ADVERTISEMENT

Why I believe we are going to beat Maryland tonight

Scarlet83

All American
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
I am getting a feeling that we are going to win tonight’s game. Maybe it is:
1. the team getting Mike and Eugene back and playing extended minutes. Two of our hustle guys and leaders. They both looked healthy on Tuesday and have had some more time to heal, get stronger and shake off the remaining rust.
2. a feeling that Thiam has more confidence after Tuesday’s game, resulting in more consistent scoring.
3. that if Freeman plays, he plays a higher level of disciplined team basketball.
4. that I just watched the tape of the NW game, and we DOMINATED them the last part of the game.
5. that I am optimistic.

Let’s make Turtle Soup out of those ugly Terps!

I am getting a feeling that we are going to win tonight’s game. Maybe it is:
1. the team getting Mike and Eugene back and playing extended minutes. Two of our hustle guys and leaders. They both looked healthy on Tuesday and have had some more time to heal, get stronger and shake off the remaining rust.
2. a feeling that Thiam has more confidence after Tuesday’s game, resulting in more consistent scoring.
3. that if Freeman plays, he plays a higher level of disciplined team basketball.
4. that I just watched the tape of the NW game, and we DOMINATED them the last part of the game.
5. that I am optimistic.

Let’s make Turtle Soup out of those ugly Terps!
You fail to mention the most important factor regarding this game,namely,Rutgers doesn't win road games.

Reactions: Local Shill
The only time this team put together back to back great efforts home/road is Wisconsin to MSU.

You fail to mention the most important factor regarding this game,namely,Rutgers doesn't win road games.

Everyone knows that, 78. My OP articulated some thoughts that I hope will result in us winning this road game. Get it?

Has the OP looked at what Maryland has done at home this year vs. everyone but Michigan State and Purdue?

I’ll be watching and rooting but let’s be real. A win would be absolutely shocking. Other than wishing and hoping there’s no legitimate reason to believe RU can win.

Has the OP looked at what Maryland has done at home this year vs. everyone but Michigan State and Purdue?

I’ll be watching and rooting but let’s be real. A win would be absolutely shocking. Other than wishing and hoping there’s no legitimate reason to believe RU can win.

Yes, I know all of the facts about MD and I have been to every home game but two, so I know our weaknesses. I have a feeling we will play inspired basketball and MD will struggle. It’s a feeling. Shoot me for being hopeful that we play good basketball on the road. Oh, and I will State the obvious...we need Corey to play well.

Here's what drives me crazy about this team. Would I be shocked if we play well and win, even on the road? Actually, no. This team is capable of playing well enough to do just that. But, would I be shocked if we are down by 15 after ten minutes and lose by over 30? No. This team is capable of that as well.

Here's what drives me crazy about this team. Would I be shocked if we play well and win, even on the road? Actually, no. This team is capable of playing well enough to do just that. But, would I be shocked if we are down by 15 after ten minutes and lose by over 30? No. This team is capable of that as well.
I wouldn’t be shocked if we played well, either.
1-15 in the road in conference under Steve and 1-33 since joining the league means a win would be shocking.

I have feeling we get a win with Mike and Eugene back extending the rotation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT