ADVERTISEMENT

Wimsatt HS Reel vs Shepard

Ignorance is bliss. You are hopelessly naive.

He knew the last 4 game plans with high school plays would fail but his objective was only to shorten the game, not to pull out all the stops and throw haymakers. Not even 1 punt return. They weren’t all covered.

Do you agree that GS plans everything to the nth degree ? So why don’t you believe he’s planning the next two years to time his extension too ? He has a lot to lose if we regress next year with a new QB.
First off why do you think he wants an extension? Not everyone wants to coach into there 70s!
Naive?? No I'm sane. You are so filled with hatred of GS that you are making up a ridiculous scenario that Schiano is throwing games. You are one sick individual to post that crap.

First off why do you think he wants an extension? Not everyone wants to coach into there 70s!
Naive?? No I'm sane. You are so filled with hatred of GS that you are making up a ridiculous scenario that Schiano is throwing games. You are one sick individual to post that crap.
reading his stuff again, I just think he's not articulating himself well.

It can absolutely be argued that Greg is not coaching to win by his style. now he may believe it's the best approach to keep games close and then hope for turnovers or the D to help in the scoring but it's not coaching to outright win. Greg has a timeline, he's said it often so he just wants to show progress. If Shelby is saying that, he's not wrong by Greg's own admission. Greg isn't stupid or maybe he is as with his stubborn approach to Gav, I'm not in his head. From where my feet sit, Greg is hurting the program more than helping and that is undeniable with respect to Gav.

2 more wins and a national story if any other qb

I Don't hate him....the team overachieved this year and I give him credit for that.

The question is, did the Rutgers game plan and play calling give the team the best chance to win after game 8 ? You can't possibly think it did. You can't say with any integrity that the playcalling was designed to outscore those teams. Go ask Fieldhouse Al. That was not the objective. You had as many punt return yards and ran as many go-routes as our team.

And I told you why. The HC and OC were not trying to win. Players, yes. Coaches, no. DIfferent motivations.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Don't hate him....the team overachieved this year and I give him credit for that.

The question is, did the Rutgers game plan and play calling give the team the best chance to win after game 8 ? You can't possibly think it did. You can't say with any integrity that the playcalling was designed to outscore those teams. Go ask Fieldhouse Al. That was not the objective. You had as many punt return yards and ran as many go-routes as our team.

And I told you why. The HC and OC were not trying to win. Players, yes. Coaches, no. DIfferent motivations.
Hahaha. You definitely hate him by accusing him of throwing games! You aren't even a Rutgers fan. Just an F-ing troll

I mean he does run the clock while losing
exactly....bus man doesn't understand what he's watching. no clue.

never surprise up-tempo. never calling two plays in the huddle, never anything to try to extend drives or make chunk plays unless already 3 scores down.

he is absolutely not trying to do anything but minimize losing margin. almost every play, that's not playing to win...

Last edited:
exactly....bus man doesn't understand what he's watching. no clue.

never surprise up-tempo. never calling two plays in the huddle, never anything to try to extend drives or make chunk plays unless already 3 scores down.

he is absolutely not trying to do anything but minimize losing margin. almost every play, that's not playing to win...
Funny you are afraid to quote me because you are fraud a total troll!!

Out of curiosity went back and looked at the senior highlights for Gavin and for Shepard. Shepard came in really highly recruited, and between the little we’ve seen of him (basically the Spring game plus a series or 2 vs Wagner), he passed the eye test to me and others (again little evidence and chance for mistakes etc)

So, what I see in their tapes, is Wimsatt is exactly the same as he is now - running designed runs is great, and can throw deep bombs. But there are basically NO “regular” throws. 50% bombs, 50% QB runs for big gains. To me, this says that he is who he is. And makes it even more baffling why the staff did not run more running plays for him.

Shepard on the other hand, to me is what we all want Wimsatt to be - he slings it all over the field, and is quick to tuck it in and run if no one’s open. He also had some big runs and is fast, but the biggest thing I noticed is his head on a swivel - looks at 2-3 WRs. In HS that’s incredible as usually plays are designed to only have 1 WR option.

Take a look and see for yourself:

Shepard
Out of curiosity went back and looked at the senior highlights for Gavin and for Shepard. Shepard came in really highly recruited, and between the little we’ve seen of him (basically the Spring game plus a series or 2 vs Wagner), he passed the eye test to me and others (again little evidence and chance for mistakes etc)

So, what I see in their tapes, is Wimsatt is exactly the same as he is now - running designed runs is great, and can throw deep bombs. But there are basically NO “regular” throws. 50% bombs, 50% QB runs for big gains. To me, this says that he is who he is. And makes it even more baffling why the staff did not run more running plays for him.

Shepard on the other hand, to me is what we all want Wimsatt to be - he slings it all over the field, and is quick to tuck it in and run if no one’s open. He also had some big runs and is fast, but the biggest thing I noticed is his head on a swivel - looks at 2-3 WRs. In HS that’s incredible as usually plays are designed to only have 1 WR option.

Take a look and see for yourself:

Shepard can play. Said so a long time ago. Don't think Schiano will give the kid a chance. Locked in on Wimsatt. If I were Shepard & I didn't get a legit shot next spring I'd be out of here.

Shepard

Shepard can play. Said so a long time ago. Don't think Schiano will give the kid a chance. Locked in on Wimsatt. If I were Shepard & I didn't get a legit shot next spring I'd be out of here.
agree

I like him better than Surace coming in based on tapes. Shepard can play

Reactions: newell138
Do you agree that GS plans everything to the nth degree ? So why don’t you believe he’s planning the next two years to time his extension too ? He has a lot to lose if we regress next year with a new QB.
It’s impossible to regress next year with a new QB.

Shepard

And this is why Schiano will NEVER be more than a 6-6 type coach every year. He will only play his favorites, and can if the better player is on the bench. He will never make the adjustments to have a better chance to win or even compete, as long as he plays his Schiano ball no matter what.

If Schiano was trying to throw games he was doing a real bad job of it beating #1 in the country at halftime even though we already got to 6 wins. Ohio State must be one of the worst teams in history to have been in 1-score game with us in the 4th quarter when we were trying to lose.

• Haha
Reactions: newell138
If Schiano was trying to throw games he was doing a real bad job of it beating #1 in the country at halftime even though we already got to 6 wins. Ohio State must be one of the worst teams in history to have been in 1-score game with us in the 4th quarter when we were trying to lose.
I have stated in the past here that if Rutgers went into the Iowa or even Maryland games like they did vs OSU or PSU, they would have 7 if not 8 wins. It was like he clocked out after the Ohio State game and stuck to the plan with no adjustments as if his life depended on it.

Reactions: Caliknight
I have stated in the past here that if Rutgers went into the Iowa or even Maryland games like they did vs OSU or PSU, they would have 7 if not 8 wins. It was like he clocked out after the Ohio State game and stuck to the plan with no adjustments as if his life depended on it.
Typical end of season collapse by Schiano coached teams.

Why is it seemingly impossible for Rutgers to field a good, functional QB? We have gone through three HC's and five or six starting QB;'s and we're still watching stuff happen out there that makes it almost impossible to win competitive games. Yes, you likely can't win if you turn it over. But you also can't win if half the passes that are thrown to open WR's, are missed. What's the difference?

I don't see what you lose playing a Sheperd. Seems to have great natural run instincts so you probably gain there, It seems impossible he would be more off target. On many throws, GW looks like he has the yips. Its Steve Sax all over again. These are the equivalent of routine groundouts to second base with the throws being sailed all over the place. How do you bet that improves?

GW is clearly a great young man, doing all the leadership, work ethic, focus stuff, exactly how they want it done. So start him but make it known, one or two yip throws out there, you're going to the bullpen. Might actually help the accuracy.

Schiano doesn't value offense. At least as much as he does defense and special teams. When you don't have a high value on something, it's not going to be good.

Schiano doesn't value offense. At least as much as he does defense and special teams. When you don't have a high value on something, it's not going to be good.
either our posters are ostriches with their heads in the dirt or they lack any measure of objectivity. Greg said and I quote, 'my job is to be the risk manager first'

says it all

either our posters are ostriches with their heads in the dirt or they lack any measure of objectivity. Greg said and I quote, 'my job is to be the risk manager first'

says it all
That's why Rutgers will win against the average, but good ones will have a big advantage over RU because of the way Schiano wants the team to play and the top programs won't have any trouble winning, only look like they are in trouble occasionally then pull the game out and go away the winner.

says it all
This explains the performances in winnable games vs Iowa and Maryland.

says it all
And prioritizes that over trying to win against top teams. It’s stunning, actually. Hence, my point that at this stage of his contract he’s only focused on progress rather than W-L. KC too, speaking of implementing his offense taking 3 years.

These are not ‘win now’ coaches and their playcalling and game management proves it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT