ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer QB: Bullock, Davis, Delaportas

dasonata259

Redshirt
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2021
If I missed a commit of one of the three, apologies, but if Rutgers does entertain a QB in the transfer portal it would be easier to justify with local ties. Tahj Bullock was at VT and played very little. Peter Delaportas was at BC behind Jurkovec and an offensive line no one expected to be that bad prior to the season. The most intriguing to me is Braden Davis from Delaware who was stuck in a stacked QB room at South Carolina. Davis was viewed highly with the Gamecocks but the word locally is that he was too much of a project compared to what else was available in the immediate term. Any rumblings on any of these three coming closer to their original homes?

Again, the staff hasn't said publicly they want a portal QB (rumored to be because they want to keep showing commitment to Wimsatt), but if any of these three guys said they wanted to come or even had an interest, would the staff entertain it?

Did we have interest in DeVito? We need “offensive” talent at all positions. Defensive coordinators at other Big Ten schools giggle the week before they play us. It’s been a long time since we‘ve been able to get in an offensive rhythm and move the chains. Our punter has been our MVP for a few seasons.

Reactions: dasonata259
Did we have interest in DeVito? We need “offensive” talent at all positions. Defensive coordinators at other Big Ten schools giggle the week before they play us. It’s been a long time since we‘ve been able to get in an offensive rhythm and move the chains. Our punter has been our MVP for a few seasons.
If memory serves, DeVito was reportedly interested in RU, but Jonathan Lewis was our guy that year.

Reactions: dasonata259
If I missed a commit of one of the three, apologies, but if Rutgers does entertain a QB in the transfer portal it would be easier to justify with local ties. Tahj Bullock was at VT and played very little. Peter Delaportas was at BC behind Jurkovec and an offensive line no one expected to be that bad prior to the season. The most intriguing to me is Braden Davis from Delaware who was stuck in a stacked QB room at South Carolina. Davis was viewed highly with the Gamecocks but the word locally is that he was too much of a project compared to what else was available in the immediate term. Any rumblings on any of these three coming closer to their original homes?

Again, the staff hasn't said publicly they want a portal QB (rumored to be because they want to keep showing commitment to Wimsatt), but if any of these three guys said they wanted to come or even had an interest, would the staff entertain it?
The room is full of unproven QBs, why would you or anyone think adding another inexperienced QB is the way to go? If adding a QB, they need someone with some actual experience that can help now. But a transfer QB is not a priority.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT