ADVERTISEMENT

Wimbush Transferring

RUwoz

All Conference
Jul 20, 2014
I know every transfer ever we say should come here, but Wimbush makes sense. He sucked at ND, so despite being a high caliber recruit he may actually not have better choices than us, and he’s from NJ. He was PSU at one point but no chance they want him over their other QBs, so we can can beat them with him to rub it in

Reactions: soundcrib
I know every transfer ever we say should come here, but Wimbush makes sense. He sucked at ND, so despite being a high caliber recruit he may actually not have better choices than us, and he’s from NJ. He was PSU at one point but no chance they want him over their other QBs, so we can can beat them with him to rub it in

He sucked by who’s standards? If that sucks, please tell me what we had?

Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Career
Notre Dame 193 382 50.5 2606 6.8 6.5 20 12 118

Art Sitkowski.
Career Rutgers 134 272 49.3 1158 4.3 1.6 4 18 76.6

He sucked by who’s standards? If that sucks, please tell me what we had?

Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Career
Notre Dame 193 382 50.5 2606 6.8 6.5 20 12 118

Art Sitkowski.
Career Rutgers 134 272 49.3 1158 4.3 1.6 4 18 76.6

He threw 50.5% and 12 ints despite having ND talent surrounding him, as a senior. Artur was a freshman, who will get better.

So let me get this straight Shifty. Worst scenario ? He is better than what we had this year by a long shot.

He will go anywhere who needs a QB, Rutgers included. I think he ends up at either Northwestern, Purdue, or Texas.

He will go anywhere who needs a QB, Rutgers included. I think he ends up at either Northwestern, Purdue, or Texas.
Not at NW or Purdue since they are passing school and Wimbush is more of a running QB than passing QB. Wimbush will transfer to a second tier team. Texas isn’t a second tier team.

He might be able to help Rutgers but won’t help much when he’s accustomed to a good or great offensiveline.

Tired of players giving us their a$$ to Kiss and go elsewhere, then they try to come back to RU! Please pass on this guy
Don’t think u have to worry, he isn’t coming here. But his career is 20 TS, 12 int, 2600 passing and 1500 yards rushing. Damn I will take that.

Wimbush isn’t coming within 500 miles of here. The last thing we need is someone else who can’t pass. He was a 50% passer with all that Notre Dame talent. His talents are best utilized in a spread offense. Would be a great fit for Penn State or Ohio State.

Northwestern got a transfer named Hunter Johnson from Clemson. Eligible next year. Was #1 rated qb in 2017 class per espn. He's from Indiana.

Last edited:
Wimbush isn’t coming within 500 miles of here. The last thing we need is someone else who can’t pass. He was a 50% passer with all that Notre Dame talent. His talents are best utilized in a spread offense. Would be a great fit for Penn State or Ohio State.

Ooh, it looks like a veiled admission from rutgersal that Sitkowski can't pass, lol.

Wisconsin. It worked for Russell Wilson, no? He would be filthy in the backfield with Taylor. Big step up over Hornibrook and Coan.

As unfathomable as it is to say, anybody who has a +TD to Int. ratio would be a God send to this Bumbling Stumbling Coaching Clown Show. It's been since 2016 where we've had that and even then it was only 11TD to 7 Int. under boy wonder. If not Wimbush then find somebody, anybody for Pete's sake. This is getting ridiculous and no fan base deserves the sh*t we've witnessed the past three years.

It doesn't look like we are going to get an experienced transfer QB (Langan has no experience and may have been moved to another position at BC) to at least compete for the starting job next year. I just can't understand a HC willing to let his first, and maybe only, shot at running a P5 program ride on the back of Artur Sitkowski at QB. I have been involved in one way or another with football for over 45 years, someone help me with this, what am I missing?

He threw 50.5% and 12 ints despite having ND talent surrounding him, as a senior. Artur was a freshman, who will get better.
Al - put down the crack pipe. What scintilla of evidence leads to the nutty conclusion that AS will get better? And how can you not see that Wimbush, while not perfect, would be a huge upgrade for us? If there's any chance he'd come here, Ash should be all over it. Also, even if there is some small possibility that AS has an upside, him mostly watching and redshirting next year wouldn't be a bad thing.

Definitely would take a QB of Wimbushs caliber. Though the numbers aren't amazing at least our offense would move with a QB that can make things happen outside the pocket. Posters poo-pooing Wimbush clearly enjoy losing with a boring offense.

Don’t think u have to worry, he isn’t coming here. But his career is 20 TS, 12 int, 2600 passing and 1500 yards rushing. Damn I will take that.
I’m tired of taking someone else’s scraps. Let him go elsewhere. Since Ash has started Art you might as well develop him during the offseason and hope for the best

Despite having decent stats (which does not suck BTW), he wouldnt get playing time at QB at Rutgers if he comes in volunteering to pay his own way.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Definitely would take a QB of Wimbushs caliber. Though the numbers aren't amazing at least our offense would move with a QB that can make things happen outside the pocket. Posters poo-pooing Wimbush clearly enjoy losing with a boring offense.
They rather have Artie despite proof that he cant play on the top level in HS and College.

As unfathomable as it is to say, anybody who has a +TD to Int. ratio would be a God send to this Bumbling Stumbling Coaching Clown Show. It's been since 2016 where we've had that and even then it was only 11TD to 7 Int. under boy wonder. If not Wimbush then find somebody, anybody for Pete's sake. This is getting ridiculous and no fan base deserves the sh*t we've witnessed the past three years.
Facts make it very hard to disagree with you.

Reactions: Wolv RU
Al - put down the crack pipe. What scintilla of evidence leads to the nutty conclusion that AS will get better? And how can you not see that Wimbush, while not perfect, would be a huge upgrade for us? If there's any chance he'd come here, Ash should be all over it. Also, even if there is some small possibility that AS has an upside, him mostly watching and redshirting next year wouldn't be a bad thing.
261 yards passing against Wisconsin.
The other 10 don’t count.
LOL

I must have seen Wimbush only on his good days. He certainly looked like he could throw the ball well.
We should be so lucky to have him come here. He would immediately be the highest ranked prospect we've ever had at that position and would start right away IMO.
But I'm thinking he's headed for a higher level program.

I must have seen Wimbush only on his good days. He certainly looked like he could throw the ball well.
We should be so lucky to have him come here. He would immediately be the highest ranked prospect we've ever had at that position and would start right away IMO.
But I'm thinking he's headed for a higher level program.
Bryan Fortay.

Reactions: BIGTENITCH
ND actually blocks people, has WRs that get open, catch the ball, and yet he was mediocre there. What makes anyone think he's going to be so spectacular at RU, where none of the aforementioned fundamentals have been demonstrated?

ND actually blocks people, has WRs that get open, catch the ball, and yet he was mediocre there. What makes anyone think he's going to be so spectacular at RU, where none of the aforementioned fundamentals have been demonstrated?
Who said he’d be spectacular?
Why did you pull that adjective out of thin air?
He most certainly would be an upgrade, of that there’s no question

Reactions: RUonBrain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT