ADVERTISEMENT

Wimsatt tips off pass plays

Picked up on many of our qb’s not putting in mouthpieces on pass plays years ago specifically sitkowski and laviano. Found it odd considering how prone to sacks the lines were.

Reactions: FoxRU
Your comment makes no sense - you don’t believe him? Have you looked at the tape? Seems like multiple people can see it.
Are you kidding me? Some random, anonymous person on the internet is smarter then professional College Football Coaches?? Your response makes no sense!

Funny but very true there are fans who actually understand simple tell tale signs but when they express their findings are quickly ridiculed by this board. You don’t have to be an active coach or player to know and relate to a position . Basketball, Football , Baseball. Some sitting in the stands or at home possibly coached or played at a higher level than Little league, Biddy Ball, poo Warner . How do I know this ? After years of sitting with multiple players in the stands, discussing issues and coaching philosophies it becomes evident that some coaches know less than the corner store butcher.

Wimsatt can be good but it is going to be a challenge this season. Our WR still don’t appear consistent in their route running. There is potential but man we need at least two more with actual proven stats. Like Rochelle, Washington , Montgomery (out of East Orange) and Braithwhite can play . I think we will see a much better product after summer if we hit the portal with any success. Konopka , Higgins , Ward , Langan and the true frosh did ok.

Funny but very true there are fans who actually understand simple tell tale signs but when they express their findings are quickly ridiculed by this board. You don’t have to be an active coach or player to know and relate to a position . Basketball, Football , Baseball. Some sitting in the stands or at home possibly coached or played at a higher level than Little league, Biddy Ball, poo Warner . How do I know this ? After years of sitting with multiple players in the stands, discussing issues and coaching philosophies it becomes evident that some coaches know less than the corner store butcher.
Yes but something As basic as tipping off plays should be seen like in one day of practice and fixed . Fans shouldn’t be seeing it

Last edited:
Yes but something As basic as tipping off plays should be seen like in one day of practice and fixed . Fans shouldn’t be seeing it
Possibly this is a mistake he has made In practice, the staff has worked on correcting, but he occasionally slips up and reverts back to it

Heck, what he should do is to purposefully mix it up now, lean back on a draw play at some critical juncture

Reactions: NBHPRU
So it took two seasons for a fan to bring this up? And you are accusing an entire football staff for missing this all this time? Brilliant!

Wimsatt should be playing D3. He’s not good.
D2

I also have not seen this BIG arm that eveyone says he has. I can recall 2 passes where he could not throw the ball 50 yds.

1. at the end of the first half the ball did not reach the end zone, it was less than 50
2. in the second half he underthrew a receiver by 10 yds on a deep pattern, again the ball was less than 50 yds, the received had to completely stop for the ball and break it up from 2 defenders.

On any pass play he is leaning back before the snap. On the run place he is straight up and down. Have to get that corrected as it’s real obvious. The deadline can tee off before the snap.
Just watched the first 4 snaps and this statement is false. Only on the first play was his stance a little different by like 5 degrees.

Even if there is a sight difference in his posture how does that help the D? You can’t see such a small difference on TV and change your Defensive play call on time. If D lines want to try and guess and sell out for a pass rush that will only help our run game.

Just watched first play of second series and he started again with the slightly different stance but it was a run. On the first series it was a pass. I think the OP is having fun here and look at everyone jumping on board. 😂

So it took two seasons for a fan to bring this up? And you are accusing an entire football staff for missing this all this time? Brilliant!
You clearly give this staff too much credit and after the debacle season after season that we have witnessed I'm not sure why you would

Reactions: Section124
We were out yesterday so I haven’t watched yet. How did Wimsatt look running the ball? That’s going to be the determining factor in my opinion. We had a chance to be middle of the road decent last year with Sam Brown healthy and running the ball down teams throats. Gleeson arguably lost his job for not sticking to that script - right or wrong. Then we lost Brown and Young wasn’t 100%. We could not longer expect to have even modest success deploying that strategy.

That’s what made a healthy Noah the best option though early last year. His arm isn’t great but it was somewhat accurate in midrange and he’s somewhat of a threat to run. With Brown - that could’ve been good enough. Can Wimsatt give us that is the question? The problem with Evan is he doesn’t run and wont be the choice with an option style. His arm is more accurate than Wimsatt’s though. But I don’t think he’s good enough to win games for us playing more of a traditional style.

You clearly give this staff too much credit and after the debacle season after season that we have witnessed I'm not sure why you would
Okay so you are just a hater of the complete Rutgers Football staff. Backing up a false claim of him tipping off his plays.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Just watched first play of second series and he started again with the slightly different stance but it was a run. On the first series it was a pass. I think the OP is having fun here and look at everyone jumping on board. 😂
Not surprised with who took the bait. Same ones every time. If I cared enough and had time, I would do a Zapruder analysis of each snap.

We were out yesterday so I haven’t watched yet. How did Wimsatt look running the ball? That’s going to be the determining factor in my opinion. We had a chance to be middle of the road decent last year with Sam Brown healthy and running the ball down teams throats. Gleeson arguably lost his job for not sticking to that script - right or wrong. Then we lost Brown and Young wasn’t 100%. We could not longer expect to have even modest success deploying that strategy.

That’s what made a healthy Noah the best option though early last year. His arm isn’t great but it was somewhat accurate in midrange and he’s somewhat of a threat to run. With Brown - that could’ve been good enough. Can Wimsatt give us that is the question? The problem with Evan is he doesn’t run and wont be the choice with an option style. His arm is more accurate than Wimsatt’s though. But I don’t think he’s good enough to win games for us playing more of a traditional style.
Gavin did not run much, but when he did Eric remarked that he runs like a gazelle.

From the little I saw from him, his mechanics need to improve drastically in actual games.

He might be able to chuck the ball deep in practice but that doesn’t mean much if you can’t do it in a game.

We saw this with DC Jefferson coming in as a QB years ago. Had a cannon arm. Couldn’t do it in football games. Became a tight end.

From the little I saw from him, his mechanics need to improve drastically in actual games.

He might be able to chuck the ball deep in practice but that doesn’t mean much if you can’t do it in a game.

We saw this with DC Jefferson coming in as a QB years ago. Had a cannon arm. Couldn’t do it in football games. Became a tight end.
Be careful about critical comments it may cause Knight Shift undue stress. I’m sure Gavin is his worst critic… most players are. As I stated post game Wimsatt has a chance to be good potentially but those things come with work , study prep and a little luck. The injury last year did not help this player and the team. You win with defense and an above average QB in the B1G .If you want to compete against the best in this conference.Most of these teams have hit the portal last year and some have multiple top QB’s. Do we have at least one?

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT