ADVERTISEMENT

WNBA 2020 Begins 7/25/20, Season results thread.

Big congrats to Seattle Storm for winning it all. Also to all the teams, coaches, and staffs for living in a damn bubble for the whole season. Breanna Stewart, well deserved MVP. Side note, love to see Bill Laimbeer lose. No BB now until/if NCAA starts.

Last edited:
Reactions: MADHAT1
Also, big congrats to RUtgers Epiphanny Prince on getting her WNBA ring even though she did not play too much.

Reactions: MADHAT1
It was a very enjoyable game, so far as it went. I would have preferred Las Vegas, as I have never been a Storm fan. Still, Sue Bird and Breanna Stewart are absolutely remarkable.

Now, for all you folks in NJ - I hope the Liberty improve next year. I am also curious about our Mercury - is there a coaching change in the offing?? I like her and she is obviously respected (Australia National Team HC) but the Mercury just don't get over the hump lately.

Can't root for Vegas. Don't care for(to put to put it mildly, Laimbeer as coach), all the years of Taurasi's antics, and Griner's history. Also, Griner's leaving the bubble. I may have missed it but was it ever found out why she left?
As far as Sandy Brondello is concerned, don't know much about her. Always thought Taurasi was kind of running the show, as well as Penny Taylor when she as around.
Liberty coach Walt Hopkins inherited a mess of a team in his 1st year. New GM Tsai I know not much about. They will be playing at Barclay's Center in Brooklyn(if possible) next year. Also, with West Coast/ Oregon phenom Sabrina Ionescu, the #1 pick getting injured, and out for season after 2 games did not help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT