ADVERTISEMENT

With sanders leaving ..roster impsct and development and recruiting

Baker will get 30-32 most games, I'd think - and probably more fairly regularly. He's the one legit scoring threat we have returning from last year. I'd have to imagine Omoruyi gets 25+and Thiam gets 20+, too. Beyond that? I think everything's up for grabs.

I'd love to see your 200 minutes distributed in their entirety, if you are willing to include two new players at the position(s) that you feel Coach Pikiell will fortify, with scholarships that are now available.

Coach Pikiell has to keep as many players involved as he can and that isn't easy during those rare occasions when everyone is healthy.

Last edited:
From Purdue basketball forum on Shaq Carter. I have expectations of maybe 16-24 mpg and 5 pts, 6 rebounds. He was very highly recruited and I have a hard time believing players beat him to court time this year based on skill.

"Ill copy and paste what my frend who is an assistant at eastern flordia said below about him."

Shaq Started for us as a freshman and took us all the way to the national finals. He's got a high Motor, rebounds on offense and defense, finishes strong at the rim. He had 6 double doubles as a freshman with 39 blocked shots and he averaged only 21 minutes a game. The jump he has made this summer has been incredible. He is HM guy and wherever he chooses to go will not only get a stud athlete but a good quality kid.

I'd love to see your 200 minutes distributed in their entirety, if you are willing to include two new players at the position(s) that you feel Coach Pikiell will fortify, with scholarships that are now available.

Coach Pikiell has to keep as many players involved as he can and that isn't easy during those rare occasions when everyone is healthy.

There are a lot of open questions right now, because we have to speculate on how well certain players will perform. There are only 5 players on the team right now that we've seen play in scarlet, and one more who has played at all at the Div-I level (Kiss). We also don't know the types of player that Pike will be able to bring in to fill those three ships.

My hope is that two of those ships go to guards - but it could be a pure point, a pure shooter, a combo guard, a wing, or whatever. For instance, if we get a grad transfer point guard who can handle 25+ min, then Baker would take the other 15 and see another 15 at the 2... which would leave Mathis/Kiss to fill in the other 25 min and spill over into the 3. However, if we got a combo guard, maybe he splits equal time with Baker, or we see Baker take 25+ at the point. If we get more of a 2/3 guy, then Baker would play mostly at the point. Hard to know how minutes will break out with hypothetical players.

I'm expecting Baker to see 28-32 on most nights, with the potential for >35 in some games or <25 for others if he's in foul trouble. I'm expecting Omoruyi to see 24-28 min a game, sometimes more or less depending. I'd expect Thiam to see 20-24.

After that? Lots of expectation that Mathis will come in and be the "next Geo" and be an immediate contributor at guard as a freshman... but that remains to be seen. If he can do that, we may see him at 25+ min. Also no idea if we're going to get 5 min or 15+ min out of Harper as a freshman. There's also a lot of expectation out of Kiss, but I believe he was playing 1/2 at Quinnipiac and will be asked to shift more into the 2/3 - and he was a streaky/so-so shooter from range. So, don't know how many minutes he'll end up with... when Sanders/Strickland were in the mix, I really thought he'd be the odd man out and see reduced minutes. Now? It depends on who comes in.

The bigs are also a crapshoot. Doorson gave 12 min last year, and hopefully can improve as a 5th year - 7-footers often come into their own late in their college careers, and hopefully he does too after a fully healthy year plus. Doucoure needed work, but if he progresses the same way Omoruyi did, he'll demand minutes. Carter is supposed to be a top Juco big.... but who knows what he can bring, and how much time he'll demand. And we hear good things about Johnson, but have never seen him play.

When we hear a new commit or two, I'll be more willing to speculate on a breakdown by position - right now, it'd be trying to estimate for nonexistent players without any definable skills/traits.

From Purdue basketball forum on Shaq Carter. I have expectations of maybe 16-24 mpg and 5 pts, 6 rebounds. He was very highly recruited and I have a hard time believing players beat him to court time this year based on skill.

"Ill copy and paste what my frend who is an assistant at eastern flordia said below about him."

Shaq Started for us as a freshman and took us all the way to the national finals. He's got a high Motor, rebounds on offense and defense, finishes strong at the rim. He had 6 double doubles as a freshman with 39 blocked shots and he averaged only 21 minutes a game. The jump he has made this summer has been incredible. He is HM guy and wherever he chooses to go will not only get a stud athlete but a good quality kid.

Hopefully, Shaq Carter plays well enough this year to take minutes away from Omoruyi, Doucoure and to some degree maybe even Myles Johnson and Shaq Doorson down low. I don't believe that Shaq Carter shoots very well out on the perimeter.

There are a lot of open questions right now, because we have to speculate on how well certain players will perform. There are only 5 players on the team right now that we've seen play in scarlet, and one more who has played at all at the Div-I level (Kiss). We also don't know the types of player that Pike will be able to bring in to fill those three ships.

My hope is that two of those ships go to guards - but it could be a pure point, a pure shooter, a combo guard, a wing, or whatever. For instance, if we get a grad transfer point guard who can handle 25+ min, then Baker would take the other 15 and see another 15 at the 2... which would leave Mathis/Kiss to fill in the other 25 min and spill over into the 3. However, if we got a combo guard, maybe he splits equal time with Baker, or we see Baker take 25+ at the point. If we get more of a 2/3 guy, then Baker would play mostly at the point. Hard to know how minutes will break out with hypothetical players.

I'm expecting Baker to see 28-32 on most nights, with the potential for >35 in some games or <25 for others if he's in foul trouble. I'm expecting Omoruyi to see 24-28 min a game, sometimes more or less depending. I'd expect Thiam to see 20-24.

After that? Lots of expectation that Mathis will come in and be the "next Geo" and be an immediate contributor at guard as a freshman... but that remains to be seen. If he can do that, we may see him at 25+ min. Also no idea if we're going to get 5 min or 15+ min out of Harper as a freshman. There's also a lot of expectation out of Kiss, but I believe he was playing 1/2 at Quinnipiac and will be asked to shift more into the 2/3 - and he was a streaky/so-so shooter from range. So, don't know how many minutes he'll end up with... when Sanders/Strickland were in the mix, I really thought he'd be the odd man out and see reduced minutes. Now? It depends on who comes in.

The bigs are also a crapshoot. Doorson gave 12 min last year, and hopefully can improve as a 5th year - 7-footers often come into their own late in their college careers, and hopefully he does too after a fully healthy year plus. Doucoure needed work, but if he progresses the same way Omoruyi did, he'll demand minutes. Carter is supposed to be a top Juco big.... but who knows what he can bring, and how much time he'll demand. And we hear good things about Johnson, but have never seen him play.

When we hear a new commit or two, I'll be more willing to speculate on a breakdown by position - right now, it'd be trying to estimate for nonexistent players without any definable skills/traits.

I understand. My speculation was based on Coach Pikiell being able to get a couple badly needed ball handlers that can also shoot from the perimeter and defend. But, those players aren't easy to find on short notice. I just think that adding two PG's would help Rutgers win more games next year. But, if Coach Pikiell has a choice between (1 great PG and 1 great player at another position) versus (1 great PG and 1 average PG), he may opt for the former rather than the latter. Time will tell.

Man... I really wanted Sanders & Strickland...

Ideally, you want so many great players that no individual player has to play more than 30 minutes for you to win.

Rutgers really relied on Corey Sanders for a lot of minutes last year at PG. That is not the norm.

Jake Dadika and Souf Mensah also gave Rutgers more ball handlers to practice with last year.

Replacements need to be found for all 3.

Last edited:
Ideally, you want so many great players that no individual player has to play more than 30 minutes for you to win.

Rutgers really relied on Corey Sanders for a lot of minutes last year at PG. That is not the norm.

It seems to be fairly normal for a team to have one "go to" player who gets 30+ min. Half of B1G teams last year had a player average 33+ min. PA St and Maryland each had 2. The only team not to have a 30+ min player was Illinois.

B1G teams by # of 30+ min players:
4 - PA St, Wisconsin, Northwestern
3 - Minnesota
2 - Purdue, OSU, Maryland, Nebraska, Rutgers
1 - MSU, Michigan, Indiana, Iowa
0 - Illinois

I think Baker will be that player for us this year.

Baker came in with a skill set that would help right away. It was easy to identify before hand.

It seems to be fairly normal for a team to have one "go to" player who gets 30+ min. Half of B1G teams last year had a player average 33+ min. PA St and Maryland each had 2. The only team not to have a 30+ min player was Illinois.

B1G teams by # of 30+ min players:
4 - PA St, Wisconsin, Northwestern
3 - Minnesota
2 - Purdue, OSU, Maryland, Nebraska, Rutgers
1 - MSU, Michigan, Indiana, Iowa
0 - Illinois

I think Baker will be that player for us this year.

Corey Sanders played 33 minutes per game last year at PG for Rutgers. That is a lot of minutes for a PG and that wasn't planned for. If another PG was available to Coach Pikiell last year, that wouldn't hurt Rutgers chances of winning by being on the court, I'm sure that Corey would have played less minutes.

The minutes distribution outlined below gets Geo Baker about 30 minutes per game on average if he is healthy.

That 30 minutes isn't planned for, but, it becomes a reality when other players can't play. Injuries and illness are inevitable.

Minutes per game numerics that you are referring to get inflated over the course of a full schedule that includes X number of (5 players x 40 minute) = 200 minute games, because, when a player doesn't play in a game it doesn't affect his minutes per game average at all even though from a minutes distribution perspective for that game that player played ZERO minutes.

When all players at the 5 positions are healthy:
PG = New PG #1 24, Baker 12, New PG #2 4
SG = Baker 12, Mathis 24, Kiss 4
SF = Thiam 20+, Kiss 14+, Harper (6 or RS)
PF = Omoruyi 20, Doucoure 6, Carter 14
C = Johnson 20, Doucoure, 8, Doorson 12

The best way to understand this is to actually go thru and hypothetically create your own speculated minutes distribution for all 200 Rutgers minutes and see how it shakes out.

You will see how the planned minutes numbers will go down if all the players are assumed to be healthy every game as you try to get adequate playing time for all of the key players.

Last edited:
I've made the adjustments below.....I am assuming on SF added and one CG (not a PG)...dependent on who is landed, this would adjust accordingly on lineups/matchups on the court (specifically the CG and how many of the 18 minutes are currently open.

PG = Baker 22, CG #1, 18
SG = Mathis 28, Kiss/Baker, 6 each
SF = Thiam 18, Kiss 12, Harper 10
PF = Omoruyi 26, Carter 12, Johnson 2
C = Carter 12, Doucoure 16, Doorson/Johnson, 12

Corey Sanders played 33 minutes per game last year at PG for Rutgers. That is a lot of minutes for a PG and that wasn't planned for. If another PG was available to Coach Pikiell last year, that wouldn't hurt Rutgers chances of winning by being on the court, I'm sure that Corey would have played less minutes.

The minutes distribution outlined below gets Geo Baker about 30 minutes per game on average if he is healthy.

That 30 minutes isn't planned for, but, it becomes a reality when other players can't play. Injuries and illness are inevitable.

Minutes per game numerics that you are referring to get inflated over the course of a full schedule that includes X number of (5 players x 40 minute) = 200 minute games, because, when a player doesn't play in a game it doesn't affect his minutes per game average at all even though from a minutes distribution perspective for that game that player played ZERO minutes.

PG = New PG #1 24, Baker 12, New PG #2 4
SG = Baker 12, Mathis 24, Kiss 4
SF = Thiam 20+, Kiss 14+, Harper (6 or RS)
PF = Omoruyi 20, Doucoure 6, Carter 14
C = Johnson 20, Doucoure, 8, Doorson 12

The best way to understand this is to actually go thru and hypothetically create your own speculated minutes distribution for all 200 Rutgers minutes and see how it shakes out.

You will see how the planned minutes numbers will go down if all the players are assumed to be healthy every game as you try to get adequate playing time for all of the key players.

If we had one more guard this year, I think Sanders probably would have averaged 30 min and Baker 28 or so.

I disagree about the inflated minutes point you made, though, at least for those core group of players who play nearly every game. If they are on the court, they are averaging that amount of minutes - the fact that they played zero minutes in the one or two games they missed isn't statistically significant to them (Sanders played in every game and Baker missed just one). The inflation happens for guys like Bullock who only play in 9 of 34 games.

When a player is out, though, *other* players do get more minutes than they would otherwise. Take Williams for example. When he wasn't available, it forced other players to play more minutes, because they had to account for Williams' minutes not being there.

BUT, when I looked at the actual numbers, Sanders actually averaged more minutes (33.4) when Williams was *on* the court than when he wasn't (32.3). Baker saw more time with Williams out (33.1 vs. 31.1), as did Thiam (30.1 vs. 28.6)... but the beneficiaries of those minutes were mostly Mensah/Bullock/Dadika, who combined to average 22.4 minutes per game in the games Williams missed. So Williams' absence wasn't really impactful to Sanders/Baker.

It's not out of the ordinary for the best player on a team to play 30+ minutes in our league when they step out on the court. I'd expect Baker to hit about that this year - and certainly in games where he's not limited by foul trouble.

Not sure how you feel your distribution gets Baker 30 min when you've only accounted for 24 for him. Your overall distribution is:
24 Baker
24 Mathis
24 New PG 1
20 Thiam
20 Omoruyi
20 Johnson
18 Kiss
14 Carter
14 Doucoure
12 Doorson
6 Harper
4 New PG 2

First off, you are assuming that Mathis' play will warrant an equal amount of court time as Baker... which I think is asking a lot. Second, you're assuming that a PG that has not yet been named will warrant an equal amount of court time as Baker and Mathis... which I don't understand, as we have no idea who this person is yet.

Last edited:
I have never seen Mathis play. I have always believed players are fictional characters until I see them play in November. Having said that....

It isn’t a stretch to think Mathis plays as many minutes as Baker. I like Baker a lot!!! I just think people may be expecting a bit much from him off the heels of his last game.

Okay, weird that we're in the middle of a migration, but it doesn't seem like any of these old threads came over to the other side... so, final response on this topic, I guess.

I agree that Mathis is fictional until we see him on the court in November.

As far as Baker, though, he's our top returning scorer coming off a freshman campaign where he handled himself well for 31.6 mpg - so, until shown otherwise, I'm assuming he's going to be the "go to" guy and will be relied upon for 30 min. Also have to assume that he'll work on improving his game over the offseason. After him is Omoruyi as #2.

Hopefully the new guys can show out early... but those are our best two returning players, and I'd expect them to be leaned on.

Still pondering how Mathis will make the D1 transition. With what the team has right now, you would really think staff is going all out for a good ball handler. If that happens, I don’t see Mathis being heavily relied upon for 25mpg his first year. Maybe more like 16-20.

Last edited:
Reactions: zebnatto
Hopefully, Shaq Carter plays well enough this year to take minutes away from Omoruyi, Doucoure and to some degree maybe even Myles Johnson and Shaq Doorson down low. I don't believe that Shaq Carter shoots very well out on the perimeter.
I don’t want minutes taken away from Eugene.

Very important skill of Kisses game is that he can grab a board and run the transition by himself.

Just pondering the program and how important a real pg will befor next year. If Bandoocomes here, I could still see some problems with turnovers. I expect undecided pg to play 26 mpg, Baker 32mpg, mathis 10-14mpg, Kiss 24, Thiam 20mpg, Omoyuri 24mpg, Harper 14mpg, Carter 22mpg, Myles Johnson/Doorson/Doucoure split 18. Everyone is throwing numbers so I wanted to join the party. Happy easter if you celebrate!

Just pondering the program and how important a real pg will befor next year. If Bandoocomes here, I could still see some problems with turnovers. I expect undecided pg to play 26 mpg, Baker 32mpg, mathis 10-14mpg, Kiss 24, Thiam 20mpg, Omoyuri 24mpg, Harper 14mpg, Carter 22mpg, Myles Johnson/Doorson/Doucoure split 18. Everyone is throwing numbers so I wanted to join the party. Happy easter if you celebrate!
Doucoure played 13 minutes per games this year. I don’t see that going down next year.

If we had one more guard this year, I think Sanders probably would have averaged 30 min and Baker 28 or so.

I disagree about the inflated minutes point you made, though, at least for those core group of players who play nearly every game. If they are on the court, they are averaging that amount of minutes - the fact that they played zero minutes in the one or two games they missed isn't statistically significant to them (Sanders played in every game and Baker missed just one). The inflation happens for guys like Bullock who only play in 9 of 34 games.

When a player is out, though, *other* players do get more minutes than they would otherwise. Take Williams for example. When he wasn't available, it forced other players to play more minutes, because they had to account for Williams' minutes not being there.

BUT, when I looked at the actual numbers, Sanders actually averaged more minutes (33.4) when Williams was *on* the court than when he wasn't (32.3). Baker saw more time with Williams out (33.1 vs. 31.1), as did Thiam (30.1 vs. 28.6)... but the beneficiaries of those minutes were mostly Mensah/Bullock/Dadika, who combined to average 22.4 minutes per game in the games Williams missed. So Williams' absence wasn't really impactful to Sanders/Baker.

It's not out of the ordinary for the best player on a team to play 30+ minutes in our league when they step out on the court. I'd expect Baker to hit about that this year - and certainly in games where he's not limited by foul trouble.

Not sure how you feel your distribution gets Baker 30 min when you've only accounted for 24 for him. Your overall distribution is:
24 Baker
24 Mathis
24 New PG 1
20 Thiam
20 Omoruyi
20 Johnson
18 Kiss
14 Carter
14 Doucoure
12 Doorson
6 Harper
4 New PG 2

First off, you are assuming that Mathis' play will warrant an equal amount of court time as Baker... which I think is asking a lot. Second, you're assuming that a PG that has not yet been named will warrant an equal amount of court time as Baker and Mathis... which I don't understand, as we have no idea who this person is yet.

Since you are not sure how my distribution of minutes gets Baker an average of about 30 minutes per game if he stays healthy all year, let me give you an example.

The plan to get Baker 24 minutes a game gives him 24 minutes x 34 games = 816 minutes for the season, if all goes as planned and ALL of the Guards are healthy for EVERY game, which of course never happens.

I've coached Basketball for many years so trust me I know this quite well - lol.

Here is my simple example just to be clear:

The plan is to get New PG #1 24 minutes a game. But, if New PG #1 can't play in 10 games and Baker is given 10 of those 24 minutes x 10 games = 100 minutes that New PG #1 can't play Baker now has 816 minutes + 100 minutes which equals 916 minutes.

The plan is also to get Mathis 24 minutes a game. But, if Mathis can't play in 11 other games and Baker is given 10 of those 24 minutes x 11 games = 110 minutes that Mathis can't play Baker now has 916 minutes + 110 minutes which equals 1026 minutes for an average of more than 30 minutes per game.

Since Baker can play PG or SG, his minutes can increase on my minutes distribution plan whenever New PG #1, New PG #2, Mathis or Kiss can't play. If Baker remains healthy all year, he may still end up playing 30 minutes per game using my proposed minutes distribution plan, but, only the initial 24 minutes is planned for as a base.

Like I said, Coach Pikiell has to keep all of his key players involved as much as he can for the benefit of the entire team as a whole.

Last edited:
I don’t want minutes taken away from Eugene.

If Eugene is healthy and in good standing and minutes are taken away from Eugene, it will be because Rutgers has another player that is even better.

Wouldn't you like that if that is the case ?

Last edited:

24 Baker
24 Mathis
24 New PG 1
20 Thiam
20 Omoruyi
20 Johnson
18 Kiss
14 Carter
14 Doucoure
12 Doorson
6 Harper
4 New PG 2

Mike Williams and Corey Sanders perform completely different roles. Corey Sanders is a ball handling Point Guard. Mike Williams is not.

We don't know who New PG #1 is yet, but, I have faith that Coach Pikiell can find him and get him. Coach Pikiell can recruit and he knows what his team needs. He came close to getting Mac McClung and also Tai Strickland and they are both excellent Point Guards.

Last edited:
If Eugene is healthy and in good standing and minutes are taken away from Eugene, it will be because Rutgers has another player that is even better.

Wouldn't you like that if that is the case ?
If that is the case yes but put a name to who that is.

I've made the adjustments below.....I am assuming on SF added and one CG (not a PG)...dependent on who is landed, this would adjust accordingly on lineups/matchups on the court (specifically the CG and how many of the 18 minutes are currently open.

PG = Baker 22, CG #1, 18
SG = Mathis 28, Kiss/Baker, 6 each
SF = Thiam 18, Kiss 12, Harper 10
PF = Omoruyi 26, Carter 12, Johnson 2
C = Carter 12, Doucoure 16, Doorson/Johnson, 12

Looks like we are both high on Montez Mathis.
I hope that Shaq Carter plays well enough to deserve 24 planned minutes, but, I don't see it unless one of the five bigs goes down with an injury.

What is the purpose of a Combo Guard that will only get planned minutes at Point Guard ?

Good PG's can usually play the 2 when needed. But, many 2's are not effective as PG's, because, they don't handle the ball well enough. A Combo Guard is a player that you plan on using at both Guard spots. Your minutes distribution plan does not reflect any planned minutes for your CG at the 2.

The 2 is already one of Rutgers deepest and strongest positions thanks to Baker, Mathis, Kiss and if necessary Thiam and Harper.

Finally, do you think that Coach Pikiell is only going to bring in one additional player for this season ? Will your proposed SF/3 redshirt this year ?

Looks like we are both high on Montez Mathis.
I hope that Shaq Carter plays well enough to deserve 24 planned minutes, but, I don't see it unless one of the five bigs goes down with an injury.

What is the purpose of a Combo Guard that will only get planned minutes at Point Guard ?

Good PG's can usually play the 2 when needed. But, many 2's are not effective as PG's, because, they don't handle the ball well enough. A Combo Guard is a player that you plan on using at both Guard spots. Your minutes distribution plan does not reflect any planned minutes for your CG at the 2.

The 2 is already one of Rutgers deepest and strongest positions thanks to Baker, Mathis, Kiss and if necessary Thiam and Harper.

Finally, do you think that Coach Pikiell is only going to bring in one additional player for this season ? Will your proposed SF/3 redshirt this year ?
I believe he’ll bring a min of 2. For the 3rd I doubt he makes the Souf mistake again and leaves it open if no one worthy is available.

Reactions: PSUPOWER

Do you feel that Coach Pikiell is only going to bring in one player to help this year ?

I see a New PG #1 slated for 26 minutes on your minutes distribution chart, but, no other new player.

Happy Easter to you too.

If that is the case yes but put a name to who that is.

I did. My chart lists the name of every key player except the players that are still in the process of being recruited. I believe that Shaq Carter will help at the 4 this year.

He is taking Freeman’s minutes not Eugene’s.

Freeman is gone. No one will be taking minutes from him anymore. This will be a new team this year. Coach Pikiell is going to try and improve Rutgers outside shooting. None of Rutgers five key bigs shoot well from beyond the arc. I don't think you will see three of those five bigs (Omoruyi, Doucoure, Johnson, Carter & Doorson) on the court together very often.

Have you listed your proposed minutes distribution chart ?
I'm only asking to try and understand how you feel these players will be used.

Last edited:
Freeman is gone. No one will be taking minutes from him anymore. This will be a new team this year. Coach Pikiell is going to try and improve Rutgers outside shooting. None of Rutgers five bigs shoot well from beyond the arc. I don't think you will see three of those five bigs on the court together very often.

Have you listed your proposed minutes distribution chart ?
I'm only asking to try and understand how you feel these players will be used.
Hard to say how they will be used until we see what happens with open scholarships. Baker and Eugene are players I don’t see their minutes declining.

Baker s FG% has to improve.

Sanders defensive rebounding will really be missed and I am not sure if Baker can make up even half of what we lose here

Baker's FG% should improve this season, if he has help handling the ball and his minutes aren't overextended, because he has more experience. But, it is doubtful that he will ever double the number of rebounds he got last season, regardless of how many minutes he plays. Corey Sanders was a better athlete with more hops at the 1.

Last edited:
Hard to say how they will be used until we see what happens with open scholarships. Baker and Eugene are players I don’t see their minutes declining.

If they stay healthy and in good standing, I don't see their minutes declining much either. But, if they stay healthy, in good standing and their minutes decline then that is a good sign for Rutgers Basketball. It would mean that more healthy talent is available on the roster and playing.

I'm hoping that Montez Mathis & Myles Johnson will surprise you.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
I really think Mathis will get more than 10-14 minutes per game. I know Pikiell thinks he will be a very good player for us. I think he will get 18-22 mpg.

I'm hoping that Montez Mathis & Myles Johnson will surprise you.

I am in no way doubting the two players. I have been high on both since they stated they were coming here and are here.

What I will say is this when making the transition from HS to D1, one has to ask, is what the player bringing not already on team, and who is in front of them?

It is a guard heavy rotation. I would expect the staff brings in a primary PG to play 25-32 minutes. After that, there is not a ton of guard space on the team. Kiss and Thiam will man the wing position, and Baker will play 27-30 mpg at the PG/SG position with emphasis on SG.

I would not want Baker as pg when he is looked to be the person to build around next year, and the main player. If he was asked to do both, our offense might stiffle and become too sticky.

Carter did not have offers from major schools for nothing.

If Johnson adds a 3pt shot, or our other 3 pt shooters start hitting at a high rate, his passing will be needed.

What is needed right now for next year though, and where does it put these two players? The team needs rebounding and 3 pt shooting.

I am in no way doubting the two players. I have been high on both since they stated they were coming here and are here.

What I will say is this when making the transition from HS to D1, one has to ask, is what the player bringing not already on team, and who is in front of them?

It is a guard heavy rotation. I would expect the staff brings in a primary PG to play 25-32 minutes. After that, there is not a ton of guard space on the team. Kiss and Thiam will man the wing position, and Baker will play 27-30 mpg at the PG/SG position with emphasis on SG.

I would not want Baker as pg when he is looked to be the person to build around next year, and the main player. If he was asked to do both, our offense might stiffle and become too sticky.

Carter did not have offers from major schools for nothing.

If Johnson adds a 3pt shot, or our other 3 pt shooters start hitting at a high rate, his passing will be needed.

What is needed right now for next year though, and where does it put these two players? The team needs rebounding and 3 pt shooting.

Healthy Shaq Carter this past year at Eastern Florida State Junior College:

21.8 minutes per game
6.2 rebounds per game
9.2 points per game

Now, he will be in the B1G.

A lot of people like his defensive skills, his motor, work ethic and his potential.

Call me crazy, but I am glad Sanders is gone. Yes, he had an incredible B1G tournament, but he is and will always be a streetball player. That said, I do genuinely wish him the best if he makes it to the NBA, which actually is a better fit than college basketball for his style of play.

Call me crazy, but I am glad Sanders is gone. Yes, he had an incredible B1G tournament, but he is and will always be a streetball player. That said, I do genuinely wish him the best if he makes it to the NBA, which actually is a better fit than college basketball for his style of play.

:scream:

Reactions: PSUPOWER
Healthy Shaq Carter this past year at Eastern Florida State Junior College:

21.8 minutes per game
6.2 rebounds per game
9.2 points per game

Now, he will be in the B1G.

A lot of people like his defensive skills, his motor, work ethic and his potential.

PSU, I believe the coach was trying to get more showcasing time for another player that has still not received a scholarship, hence the playing time difference.

I recall Carter had offers from Arizona State, Xavier, Purdue, etc. I trust all of the eyes of their coaches Carters potential.

PSU, I believe the coach was trying to get more showcasing time for another player that has still not received a scholarship, hence the playing time difference.

I recall Carter had offers from Arizona State, Xavier, Purdue, etc. I trust all of the eyes of their coaches Carters potential.

If Shaq Carter is able to play the 4 as well as Eugene I'll be happy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT