ADVERTISEMENT

Why I’m frustrated

ScarletDave

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2010
Because for the last few games now, since Ash has taken over the defense, they have been actually playing great! As in, their best 2 performances of the year are against the top 2 teams in the B1G West. So maybe Ash realized that Neimann needs to go. BUT, the guy that I (and many others) have been saying keep while firing everyone else - McNulty - has gone south more and more each week. The O cost us the Northwestern game. The Line is terrible, good bye Blazek. But I’m not sold on McNulty at ALL. Not playing Pacheco enough, terrible situational awareness, running up the middle on 1st and 10 and second and 9. I don’t know what to think anymore !!

Because for the last few games now, since Ash has taken over the defense, they have been actually playing great! As in, their best 2 performances of the year are against the top 2 teams in the B1G West. So maybe Ash realized that Neimann needs to go. BUT, the guy that I (and many others) have been saying keep while firing everyone else - McNulty - has gone south more and more each week. The O cost us the Northwestern game. The Line is terrible, good bye Blazek. But I’m not sold on McNulty at ALL. Not playing Pacheco enough, terrible situational awareness, running up the middle on 1st and 10 and second and 9. I don’t know what to think anymore !!
The root of the problem for McNulty is the OL.

If Ash keeps his job, which he most likely because, Rutgers will be Rutgers and continue to be penny wise and pound foolish. He needs to rearrange the deck chairs get rid of Neimann and Blazek ASAP.

We hear so much how Blazek is a lights out recruiter and "kids love him" but his on the field results are garbage. Seymour has been his project for 3 years and he still looks completely lost out there every single game.

No doubt that the D is much improved. But, absolutely no offense.
We even lost an opportunity for a FG.
Sit has certainly shown grit, but not much else.

Couldn’t have said it any better...add it all up and don’t know how we can justify retaining this staff.

Joe P.

It's obvious Blackshear has a lot of skill as a receiver....probably best of anyone on the team. Need him in the slot and Pacheco in the backfield as often as possible. Seems obvious.

If Ash keeps his job, which he most likely because, Rutgers will be Rutgers and continue to be penny wise and pound foolish. He needs to rearrange the deck chairs get rid of Neimann and Blazek ASAP.

We hear so much how Blazek is a lights out recruiter and "kids love him" but his on the field results are garbage. Seymour has been his project for 3 years and he still looks completely lost out there every single game.

Not only Seymour but what is going on with Micah Clark? He was a 4 star prize and why hasn't Blazek been able to develop him. Light a fire underneath his arse or something.

Reactions: drewbagel423
Melton is a lost cause at this point. Unless he learns how to accelerate and cut and - you know, actually catch - in the off-season, he is what he is.

I thought Melton was supposed to be an elite athlete. Don’t see that at all. Blackshear and Pacheco are the 2 guys that make you say wow.

Wonder if McNulty has NFL contacts that are OL coaches? However, we need a top notch recruiter on staff too.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Not only Seymour but what is going on with Micah Clark? He was a 4 star prize and why hasn't Blazek been able to develop him. Light a fire underneath his arse or something.

I thought Melton was supposed to be an elite athlete. Don’t see that at all. Blackshear and Pacheco are the 2 guys that make you say wow.
Our linebackers are as bad as I've ever seen here.

What happened to the supposed gems of Ashole's first recruiting class? Melton, Clark, Lewis, & Fogg? All supposed to be 4* guys and none of them have had any impact.

The problem with putting Blackshear in the slot is that he is the best blocking back. He picked up pressure a couple of times this week.

The root of the problem for McNulty is the OL.
Yes this us 100% correct.Sit gets hit or hurried every play,the line cant run block or pass block.combine that with Wrs that struggle to catch balls.
WTF do you want MCNulty to do?

Reactions: ruronny
Yes this us 100% correct.Sit gets hit or hurried every play,the line cant run block or pass block.combine that with Wrs that struggle to catch balls.
WTF do you want MCNulty to do?
Makes you wonder what the back-up linemen are like.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Gave up 300 yards on the ground....not great. We didn't get totally blown out of the building so that equals 'great'? They had 13 straight running plays because we couldn't stop them.

Defense played better...but certainly not great.

Wonder if McNulty has NFL contacts that are OL coaches? However, we need a top notch recruiter on staff too.
Again, what competent O line coach, or any assistant, is going to come here and hitch their career to Ash who is coming off a 1-11 disaster of a season and is ranked #1 on all lists of coaches on hot seat.

Settle down. Northwestern O is bad and they used a true freshman hawaiian at RB vs us. Wisconsins offense is awful too and they had a ton of injuries. What if Ash allows 60+ to michigan? Which I personally think is likely

Thought McNut called a decent game yesterday. Mixed it up and even called a flee-flicker. We just don't have the play makers or a good O-line. The O has gotten a little better and that has helped out the D. The D did not play "great" yesterday and couldn't stop the run when they knew it was coming. 13 straight running plays!

Last edited:
Settle down. Northwestern O is bad and they used a true freshman hawaiian at RB vs us. Wisconsins offense is awful too and they had a ton of injuries. What if Ash allows 60+ to michigan? Which I personally think is likely
Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Hanaoka is a senior, and he had minimal impact. The freshman is Bowser, and he solid games against Wisconsin and Notre Dame

Also, did you notice Northwestern scored more points against Notre Dame than Rutgers? So what is your narrative?

Sitkowski's limitations are obvious, but they are compounded by poor OL play. That may also contribute to the WRs not having time to get separation, but has nothing to do their inability to catch the ball.

The last time McNulty was here, we had a 3000 yard passer, a 2000 yard runner, and TWO 1000 yard receivers.

He gets some street cred from me

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT