ADVERTISEMENT

Weights for the Team

bluemountain1967

Sophomore
Feb 8, 2020
I think the guys had to certify by start of practice. Does anyone know how to find what weight each guy certified at?

It’s on Trackwrestling. You can find it on the team roster page.

NameNameEligibleWt. ClassGender
Max HermesMax Hermes133M
Brandon ChletsosBrandon Chletsos133M
Dean PetersonDean Peterson133M
Devon BrittonDevon Britton141M
Dylan ShawverDylan Shawver149M
Jor FongaroJor Fongaro149M
Mitch MooreMitch Moore149M
Joe OlivieriJoe Olivieri157M
Dylan WeaverDylan Weaver165M
Michael CettaMichael Cetta165M
Jacob ButlerJacob Butler165M
Sebastino NiniSebastino Nini165M
Andy ClarkAndy Clark174M
Luke GayerLuke Gayer174M
Damian WeaverDamian Weaver174M
Al DesantisAl Desantis174M
Connor O`NeillConnor O`Neill174M
Shane Cartegena-WalshShane Cartegena-Walsh184M
Eric FreemanEric Freeman184M
Anthony WhiteAnthony White184M
Jackson TurleyJackson Turley197M
PJ CasalePJ Casale285M
Kyle EpperlyKyle Epperly285M
Brian SoldanoBrian Soldano285M
John O`DonnellJohn O`Donnell285M
Nico ColucciNico Colucci285M
John PoznanskiJohn Poznanski285M
Michael ToranzoMichael Toranzo285M
Yara SlavikouskiYara Slavikouski285M
Hadyn PackerHadyn Packer285M

NameNameEligibleWt. ClassGender
Max HermesMax Hermes125133M
Brandon ChletsosBrandon Chletsos125133M
Dean PetersonDean Peterson125133M
Devon BrittonDevon Britton133141M
Dylan ShawverDylan Shawver133149M
Jor FongaroJor Fongaro141149M
Mitch MooreMitch Moore141149M
Joe OlivieriJoe Olivieri141157M
Dylan WeaverDylan Weaver157165M
Michael CettaMichael Cetta149165M
Jacob ButlerJacob Butler149165M
Sebastino NiniSebastino Nini149165M
Andy ClarkAndy Clark157174M
Luke GayerLuke Gayer165174M
Damian WeaverDamian Weaver165174M
Al DesantisAl Desantis157174M
Connor O`NeillConnor O`Neill174174M
Shane Cartegena-WalshShane Cartegena-Walsh174184M
Eric FreemanEric Freeman174184M
Anthony WhiteAnthony White165184M
Jackson TurleyJackson Turley174197M
PJ CasalePJ Casale285285M
Kyle EpperlyKyle Epperly285285M
Brian SoldanoBrian Soldano184285M
John O`DonnellJohn O`Donnell285285M
Nico ColucciNico Colucci285285M
John PoznanskiJohn Poznanski197285M
Michael ToranzoMichael Toranzo197285M
Yara SlavikouskiYara Slavikouski285285M
Hadyn PackerHadyn Packer197285M

A lot of good matches were had Friday which showed our front 10 guys are exceptional!
WNG - You are a super fan and have the inside track on information. I enjoy all you provide. It makes it easier to be an informed fan.

Each year you seem very optimistic. Other than the Ashnault/Suriano championship year we have always finished outside the top ten. As a die hard RU fan and hopefully an objective one, only finishing once inside the top 10 is not good. We are in the BIG 10, have a great fan base, have one of the best training facilities in the country, and are situated in the heart of prime recruiting territory. I just don't understand why we can't be better. Can you explain what we can't be a consistent top 10 team.

In you knowledgeable opinion how many All Americans will we have this year and what place will our team finish in at the national tournament. I truly want to believe and celebrate.

Thanks for keeping the fans informed on what's happening with the team.

Reactions: gogs7
Blue
This is the best team weight for weight we have had in a long time. Moore and Butler are great additions. Soldano, Poz and Yara finishing off will win us many meets if all stay healthy. Moore gave Riviera all he could handle so he is my dark choice to AA. We could have 5 or 6 AAs

Blue
This is the best team weight for weight we have had in a long time. Moore and Butler are great additions. Soldano, Poz and Yara finishing off will win us many meets if all stay healthy. Moore gave Riviera all he could handle so he is my dark choice to AA. We could have 5 or 6 AAs
That's Impressive. It would likely be our best season ever. Looks like a top 10 and maybe top 5 team.

We need multiple champions to be a top 5 team.
I don't think RU has a Realistic Title Contender this year.
That is what it takes to be a perennial Top 10 team.
We could have 4 AA's and still not break the top 10.
The year we were 9th, we had 2 National Champs and 1 other AA.

RU has MANY wrestlers who could still be alive for blood round so our AA's could swing from 0 to 6
If i was a betting man, i would set the line at 2.5 AA's

Of course i hope that we have 6 AA's with one of our wrestlers making it to round of 8

Such a solid lineup top to bottom! Very excited for the year.

My guess for AAs is 2. After reviewing the make up on the weight classes, my guess is that Dean and Soldano have the highest probability of getting on the podium. This team is going to be a very good dual meet team.

125 - i think Dean can wrestle with and potentially beat anyone at this weight. Bold but weight has lost a lot due to graduation. Ramos being the fav but at Big Tens he lost 9-1 to DeAugustino ( uMich now ) and only beat McKee 2-1 in wrestle backs which Dean beat) . At NCAA , Dean lost to #2 Noto - 3-1. Ramos & Noto are beatable and this weight is wide open. think Dean finishes top 5

174 - i m expecting a big final year Turley - tough to AA but his BIg Ten and NCAA tourney performance were very encouraging , harkening back to his AA run. i think he is dialed in and finally healthy. In Big Tens he lost to Brands 1-0 , Ruth 4-3 in WB and then Mekhi 2-1 at NCAAs - all right there - Preseason - Brands #5, Ruth #8, Mekhi # 4. Also beat D Washington at big tens(current #11 )

184 - w Brooks and Trent moving up , i think BS can go w all 7 guys ahead of him, As a true frosh wrestling at a man's weight , i think the size was an issue at times, With a year in the weight room, more tactical strategy and the knowledge as to when to go for the home run will pay huge dividends this year. I think top 5 is possible.

197 - i think there are 6 locks for AA ( including AJ ) , Poz can absolutely be one the podium as well. Its a bear of a weight class . Curious to see how a year off , health and some size adjust to a new weight class. 197 lbers are big big dudes

285 - i cannot speak intelligently on Yara , but weight class is tough . prb 6 locks for AA and throw in Dayton Pitzer.

Dean and BS will make huge jumps this year from frosh year to sophs. Strength , feel , understanding the grind will lead to huge upside. The confidence and swagger from frosh to soph is a real factor in successful college wrestling.

Mitch moore was R12 a couple years ago. Clark continued ascension and being at the right weight class and Shawver will lead to a banner year

Reactions: Bobbynieds
We need multiple champions to be a top 5 team.
I don't think RU has a Realistic Title Contender this year.
That is what it takes to be a perennial Top 10 team.
We could have 4 AA's and still not break the top 10.
The year we were 9th, we had 2 National Champs and 1 other AA.
No other AA the year of 2 National Champs.

Poz is 197? What do folks think, is he big enough? What is the projected line up by weight class?

125 - Peterson
133 - Shawver
141 - Moore
149 - Butler
157 - Clark
165 - White
174 - Turley
184 - Soldano
197 - Poznanski
285 - Slavikouski

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Poz is 197? What do folks think, is he big enough? What is the projected line up by weight class?
Interesting Goody said with the move to 197, "there is no weight issue, we are not losing weight anymore". Was there ever a struggle to make and maintain 184?

Any feedback on how the indicator matches went? I thought I heard they would be this week, though not sure when exactly.

Any feedback on how the indicator matches went? I thought I heard they would be this week, though not sure when exactly.
They used to publish/share the results of these matches but it seems like they stopped about 2 years ago unfortunately. I know I'm beating a dead horse here because they aren't true wrestle-offs and Goody has his own system of determining the starters but it always seems a big miss to not give the fans another opportunity to get in the building and engage with the team. OSU does it well and it's often televised.

Without all that we need to rely on some insiders to drop a nugget or two

They used to publish/share the results of these matches but it seems like they stopped about 2 years ago unfortunately. I know I'm beating a dead horse here because they aren't true wrestle-offs and Goody has his own system of determining the starters but it always seems a big miss to not give the fans another opportunity to get in the building and engage with the team. OSU does it well and it's often televised.

OSU was on last night, big ten plus. Always enjoy watching that. Agree.
Good way to see/gauge depth at certain weights and give a look to some guys who have been in the program but never really crack the lineup. Those are the glue guys on the team.

Agreed, especially since Goodale has said he wants to simulate a real match feel/competition as much as possible. Getting a crowd and putting some pressure on the guys can be good experience especially for the young, non starters who are only going to get chances unattached in low attendance tournaments and weaker duals.

Reactions: MS-RU

I've commented on this before and am doing so again. The lack of information is inconsistent with the goals of promoting Rutgers wrestling. I've always thought this forum was the best source of information. Am I wrong? Is there something else that provides more? I've compared the wrestling program to the football program, but we can also make comparisons to other, more successful wrestling programs. Rutgers needs to promote the program if there is any chance of generating the excitement and funds needed to compete. You can't keep crying poor while not doing all that is necessary to promote and market the program.

I have asked questions in the past only to be told by some that I don't deserve to know. I would like to know about the wrestle-offs, regardless of what Goodale calls them. And on that point, I've always preferred the sports where performance can be measured over judges' subjective assessments. There is nothing more fair than a direct competition to choose a starter. I look back to when White beat MVB in wrestle-offs. I suspect that may have been Goodale's motivation for secrecy.

How's Casale looking in the room? Is he filling into the weight? Hoping we get to see him more this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT