ADVERTISEMENT

We’re #1!!! (Not as good as it sounds)

Just internet dribble, but what pisses me straight off is that we allowed ourselves to fall back into the position where we are the absolute lowest hanging fruit to be kicked around by these idiot internet "writers." We're not asking for much, not even a lot wins, just a degree of competency, but poor decision all along the chain of command has brought us to this: the laughing stock of college football. Again.

Just internet dribble, but what pisses me straight off is that we allowed ourselves to fall back into the position where we are the absolute lowest hanging fruit to be kicked around by these idiot internet "writers." We're not asking for much, not even a lot wins, just a degree of competency, but poor decision all along the chain of command has brought us to this: the laughing stock of college football. Again.
Just curious why you feel the need to call these writers idiots for their "dribble," and then go on to agree with their premise. That sounds like some posting drivel to me.

Just curious why you feel the need to call these writers idiots for their "dribble," and then go on to agree with their premise. That sounds like some posting drivel to me.

It's not so hard to mock the recent losers, without any insight, and that's all the articles was about poking fun, and mockery, which in college football has little relevance preseason, because programs every year can have turn arounds. My whole point, subtle as it is, is that we put ourselves in this position to be mocked, a perception thing, based on our horrific season last year. That should never have happened. Perception today can get you mocked, but it has no bearing on how the season shakes out. Ergo, idiot, dribble. Win a few earlier games this year, and those games mentioned in the article could be exciting and relevant. I'm not agreeing with the author, I actually think we'll play better this year, not great, but better, but I'm pissed we put ourselves in a position to be mocked based on last year's performance of 1-11 and getting blown out by Kansas, ect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Randal7
I’m sorry to say this but once Schiano left I knew this was coming. I was actually in mourning for quite some once he left. What bothered me was the Schiano haters who were happy to see him go and attacked me then for saying it was not good . These non Schiano fans had no idea what we were all in store for. Welcome to the post Schiano era.

I’m sorry to say this but once Schiano left I knew this was coming. I was actually in mourning for quite some once he left. What bothered me was the Schiano haters who were happy to see him go and attacked me then for saying it was not good . These non Schiano fans had no idea what we were all in store for. Welcome to the post Schiano era.

Schiano left of his own accord after an 11 year run. Rutgers football problem is a financial one......not Schiano.

Schiano left of his own accord after an 11 year run. Rutgers football problem is a financial one......not Schiano.
I never said he did not leave on his own. But haters like you were trashing him constantly and when NFL came calling he finally left. You were happy once he was gone . Money was an issue as he constantly had to battle the school for everything . Add to that the haters and I would leave too . This is what you get. Years of NO buzz.

Im in an chatroom group with other B10 only fans and there is alot of fans who want RU thrown out of B10. If you think thats 'drivel"then you are not in touch with reality.
The other average B10 fan view is RU kills their teams strength of schedule ranking for CFB playoffs,and RU is broke,cant hire a real HC, and will suck for another 5 to 10 years.

Looking at the games listed (except for Iowa), all might be competitive games well worth watching if you're a fan of either team or just like college football and seeing games that could go either way..
Going into a non cupcake game that can go either way is more enjoyable then going to an expected blowout ( for or against )and wondering the best time to leave in order to beat the traffic or find something else to watch .

So that list is BS if you feel competitiveness makes a good reason to watch a game.
Iowa probably doesn't fall into that category, but might fall into the chance to upset one.

Reactions: Steve91562
Im in an chatroom group with other B10 only fans and there is alot of fans who want RU thrown out of B10. If you think thats 'drivel"then you are not in touch with reality.
The other average B10 fan view is RU kills their teams strength of schedule ranking for CFB playoffs,and RU is broke,cant hire a real HC, and will suck for another 5 to 10 years.

Wtf is a chatroom group. Go back to 1996.

Wtf is a chatroom group. Go back to 1996.
"Wtf is a chatroom group."
Here's what to expect in one:
source.gif

elaine%20yada%20yada.gif

56f97d737b8f6571b71e3bf9fff025b3215263a8e8b4d2ced20ccf3f4bd71075.jpg

Who gives a dam about a bunch of grown men/ women in a chat room? Do you think that matters at all?Bottom line is Rutgers (and Maryland) helped line all their schools pockets. To help secure the future of the BIG for a long time. The new money will help all their programs to compete at the highest levels
I could care less what they think. Fact of the matter is,all of our programs have been elevated by our inclusion into the BIG. Even football. Although though our team has been inept for the last 5 years,
we have invested millions into our facilities.Chris Ash is going to sink or swim this season.Personally I hope he makes it. I have had enough of the coaching carousel for a while. If he fails though, the next man up will inherit a program with no real infrastructure needs. The fan base has taken a huge hit but success will change that. If they have to hire a new coach the probability of the admin going for a seasoned coach is pretty good.
A lot of you guys are in 0-8 mode and we haven't even played a game yet.

Who gives a dam about a bunch of grown men/ women in a chat room? Do you think that matters at all?Bottom line is Rutgers (and Maryland) helped line all their schools pockets. To help secure the future of the BIG for a long time. The new money will help all their programs to compete at the highest levels
I could care less what they think. Fact of the matter is,all of our programs have been elevated by our inclusion into the BIG. Even football. Although though our team has been inept for the last 5 years,
we have invested millions into our facilities.Chris Ash is going to sink or swim this season.Personally I hope he makes it. I have had enough of the coaching carousel for a while. If he fails though, the next man up will inherit a program with no real infrastructure needs. The fan base has taken a huge hit but success will change that. If they have to hire a new coach the probability of the admin going for a seasoned coach is pretty good.

A bunch of morons in a Chat Room. How special. Definitely a core of B1G fans, still living in the 20th century, want anything east of their mid-west out of the B1G, including Penn State. They've wanted State out for years. Wait until one day when we actually start winning games. Then they'll really hate us.

As for SOS holding back the B1G from the Playoffs, that shows how out of touch and ignorant the Chat Room is. Even outgoing Commissioner Delany has come on record and stated the Committee had de-emphasized SOS (and Conference Champions) from selecting schools for the Playoffs. Having 2 Conferences play 8 in-conference games (especially 1 who sticks their cupcake game toward the end of the year right before rivalry weekend) creates an unfair advantage vs. Conferences scheduling 9 conference games. The reason Ohio State missed out on the Playoffs the last 2 years were solely the fault of being blown out by Iowa and Purdue and had absolutely nothing to do with a smaller SOS due to Rutgers. If Rutgers is winning somebody else is losing in-conference and the SOS evens out for Ohio State regardless. Ultimately SOS doesn't matter much in picking the College Playoffs, at least not at this time.

Last edited:
I never said he did not leave on his own. But haters like you were trashing him constantly and when NFL came calling he finally left. You were happy once he was gone . Money was an issue as he constantly had to battle the school for everything . Add to that the haters and I would leave too . This is what you get. Years of NO buzz.

Sorry but you are TOTALLY clueless, Schiano demanded & received every penny that RU had in the Athletic Department, every other program was starved because Schiano got everything he wanted.

Not a surprise that someone like you hangs out in a chatroom with a bunch of losers who know little to nothing about football.

Not a surprise that someone like you hangs out in a chatroom with a bunch of losers who know little to nothing about football.
Haha what a tool you are .clueless to what the current view of RU football is to rest of country.better fix it before new Commish takes over.

Haha what a tool you are .clueless to what the current view of RU football is to rest of country.better fix it before new Commish takes over.

Having attended every RU away game since RU joined the B1G, & talking to numerous fans before the games & during games, I have a much better idea of what B1G fans think about RU , then you will ever find out in a chat room.

Reactions: Steve91562
Sorry but you are TOTALLY clueless, Schiano demanded & received every penny that RU had in the Athletic Department, every other program was starved because Schiano got everything he wanted.
Those that didn't demand, led a losing program.
Schiano had a vision and that vision brought respect for a program that once was considered a joke.
As for the other programs starving, all sports programs were lefty hungry before Schiano arrived and now football is back to being given a plate with less on it than healthy.
Look at the hires put on that plate.

Can't say you're completely wrong , but will revise getting it all to: Schiano made sure football was properly funded, facilities ( stadium as well) upgraded over other programs getting what they needed.
Rutgers historically undefunded the Athletic Department making all programs suffer.
Schiano made sure that ended on the football side.
WBB ran on CVS' name and MBB didn't hire any HC who demanded a list of improvements
agreed to before he'd take the job.
Greg just made sure RU FB was given a chance to succeed.

He did that and became the victim of the expectations his team gave RU FB fans because RU never reached the heights expected of it and Schiano deserves most of the blame for RU not reaching the elite level we all were expecting after 2006.
But blaming other programs failure on him because he got the funds needed to improve football is forgetting that hey were failing before he came with the funding RU gave the AD to spread out among all the RU Athletic Programs.
Schiano just made sure he had a chance to succeed before he'd accept RU's offer.

I dont recall me ever posting as a Schiano hater. Perhaps you can provide an example? I do recall you making incorrect moronic and hateful posts on the CE board and well as this board however.

Schiano got all the money he needed from Uncle Bob......and it was at the expense of closing up shop on other sports. Schiano left RU for a big fat pro contract at an inopportune time in the recruiting process with little choice but to bring on Flood for continuity. Rutgers has no money because tools like you and those who liked your post come and constantly complain on message boards or seek out and spread negativity about RU, sent their kids to other schools and badmouth RU like your buddy in his 1990 style "chat room" treating this like it's a badly run Professional sports organization instead of a public university which relies heavily on donations to drive athletic success.

Reactions: TRU2RU

Some people may be tools here but at least they have some self respect and aren't obsessively insecurely worried about what a bunch of middle aged men think in their "chat rooms". LOL.

when scrolling down the list I thought the RU/Ohio state game was going to be number one

a little surprised number one was us against BC.

Of all our games, I thought this one was one of the most interesting, and there was an article on how it was pivotal for the RU season..

Reactions: Wolv RU
I dont recall me ever posting as a Schiano hater. Perhaps you can provide an example? I do recall you making incorrect moronic and hateful posts on the CE board and well as this board however.

Schiano got all the money he needed from Uncle Bob......and it was at the expense of closing up shop on other sports. Schiano left RU for a big fat pro contract at an inopportune time in the recruiting process with little choice but to bring on Flood for continuity. Rutgers has no money because tools like you and those who liked your post come and constantly complain on message boards or seek out and spread negativity about RU, sent their kids to other schools and badmouth RU like your buddy in his 1990 style "chat room" treating this like it's a badly run Professional sports organization instead of a public university which relies heavily on donations to drive athletic success.
You are obviously a hater and certainly have me mixed up with another poster . I don’t post on the CE board and the rest of your post is incoherent.

He got part of what he wanted but not everything . It was not an open check book. The program needed more money to do many things

RU is in the B1G to stay. It is your chatroom that is not in touch with reality. Their opinions may not be drivel, but they are most certainly irrelevant.

RU is in the B1G to stay. It is your chatroom that is not in touch with reality. Their opinions may not be drivel, but they are most certainly irrelevant.
Telling another college football fan you root for Rutgers is always accompanied by a sheepish smile.
It’s getting old explaining to strangers about all our potential... yada yada

Minor quibble with your post, We have been inept for three years with Ash. Ash has been the worst thing to ever happen to RU football. Four years out we were 4-8 with some close losses, hammered by the big boys, bad but not inept. Five years out we finished 8-5 with a nice bowl win over UNC and our 4-0 OOC helped OSU get into the playoff, which led to their NC.

Reactions: ATIOH
And when we don't suck we will be kicking their asses up and down the field

He got part of what he wanted but not everything . It was not an open check book. The program needed more money to do many things

Wrong, Schiano got everything in the checking account that was called RU Athletic Department, & he also got a huge amount every year from a discretionary spending account that was not part of his budget, yet he never thought it was enough, to the point of all other programs RU programs being starved.

Reactions: Wolv RU
Minor quibble with your post, We have been inept for three years with Ash. Ash has been the worst thing to ever happen to RU football. Four years out we were 4-8 with some close losses, hammered by the big boys, bad but not inept. Five years out we finished 8-5 with a nice bowl win over UNC and our 4-0 OOC helped OSU get into the playoff, which led to their NC.
Yes your right. Just seems a lot longer. In that time not only did we lose a large chunk of our fan base but I’m sure there’s thousands of season ticket holders with one foot out the door.
I am not throwing in the towel yet with Ash though. He has made a lot of mistakes as described ad nauseam here, but like I said I’m tired of the coaching carousel I like Mcnulty , I think he can turn this offense around.
Im anxious to see what happens.
As for “the worst”thing to happen to Rutgers football? We have had a few coaches who weren’t a good fit here .A past administration that was totally inept (for a long time). But I think the worst thing to happen to Rutgers football is Schiano leaving. Hands down!!

You are obviously a hater and certainly have me mixed up with another poster . I don’t post on the CE board and the rest of your post is incoherent.

It's only incoherent to morons who are unable to read & comprehend. Unfortunately there's no cure for your low IQ.

PS....you do realize that these boards retain a posting history and all one has to do is go over to the CE board and search for your posts. Nothing worse than a fvcking liar.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRU2RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT