ADVERTISEMENT

We look like a joke.

Here is the image I was sent tonight. Again, from someone with no connection to NJ or etc. I'm just tired of it all.

Oh the horror! Quite the backbone on you. If you loathe RU athletics, go away. Win win for everyone and you won’t be bullied by these monsters anymore.

Sometimes other people say mean things and that can be frustrating. I think this is a case of you seeing a lighthearted meme through a 2am filter and interpreting it as mean.

I would just say “Haha good one” and that will let them know you’re not thin-skinned or odd or unstable.

Also what did we tell you about talking to strangers on the internet? You have no idea who you are interacting with. We said the Rutgers board is ok because most of the people actually KNOW other people on the board so it’s semi-anonymous. But these other places could have a grown man getting his balls busted by a funny teenager, which could be horrific.

I’ve seen a lot of digs on Twatter at Rutgers which is weird Especially from Mish St fans , stuff like is FDU the state university

Mid and small Majors upset big teams often in the Dance. FDU’s win was historic, but when these teams win it’s not a knock on the state university schools.

Reactions: PSAL_Hoops
) The pattern of referees is consistent with the same pool of refs, on rotation pretty much all season long. These refs know our league, our league and coaches know these refs......some refs clearly know which teams get the benefit of the whistle and which ones do not (especially RU during their climb out of the bottom 4 of the league).
So, so true.
And this continues to be so frustrating.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Do I think this game gets to this point, with B1G referees, calling a game....no, I think there would have been some more fouls given to FDU to aid Purdue along in this game.
What is a "Big Ten referee", and how is it different than the three guys that called the game last night?

Reactions: dconifer
The Purdue fluke loss does not justify your asinine view. bIG is 5-3 with one fluke loss. Purdue has the best player in the country.
Losing to a 13,15, and 16 in consecutive years is not a fluke it’s a trend of bad coaching decisions and overhyped. One year, ok a fluke. 3 years is on the coach !

Just remember, RU has a different code of conduct than let's say, Alabama. No way Brandon Miller would be playing in the tournament for RU . Higher standards can be a challenge with respect
to recruiting
Prob in the hoops program.

But many football programs would have dismissed Max Melton and Chris Long too

The NJ teams winning doesn't bother me in the slightest. I hope they keep winning. It has zero impact on Rutgers

Are we worried FDU is going to start stealing recruits and fans from Rutgers?

It's March Madness. Upsets by small schools are the best part of the entire tournament. Love to see it

The NJ teams winning doesn't bother me in the slightest. I hope they keep winning. It has zero impact on Rutgers

It's March Madness. Upsets by small schools are the best part of the entire tournament. Love to see it
Agreed Go NJ! Duke and Kentucky are the schools we need to worry about stealing recruits. The 2 schools highly focused on the kinds we want. Not FDU

I hear Cliff and Cam might be transferring as a package deal to Rider.

Rider, lol
With those Two they'll then win their conference, get the bid, and upset a 2 seed
Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN

And just remember where this program was for for 25 years before the past 5
This is the part I don't get. 3 straight tourney worthy years (yes, I still count 2020 - we were in) and what really should have been a 4th based on body of work, but we get hosed (even if we blew a couple of games at the end of the year that would've locked up a bid 100%). I've never been happier to be an RU hoops fan, given the mostly terrible teams we've had since the mid-80s and the almost 30-year NCAA drought since 1991. And the future, with Pike & Co. is still bright.

This is the part I don't get. 3 straight tourney worthy years (yes, I still count 2020 - we were in) and what really should have been a 4th based on body of work, but we get hosed (even if we blew a couple of games at the end of the year that would've locked up a bid 100%). I've never been happier to be an RU hoops fan, given the mostly terrible teams we've had since the mid-80s and the almost 30-year NCAA drought since 1991. And the future, with Pike & Co. is still bright.
I agree that the future is bright, but when I think back to these four years it will be more about missed opportunities than banner moments.

2020 was nobody's fault, obviously. 2021 we should have been a Sweet 16 team and completely collapsed against Houston. That game bothers me more than anything else: Sweet 16 opportunities like that don't come around often and we blew it. 2022 we got stuck in the First Four and lost to what I believe was an inferior Notre Dame team.

We all know what happened this year. Yes, RU was probably should have made the NCAAs during what was supposed to be a transition year. But when you build a record like we had and collapse down the stretch, especially against a pathetic team like Minnesota that we led late in commanding fashion, that is a catastrophic failure.

The silver lining is the louder voices in our fanbase have now been humbled (and even silenced in some cases). Never again is Rutgers a tournament "lock" unless and until they win the Big Ten and/or hear their names called on Selection Sunday. The coaches and players will have to earn it and that's exactly how it should be. No more assumptions or acting like the committee will hand anything to us.

I agree that the future is bright, but when I think back to these four years it will be more about missed opportunities than banner moments.

2020 was nobody's fault, obviously. 2021 we should have been a Sweet 16 team and completely collapsed against Houston. That game bothers me more than anything else: Sweet 16 opportunities like that don't come around often and we blew it. 2022 we got stuck in the First Four and lost to what I believe was an inferior Notre Dame team.

We all know what happened this year. Yes, RU was probably should have made the NCAAs during what was supposed to be a transition year. But when you build a record like we had and collapse down the stretch, especially against a pathetic team like Minnesota that we led late in commanding fashion, that is a catastrophic failure.

The silver lining is the louder voices in our fanbase have now been humbled (and even silenced in some cases). Never again is Rutgers a tournament "lock" unless and until they win the Big Ten and/or hear their names called on Selection Sunday. The coaches and players will have to earn it and that's exactly how it should be. No more assumptions or acting like the committee will hand anything to us.
True, but missed opportunties >>>>>>>>>> no opportunities in hell. And believe me, I was there for the Houston implosion and it sucked, but it was a trillion times better than the previous 30 years of futility. I watched that with @AreYouNUTS and Danny Breslauer and a few others and it hurt bad, but hurting bad is way better than the emptiness of being irrelevant.

I guess you're new fan. You didnt go through the times when it was really embarrassing...LOL...

Rutgers future looks more bright than alot of the top programs out there with incoming recruits for 23/24 & 24/25. Enjoy being Rutgers Fan!!!

Reactions: tm_nj and Loyal-Son
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT