ADVERTISEMENT

Which one of these programs will have the better ten year stretch ?

Look at that: The OSU and Meechigan fans hijacking ours threads with their banter. We've come a long way from when the occasional Cuse troll or UCan't poster came around to talk trash.

Keep living in the past as you guys say. Remember we were supposed to be an 8 win team at best last year and opened the season as significant underdogs vs OSU even at home.
Referencing the last regular season game of the last football season to be played is living the past? I'm not sure how to live in the present then...I guess Harbaugh is beating Urban 1-0 at appearing in rap videos?

Reactions: ruready07
Wishful thinking. I wish I had a dollar for every MSU and OSU fan I've heard say something like "yeah, well just wait till he leaves in 3 years!". Not, "He could coach as long as he wants, we'll kick his ass" etc. It's almost as if they know what is to come and just want to preface it with "enjoy it while it lasts" in hopes that it won't last.

I think if any program has to worry it's the one with a coach that faked heart issues to get out of a job.

635567181505224942-USP-NCAA-FOOTBALL-NATIONAL-CHAMPIONSHIP-OHIO-STAT-69986692.JPG

H arbaugh may have the biggest reputation but IMO Chris Petersen is as good or even better as a Coach.I wonder if JH would even be known if he had started off at Boise.

Yeah, starting at The University San Diego was such a big advantage for JH.

Reactions: Alaska_Dawg
We are a long way off from the end of the 2017 recruiting cycle. Looking back at 2015 and 2016, you guys seem neck and neck. We have a Cal fan in our office here, and he is pretty amused about these predictions of Husky grandeur. Sonny Dykes is doing a great job at Cal. Time will tell.
I'll be the first to admit the media went overboard on Washington this year. 2017 should be Washington's breakout year, at least on paper. Cal gets some decent recruits but it has horrible backing from the school and fanbase. That school is anti football hence the reason Dykes was job hunting at the end of last season.

I'll be the first to admit the media went overboard on Washington this year. 2017 should be Washington's breakout year, at least on paper. Cal gets some decent recruits but it has horrible backing from the school and fanbase. That school is anti football hence the reason Dykes was job hunting at the end of last season.
They also have the problem in losing Goff. Unless their new QB is a dynamo, you guys should take them this year. But maybe it will not matter so much since they run that modified air raid/Bear raid offense? Are Cal and WSU the only teams that run that offense in the PAC12?

I like Cal, as they remind me in some ways of Rutgers in the school not really supporting football (until recently) and a large fanbase that supports the school financially. We are getting better now that we are B1G, but we have a long way to go compete against our B1G East competition.

They also have the problem in losing Goff. Unless their new QB is a dynamo, you guys should take them this year. But maybe it will not matter so much since they run that modified air raid/Bear raid offense? Are Cal and WSU the only teams that run that offense in the PAC12?

I like Cal, as they remind me in some ways of Rutgers in the school not really supporting football (until recently) and a large fanbase that supports the school financially. We are getting better now that we are B1G, but we have a long way to go compete against our B1G East competition.
Cal got a super transfer from TT in QB Davis Webb so they should be fine at the QB position this year. Cal sits in a hotbed for recruiting so they do decent no matter what.

As far as offenses go ... Cal runs more of a pro style offense compared to Arizona and Oregon who run more a true spread offense.

Nah, I can't imagine... [winking]

Screen-Shot-2013-09-14-at-8.01.34-PM.png

Harbaugh is a hot headed wingnut who rubs people the wrong way, but the circumstances at San Francisco were all but impossible with the current owner and GM calling the shots.
Agree. As a Niner fan, I was there to watch the backstabbing and bullcrap that Jed York and his minions pulled. York is nothing but a spoiled brat who never did anything in his life until his parents (who only got the team due to Eddie D's riverboat scandal) got tired of running the 49ers and handed him the keys. He thought he was the shit and tried to meddle in everything. Jim didn't put up with it and kicked him out of the lockerroom, telling him that the lockerroom were for grown men only. After that it started going downhill, York started having his staff spread gossip about Harbaugh, tweeting and leaking internal info to the press for two years.

When the 49ers started having a ton of injuries and couldn't make up for it that last season, and the team couldn't make the playoffs, York finally had his excuse to get rid of Harbaugh and pulled the trigger, thinking that there wouldn't be a huge PR and roster backlash. He was wrong, and became the most hated man in the Bay Area and team leaders Patrick Willis & Justin Smith, as well as Anthony Davis all retired early.

Referencing the last regular season game of the last football season to be played is living the past? I'm not sure how to live in the present then...I guess Harbaugh is beating Urban 1-0 at appearing in rap videos?

I don't think it is living in the past. That's the whole point. That's the goto rebuttal by OSU fans when shown in the grand scheme of things were ahead. It's only living in the past when I reference the all time series lead or the fact that Michigan has held a winning record over Ohio State all time for 43,379 days and counting as opposed to OSU's 0 days with a winning record over Michigan. OSU fans think the rivalry started in 2004. Every game is relevant and matters or else we wouldn't have a rivalry. In 20 years if Michigan has won 13 of the last 15 would this recent stretch of OSU's dominance now be irrelevant? No.

Letting you know that you, me and everyone reading this will be dead before OSU even ties the all time series is not living in the past, either.

I don't think it is living in the past. That's the whole point. That's the goto rebuttal by OSU fans when shown in the grand scheme of things were ahead. It's only living in the past when I reference the all time series lead or the fact that Michigan has held a winning record over Ohio State all time for 43,379 days and counting as opposed to OSU's 0 days with a winning record over Michigan. OSU fans think the rivalry started in 2004. Every game is relevant and matters or else we wouldn't have a rivalry. In 20 years if Michigan has won 13 of the last 15 would this recent stretch of OSU's dominance now be irrelevant? No.

Letting you know that you, me and everyone reading this will be dead before OSU even ties the all time series is not living in the past, either.

I agree, that's definitely living in the past.

You must have me confused for someone else, then, as I never said any of that anywhere.

Those games happened, you can't un-count them. We'll just have to settle for having a a winning record against Michigan since the legalization of the forward pass. Or since Ohio State joined the B1G. We'll have to be okay with having a winning record over Michigan for the past 100 years. And the past 90 years. And the past 80 years. And the past 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, and 10 years.

We'll dry our tears in 7 national titles to 1 since Truman's second inauguration. Somehow, some way...we'll get through this.

Reactions: Akron Buck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT