ADVERTISEMENT

We’re #1!!! (Not as good as it sounds)

Minor quibble with your post, We have been inept for three years with Ash. Ash has been the worst thing to ever happen to RU football. Four years out we were 4-8 with some close losses, hammered by the big boys, bad but not inept. Five years out we finished 8-5 with a nice bowl win over UNC and our 4-0 OOC helped OSU get into the playoff, which led to their NC.

Ash is not the worse thing. FLOOD and his supporters were the worse thing that happened to RU Football.

RU is in the B1G to stay. It is your chatroom that is not in touch with reality. Their opinions may not be drivel, but they are most certainly irrelevant.

Same chat room probably thinks Pernetti was responsible for the B1G invite.

Reactions: TRU2RU
When Flood was fired, I thought it was a low bar for the next coach to be better. Unfortunately, it seems Ash is actually worse than Flood. And possibly worse than Shea.

Ash is not worse than Flood. Not even close.

Haha what a tool you are .clueless to what the current view of RU football is to rest of country.better fix it before new Commish takes over.
That's how clueless you are we were not brought in strictly for football

Ash is FAR worse then Flood. Flood didn't even put in the crazy normal coach hours college HC do during the season,but he still was a light years better HC then Ash.Did he allow kids to not be disciplined,did he leave early to be home for dinner,yes,but still on the field he was better then Asherror.
When you look at it both are low bar setters for power 5 HCs so its a bad comparison over all,but this is Rutgers football for the last 7 years.
Its gotta Change this year.

Yes your right. Just seems a lot longer. In that time not only did we lose a large chunk of our fan base but I’m sure there’s thousands of season ticket holders with one foot out the door.
I am not throwing in the towel yet with Ash though. He has made a lot of mistakes as described ad nauseam here, but like I said I’m tired of the coaching carousel I like Mcnulty , I think he can turn this offense around.
Im anxious to see what happens.
As for “the worst”thing to happen to Rutgers football? We have had a few coaches who weren’t a good fit here .A past administration that was totally inept (for a long time). But I think the worst thing to happen to Rutgers football is Schiano leaving. Hands down!!
Good point on Schiano leaving, maybe that was the worst thing. Would have loved to see how he would recruit in the B10. If he stayed and slowly transitioned to some sort of spread or freeze offense there is no limit where the program could have gone.

Reactions: 50 yd line RR
Really don't understand this thinking. Flood was 27-24, Ash is 7-29 and 1-11 in year three. There are not enough excuses, situations and circumstance beyond one's control to overcome the winning discrepancy.

Reactions: RU#1fan
The "unwatchable" article was not written by a football fan. Instead it was one of many, unfortunately, who think college football is all about the playoffs. I think what he calls "unwatchable" is what I'd call "not having any conference championship implications." A competitive game between schools with fan bases who care is very watchable regardless of W/L records. College football wouldn't be what it is without having schools with fans who care despite not belonging to the elite few. This clown needs to be told that what he wrote is among the top 25 unreadable articles.

Last edited:
Flood burned down the house schiano built . Ash took ownership and proceeded to blight then whole neighborhood .

Reactions: BlockR
The "unwatchable" article was not written by a football fan. Instead it was one of many, unfortunately, who think college football is all about the playoffs. I think what he calls "unwatchable" is what I'd call "not having any conference championship implications." A competitive game between schools with fan bases who care is very watchable regardless of W/L records. College football wouldn't be what it is without having schools with fans who care despite not belonging to the elite few. This clown needs to be told that what he wrote is among the top 25 unreadable articles.
Maybe hes talking about the whole package under Ash,11 straight losses,buffalo,eastern Michigan,Kansas,the whole unwatchable Asherror picture.

You guys are negatoids. He said there are only four Rutgers games that are not watchable. That means there are 8 good Rutgers games.

I dont recall me ever posting as a Schiano hater. Perhaps you can provide an example? I do recall you making incorrect moronic and hateful posts on the CE board and well as this board however.

Schiano got all the money he needed from Uncle Bob......and it was at the expense of closing up shop on other sports. Schiano left RU for a big fat pro contract at an inopportune time in the recruiting process with little choice but to bring on Flood for continuity. Rutgers has no money because tools like you and those who liked your post come and constantly complain on message boards or seek out and spread negativity about RU, sent their kids to other schools and badmouth RU like your buddy in his 1990 style "chat room" treating this like it's a badly run Professional sports organization instead of a public university which relies heavily on donations to drive athletic success.

You are clueless. RU has no money because the Administration refuses to invest in the future. We hire incompetents like Hobbs and Ash and expect the Football Program to be on solid footing. LMAO

You knew we were in trouble when Ash said I’ll get to Recruiting in a month ..I have a Bowl game to prepare for the Buckeyes.
Should have told him to not come back right then and there. God I hate this arrogant Iowa dipshit.

You are clueless. RU has no money because the Administration refuses to invest in the future. We hire incompetents like Hobbs and Ash and expect the Football Program to be on solid footing. LMAO

Successful college football programs are driven by a rabid fan base and fueled by money and support from their boosters. This is not Pro sports. Administrations come and go and yet RU still has no sustained success under any Admin....even Schiano only had fleeting success on the field against a weakened Big East. Not sure where you think RU's money comes from but perhaps compare us to other schools in the BIG to learn something about the root cause of this issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT