ADVERTISEMENT

We need to rethink the schedule

RU4Real

Legend
Jul 25, 2001
It happens every year. We get to the last game of the season and instead of waxing nostalgic when it's over and looking forward to next year we get trucked by f*ckin' Maryland and I have to spend all winter trying to talk myself into buying season tickets yet again.

It happens every year. We get to the last game of the season and instead of waxing nostalgic when it's over and looking forward to next year we get trucked by f*ckin' Maryland and I have to spend all winter trying to talk myself into buying season tickets yet again.
Sure, give Warren a call

Reactions: WPUknight
Divisions are changing soon.

It’s going to happen right when RU starts turning the corner.

Then RutgersSam will post about how Greg is still terrible because he couldn’t win in the original B1G East.

It’s going to be glorious.

Reactions: ru66 and letitrip2
Divisions are changing soon.

It’s going to happen right when RU starts turning the corner.

Then RutgersSam will post about how Greg is still terrible because he couldn’t win in the original B1G East.

It’s going to be glorious.
I do think it will help but not sure as much as people think if we don’t step up. I didn’t realize we’re winless against 5 B10 west teams until another poster brought that up.

Plus USC and maybe UCLA (have to see how Kelly does after DTR) are exactly the type of teams I worry about save OSU. Against high powered consistent offenses, we can’t keep up.

I do think it will help but not sure as much as people think if we don’t step up. I didn’t realize we’re winless against 5 B10 west teams until another poster brought that up.

Plus USC and maybe UCLA (have to see how Kelly does after DTR) are exactly the type of teams I worry about save OSU. Against high powered consistent offenses, we can’t keep up.
We’re much more competitive in those games, eventually we’re going to start winning them.

• Haha
Reactions: rurichdog
RU didn’t get it done against anyone other than Indy? Who should we end with? Northwestern? Indy?

Will the B1G allow us to schedule D3 teams so we can be competitive?

Just the records and scores in the B1G,

2020(3-6) Rutgers 240 B1G opponents 289 9gm
West Purdue, Illinois, Nebraska
2021(2-7) Rutgers 133 B1G opponents 299 9gm
West NW, Illinois, Wisconsin
2022(1-8) Rutgers 105 B1G opponents 309 9gm
West Iowa, Minn, Nebraska

They scored more points in year 1 than 2 and 3 combined

Very sad.

Wow. Talk about regression

Reactions: Scarlet Blind

Wow. That pretty much sums it all up. Someone remind Greg of the definition of insanity.

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
The conference is not even that good this year. Somebody has start asking GS some tough questions about the state of the program.
You obviously mean outside of the 3 Top 10 teams we played? MD also played them as did MSU. Those are the teams we need to beat along with Nebraska who was talented but up and down this year. Iowa would be nice too.

It remains to be seen after Taulia leaves if Maryland has permanently passed us by. But there was an obvious talent disparity at many positions yesterday. If RU had a functional offense and had capitalized on two early turnovers, maybe the game would not have been a laughing stock and even somewhat competitive.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Maryland is not a juggernaut in football and a decent team can win against them

Don’t build them up

The 2020 Covid year doesn't count.

• Haha
Reactions: NickRU714
Maryland is not a juggernaut in football and a decent team can win against them

Don’t build them up
I wasn't building them up.

Quite the opposite. The fact that we're 3-6 against them since 2014 is pathetic.

You obviously mean outside of the 3 Top 10 teams we played? MD also played them as did MSU. Those are the teams we need to beat along with Nebraska who was talented but up and down this year. Iowa would be nice too.
Split those games and we get to do something for the holidays.

This would be an entirely different thread.

I wasn't building them up.

Quite the opposite. The fact that we're 3-6 against them since 2014 is pathetic.
They are the perfect last game opponent
if we are finishing with a league game

There is no better option, and we always should have a chance to win with a semi decent team

“This is really Year 2. 2020 shouldn’t count against HC Schiano! He was left with a HC Ash roster!!”

Maybe the Ash players weren’t so bad after all?
Since the offense gets worse as more and more Ash players cycle out.

LOL? Princeton would beat this class of clowns.
Who the f*ck are you to call a bunch of kids and young men clowns? You said you don't even go to games! I bet you don't support the team with some $ either. A grown man calling a team clowns shows a lot of class! (all low) Internet muscles. You would shit yourself if you had to say that in front of them.

Who the f*ck are you to call a bunch of kids and young men clowns? You said you don't even go to games! I bet you don't support the team with some $ either. A grown man calling a team clowns shows a lot of class! (all low) Internet muscles. You would shit yourself if you had to say that in front of them.
Thanks for chiming in. You are right, I don't support the team with cash. I NEVER WENT TO R.U.. BUT on the other hand, my taxes help support the mess that is on the gridiron. To say that in front of them at my age? Should I fear being assaulted? Seems like that is what you are suggesting, violence, am I right? See I have freedom of speech, they have no freedom to assault anyone. Thank you for assuming you know how large I am or I am not. MAYBE, just MAYBE they would be the ones who have the fear you speak of. Maybe, maybe not. Again thanks. Have a good safe week.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Thanks for chiming in. You are right, I don't support the team with cash. I NEVER WENT TO R.U.. BUT on the other hand, my taxes help support the mess that is on the gridiron. To say that in front of them at my age? Should I fear being assaulted? Seems like that is what you are suggesting, violence, am I right? See I have freedom of speech, they have no freedom to assault anyone. Thank you for assuming you know how large I am or I am not. MAYBE, just MAYBE they would be the ones who have the fear you speak of. Maybe, maybe not. Again thanks. Have a good safe week.

Should we all show up at one of your kids events and continue to shout at them and call them all clowns for anything they do wrong.....or better yet...smear it all over social media anonymously? After all.....freedom of speech.....amiright?

Here's my freedom of speech......you might as well be a PSU fan based on the lack of support nor participation for RU. In other words you're fvcking worthless to RU. I'll be happy to Venmo you the couple bucks of your tax dollars that go towards RU athletics. Go fvck yourself.

I'm ok with MD at the end of every season. We need a rival and we need some tradition. We've had some great games with MD, yesterday was an a$$ raping though

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT