ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend vs Army

biazza38

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
RU takes game one 5-1. O’Reilly pitched 7.2 an got the win. Brito got last out in the 8th and struck out the side in the 9th. We scored 3 in the 8th for insurance. Big win. Army is off to a good start

Reactions: RUTrack94
Horray
He let a reliever get an out in the 8th and finish the game.
It will be interesting to see what Brito’s role is this season. He was a weekend starter, but his spot was taken. If he wasn’t needed so much as a reliever he’d start in the middle of the week

Keep on winning. The real measure on this trip is how we fare against FGCU, who trifled with us last year. Their RPI is 33, our's is 216 as of March 8, 2018.

Last edited:
Reactions: biazza38
Keep on winning. The real measure on this trip is how we fare against FGCU, who trifled with us last year. Their RPI is 33, our's is 216 as of March 8, 2018.

You’re a riot. Army just took 2/3 from Maryland and you’re trying to tell us how we do against a top 30 type program is the “real measure” lol...God Bless Twister!

Let’s win this series and get 1 from FGCU, okay?

You’re a riot. Army just took 2/3 from Maryland and you’re trying to tell us how we do against a top 30 type program is the “real measure” lol...God Bless Twister!

Let’s win this series and get 1 from FGCU, okay?
You have to take a day off. Army is a Patriot League team. Not too many MLB draft able players on the Army roster. FGCU is the measure on this trip. Army's RPI is 141. FGCU takes their baseball seriously. Go Rutgers.

Just compete, win games we should, and upset a team we shouldn’t once in awhile. For example don’t lost to Iona. We did win one at Miami. Limit the Iona’s and get a few more Miami’s and results take care of themselves.

Just compete, win games we should, and upset a team we shouldn’t once in awhile. For example don’t lost to Iona. We did win one at Miami. Limit the Iona’s and get a few more Miami’s and results take care of themselves.
I’m not sure how I feel about the midweek games this week. Hopefully we have someone who can give us some consistent starts. If not, we need to outslugg some people

I like Brito out of the bullpen. His stuff will play up in that role, as his FB sits low-90s. He also throws strikes so it'll be nice having a reliever coming in and not walking guys...

Think Brito can be a real asset out of the pen going forward.

Reactions: biazza38
Anybody know if RU Baseball tried to land Andrew DiPiazza? He's now at Rowan. He's 2-0 already this season and had a no hitter going into the 7th yesterday down at a tournament in Florida. Ended up giving up 2 cheap singles in 7th. Ended with 15 strikeouts in 7 innings. I know the competition is not on par to D1 but striking out 15 (tying the Glassboro/Rowan record books in 2nd start ) in 7 innings at any college level is impressive.
6-7' 240lbs Andrew was a 2x NJ 1st team All-State selection as a pitcher ,(not many in NJ history can claim that) drafted by the SF Giants out of Central Regional/Bayville NJ (same HS of Al Leiter) but went down to Univ. of Alabama were he redshirted and left program after that 1 season. Spends next 2 seasons at Mercer and was named National Junior College Pitcher of the year for them. Last I spoke to him over the summer he was heading to Univ. of San Diego to finish out his final 2 seasons and hopefully a good draft spot but ended up at Rowan. DiPiazza looks like a MLB pitcher right now physically with a fastball in the upper 90's and a 6-7' frame. .I was hoping he ended up at RU ,,He would.be in starting rotation.and possibly the Ace!

Last edited:
You have to take a day off. Army is a Patriot League team. Not too many MLB draft able players on the Army roster. FGCU is the measure on this trip. Army's RPI is 141. FGCU takes their baseball seriously. Go Rutgers.

Florida golf coast, again, is a top 30 type program. Setting yourself up for expectations as such, or unrealistic, and you know it which is why you choose to do it. A series W vs Army and one out of three against FGCU would be a very good trip, for THIS program at THIS time, no matter what YOU think or say.

Oh and GFY with the “you have to take a day off” crao. Who do you think you are?

Last edited:
Florida golf coast, again, is a top 30 type program. Setting yourself up for expectations as such, or unrealistic, and you know it which is why you choose to do it. A series W vs Army and one out of three against FGCU would be a very good trip, for THIS program at THIS time, no matter what YOU think or say.

Oh and GFY with the “you have to take a day off” crao. Who do you think you are?
You are the one who starts with the personal potshots. Just respond to entries and leave the personalities out of it. We both pull for Rutgers. This board is not about you and me. In your post here, we agree that winning the Army series and beating FGCU once would be a good trip. A win over FIU, who is not nearly as good as FGCU, would be icing on the cake.

Reactions: Scarlet Knut
This is outstanding. I did not expect us to sweep Army. They actually had a decent record going into the weekend and were rated above us. We are now 8-6 on the season which is the best start in several years.

Things are looking up. Wish we hadn't blown last Sundays game in the 9th, but now we move ahead a try to get a few more wins in Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT