ADVERTISEMENT

Why no OC hire news yet? Fire Schiano!

mildone

Legend
Dec 19, 2011
Last rumor I heard was that RU reached out to Gleeson and a conversation was had. But that was days ago. @rutgersguy1 has been updating his awesome coaching carousel thread, but no info on RU OC. Ain't no recent OC news on the premium board either.

This hire is everything. It's the whole enchilada. Whoever we hire will be the most interesting man in the world. We need to hire this guy NOW.

Last rumor I heard was that RU reached out to Gleeson and a conversation was had. But that was days ago. @rutgersguy1 has been updating his awesome coaching carousel thread, but no info on RU OC. Ain't no recent OC news on the premium board either.

This hire is everything. It's the whole enchilada. Whoever we hire will be the most interesting man in the world. We need to hire this guy NOW.
May I recommend a quaalude, I find them to work well when you’re anxious or anxiety ridden!!

May I recommend a quaalude, I find them to work well when you’re anxious or anxiety ridden!!
I'm not stressed out. I'm trying to leverage the board curse to land the greatest offensive coordinator of all time.

It definitely worked the other day when I suggested we fire Schiano for not getting any commits that morning.

Shhhh... don't tell anyone. This curse sh..tuff doesn't work if people know I'm pretending.

Reactions: knightinaz
I'm not stressed out. I'm trying to leverage the board curse to land the greatest offensive coordinator of all time.

It definitely worked the other day when I suggested we fire Schiano for not getting any commits that morning.

Shhhh... don't tell anyone. This curse sh..tuff doesn't work if people know I'm pretending.
It’s still better on quaaludes.

Good job Marosy 2.0 :Wink:
I get an B for effort maybe. But the jury's still out on if my post will result in a great OC hire.

And if not, I will get an F for the result and it might be all my fault. :eek:

C'mon, Greg, just do it!

As long as the recruits are kept apprised of the coaching search...we'll just have to make due with crumbs for now. We should know fairly shortly after BC hires a HC (last P5 opening) and the bowl games for the targeted coaches are completed.

Calm down

If things break right, this could be the staff:

OC- Gleason
Running Game Coord.- Nunzio
OL-Andrew Aurich
TE- Auggie Hoffman
WR- Tiquan Underwood

Reactions: zazoo2002
Yeah that would make sense. I have no idea if GS spoke with Aurich but if Gleeson accepts the gig then this could happen.

It’s my understanding that Auggie is coming over if the new OC is cool with it.
Like the sound of that...nice example of delegation...which is what I like to hear specifically in regards to offense.

Kendal Briles brings Randy Clements around with him as OL very often so I could see similar in the OC wanting a guy he likes as well and GS does know him.

giphy.gif

Reactions: RUTrack94
Even though highly unlikely why no mention of Matt Canada.

When Canada was OC at Pitt (one year) we averaged about 40 ppg and also beat Clemson (at Clemson) 43-42. Pitt offered him $1.0 mil/yr to stay but he went to LSU for $1.5 mil/yr. Would like to get him back.

Matt Canada would be a fantastic OC pick for Rutgers (IMO) if he and Greg can get along.

His hiring would move the needle for Rutgers as much as Greg's hiring.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Reactions: CollegeFBfan
As long as the recruits are kept apprised of the coaching search...we'll just have to make due with crumbs for now. We should know fairly shortly after BC hires a HC (last P5 opening) and the bowl games for the targeted coaches are completed.

It's interesting to note that why some were getting nervous that there was no word on Gleeson right after the December 27 bowl game he coached or the days that followed, it was a full week before the news broke on Gleeson coming to Rutgers.

Small lessons about the time frames on these types of situations to remember in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT