ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling - Wilkes Open 12.22.2017

obrats

Senior
Mar 28, 2013
Wilkes Open is Friday 12/22/2017 and below are the Scarlet Knights currently registered for the tournament. Keep in mind just because they are registered doesn't mean we will see all of them there (at least this has been the pattern in the past).

125 NICK DENORA
125 LUKE ECKLOF
125 ALEX MACKALL
133 KYLE DINAPOLI
133 ZACH FIRESTONE
133 SHANE METZLER
141 ROBERT CLEARY
141 PETER LIPARI
174 WILLIE SCOTT
197 ANTHONY MESSNER
285 MATT CORRENTI
285 ALEXANDER ESPOSITO
285 DYLAN D'AMORE

Last edited:
Reactions: Tango Two
Did a quick look at the brackets and looks like 10 of our wrestlers make it to the tournament.

125 NICK DENORA

133 KYLE DINAPOLI
133 ZACH FIRESTONE
133 SHANE METZLER

149 ROBERT CLEARY

174 WILLIE SCOTT

197 ANTHONY MESSNER

285 MATT CORRENTI
285 DYLAN D'AMORE
285 ALEX ESPOSITO

Last edited:
Reactions: Abro1975
Did a quick look at the brackets and looks like 9 of our wrestlers make it to the tournament.

125 NICK DENORA

133 KYLE DINAPOLI
133 ZACH FIRESTONE
133 SHANE METZLER

149 ROBERT CLEARY

174 WILLIE SCOTT

197 ANTHONY MESSNER

285 MATT CORRENTI
285 DYLAN D'AMORE

Thanks ! Was just wondering about the tournament. The RU Wrestling twitter page doesn't mention it.

Looks like so far Dinapoli and Firestone won 2 matches, Correnti won by fall, and a DeNora and Metzler lost. No one else has wrestled yet.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Hoping Correnti wins at Heavy. Any idea which teams are in the tourney?
Won't have an easy road to winning. If all goes well he should meet Brett Dempsey in the Semi Finals and if he should win there (I don't think he will), he should have either Jere Heino or Christian Colucci in the finals. Should finish top four today.

Quarter Finalist (Chance of winning next match)

DiNapoli (Low chance of winning)
Firestone (Low chance of winning)
Cleary (Low chance of winning)
Scott (Should win)
Messner (Toss up)
Correnti (Should win)

Last edited:
Won't have an easy road to winning. If all goes well he should meet Brett Dempsey in the Semi Finals and if he should win there (I don't think he will), he should have either Jere Heino or Christian Colucci in the finals. Should finish top four today.
Never heard of these guys... any notable wins from them or y u think they r fav over correntti?

Quarter Finalist (Chance of winning next match)

DiNapoli (Low chance of winning)
Firestone (Low chance of winning)
Cleary (Low chance of winning)
Scott (Should win)
Messner (Toss up)
Correnti (Should win)
And that’s why they wrestle the matches, Firestone with the 3-2 win DiNapoli falls 6-0.

Never heard of these guys... any notable wins from them or y u think they r fav over correntti?
I should be more clear, if Correnti gets past Dempsey he can win against Heino or Coluccio. But all 4 these guys are real good. I think Dempsey is the best of the 4.

Semi finals matchups:

133- RU's Zack Firestone vs #10 in nation Josh Terao of American U. Very tough matchup for Firestone.

174- RU's Willie Scott vs Kevin Murphy, Bloomsburg
Wrestlestat has Scott as a small favorite.

197- RU's Anthony Messner vs Lehigh's Kyle Gentile
Gentile a small favorite according to Wrestlestat.

285- RU's Matt Correnti vs American's Brett Dempsey.
Wrestlestat has Correnti pretty much a toss up, maybe a tiny favorite
https://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/wrestler/12443/dempsey-brett/44705/correnti-matt

Last edited:
Correnti is wrestling Brett Dempsey

Right you are ! I edited in the change. Wrestlestat still has Correnti a tiny favorite over Dempsey.
Semi finals matchups:

133- RU's Zack Firestone vs #10 in nation Josh Terao of American U. Very tough matchup for Firestone.

174- RU's Willie Scott vs Kevin Murphy, Bloomsburg
Wrestlestat has Scott as a small favorite.

197- RU's Anthony Messner vs Lehigh's Kyle Gentile
Gentile a small favorite according to Wrestlestat.

285- RU's Matt Correnti vs American's Brett Dempsey.
Wrestlestat has Correnti pretty much a toss up, maybe a tiny favorite
https://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/wrestler/12443/dempsey-brett/44705/correnti-matt

Reactions: 61RayStreet
133 - Firestone drops a 10-4 decision to Josh Terao.

174 - Scott drops a 3-2 decision to Kyle Murphy.

197 - Messner drops a 8-0 major decision to Kyle Gentile.

285 - Correnti captures a 4-0 decision over Brett Dempsey.

Finals:

285 - Correnti vs Christian Colucci

Nevermind, going back to December 11 Flo rankings, Dempsey is ranked 20th. A bit of embellishment, in my opinion.

Thought so. Firestone lost to Terreo who was an AA last year at 125.
Firestone scored the first takedown, Terao had a reversal and two back points and then Firestone had a reversal to have the score at 4-4 after 1. Final was 10-4 as previously indicated, but wild first period, or it sounded that way.

Anyone know why Correnti Medical FF in the finals? Had a great semi-final win, hope it was just a minor injury.

Hoping (don’t know this) he is also going to Midlands and just wanted less stress on his body. That is me drinking the RU Wrestling Kool-Aid.

Hoping (don’t know this) he is also going to Midlands and just wanted less stress on his body. That is me drinking the RU Wrestling Kool-Aid.
Any word on which wrestlers Goodale is bringing to Midlands? Obviously the starters, but is he bringing Pagano as well?

You can bring 15 so I would almost gurantee you Pagano will be there.

I would think of Firestone, Correnti (if healthy), Scott, maybe Mackall and Messner, you will get 3 or 4 of them going Just guessing .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT