ADVERTISEMENT

What Medical Injury Did Grant Sustain?

During the Michigan game the one guy who looks like Milhouse crossed with Beavis said Grant broke his leg. I thought it was just some severe high ankle sprain.

I thought I read somewhere he broke it, but I don't remember. All that stuck was that it was season ending.

If you watch the tape it looks like a break. Im hoping for not severe ligament or achilles damage.

I believe he was in a hard cast at the end of the game, which would make me think break rather than sprain. A clean, simple break might be the best he could hope for career-wise - bones heal much better than ligaments and tendons.

Lower body, Can't believe in this day and age they won't be more specific.

You've got it backwards....in this day and age they won't be more detailed. HIPAA was passed into law in 97 or something like that. The real reason was to prevent insurance companies from sharing all of our health information to fix the insurance pricing game.

My strong guess is a break based on how it looked. Have to hope there is not severe ligament damage, bc that is what could keep him from being able to play again.

Reactions: Joey Bacala
Grant's ankle was jumped on , soooo.... probably a broken ankle.

Why does the NFL put out specific injury reports and not NCAA ? Gambling ?

Also whenever a star HS kid gets hurt they usually mention the injury in the articles.

I read somewhere he had a "fractured" ankle. Don't know if that's any different than "broken" - or more than one place?

Well I'm glad the OP asked the question.
I'm even happier all you guys could clear up what type of injury JG sustained.

Grant's ankle was jumped on , soooo.... probably a broken ankle.

Also whenever a star HS kid gets hurt they usually mention the injury in the articles.
In the preseason players can sign a HIPAA release form that allows the school to release certain medical information. Most coaches however will only give general information.

If you watch the tape it looks like a break. Im hoping for not severe ligament or achilles damage.
I only watched once or twice, but man it looks like his lower leg was bent.

Thus I thought more tibia/fibula then ankle.

Was shocked to see him walking around on it at all. Was shocked he was hanging on the sidelines after it happened. Little sketchy imo on coach and dr's allowing that, but super tough on Grant's part.

I would agree from the videos of the play Grant was injured on it was a break of just above the ankle...tibia /fibula.... but more likely ankle...

None of our business!
If we were running a business here then this might be relevant. But this is mere fan talk.

Look the implied underlying message here is, I hope he can recover and get back on the field. This is not digging through his garbage so as to tarnish his reputation, it's a positive question.

Reactions: Rokodesh
None of our business!
chit chat which is just people conjecturing about an injury ...it is done at all schools...it does not impact Janarion 's recovery and possible draft status going forward.

That's the reason people assume. I don't know if the NFL has ever specifically said. It's likely something they have agreed upon with the NFLPA or is in the player's contract.

I don't know why some schools release info and others don't. It could be as simple as RU doesn't even ask, going with a blanket policy instead.

A clean break is better than a high sprain. Heal up, get to rehab, get healthy and make a decision to stay or move on with his life.

Hopefully no surgery was needed.

Broken ankle. He's out for the season but this isn't a career ending injury.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT