ADVERTISEMENT

What's YOUR starting 5 for Niagara (now that we've seen Game 1)?

Same starting lineup as Bryant. I like Young and Mulcahy off the bench. Eventually I may consider Yeboah for McConnell but there's nothing to worry about as starting vs not starting when it comes to playing. If a particular player is playing well, he's going to stay on the court.

The starting five against Bryant didn't seem to have much chemistry, tbh. Hoping it was first game jitters/overexcitement. Not looking to make a change just yet.

Mulcahy isn't ready to start, imo. Young's 1/6 assist/turnover ratio didn't scream "starting PG" to me. Yeboah didn't outshine Harper or McConnell enough to take their starting spot.

Reactions: JDNB
Your taking RHJ out after 1 game?
No way but I don’t think it matters who starts because we rotate so much.

I think we can go big with Yeboah or go speed with Young or go with more patient half sets with Mulcahey depending on who we are playing. All 3 of them can start at times this year and maybe even all 3 together at times.

Gotta mix and match lineups early on until you find something that clicks, for that reason I go Mulcahy-Geo-Caleb-Harper-Myles. Reward mulcahy for playing a heckuva game. The kid is also mature beyond his years so he’ll understand if pike tells him hes not necessarily gonna start every game

Reactions: BillyC80
I'd like to see the lineup most of us thought we would see to start out the year:

1 - Young
2 - Geo
3 - Harper
4 - Yeboah
5 - Myles

Mathis subs in for Geo

McConnell subs in for Yeboah (Harper to the 4)

Carter subs in for Myles

Mulcahy subs in for Young

No need to go crazy with the analysis...

Young/Baker/Mulcahy/Yeboah/Johnson

If it's based on Bryant performance, Young certainly did nothing to warrant a start! The kid was admittedly rusty, but he was a turnover machine and missed some easy shots including an air dunk. Also, he played way too selfish for my liking. I'm sure he'll get better with game time, but a second game starter? Based on what?

Reactions: RU677381
Only one game so I don't want to be too critical.

I stand with saying Mulcahy would be a starter half way through the season.

The game is so much better when he's in. I believe he'll take Young's minutes.

Geo at the point. Ron Harper the 2/SG. Yeboah and Johnson down low. Run the half court. McConnell

Geo rhj Mathis Carter Johnson

use Caleb young, yeboah and duke as appropriate subs. No more in and out by the minute. Go big. With some shooters. No more of the flash to the free throw line. Play an offense. Work it in and out push tempo when needed.

Baker, McConnell, Harper, Yeboah, Johnson
I like this lineup because it has the most potential scorers on the court at the same time.However,shooting isn't a strength of this team which means Rutgers will have to grind out wins and find a way to make foul shots at crunch time.

I would not change the starters from Game 1. I'm more interested in how we go after Niagara after the lackluster performance. Hopefully a lesson learned and we
make a statement on Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT