking. The toughest part of that journey seems to be crossing 129.

Living in fear is not the answer.

I was planning to walk from the train. Don't think it will be bad at all considering there should be plenty of people walking. The toughest part of that journey seems to be crossing 129.

Living in fear is not the answer.
Appears to be a traffic light there. Perhaps they also have a traffic cop there during events?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT