ADVERTISEMENT

You know we've arrived when...

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
...I'm in a divy bar and grill for dinner in Vero Beach, FL with my family and my dad and some random older guy (it's Florida) at the bar waves me over and when I walk up to him he points to my "Rutgers Basketball" t-shirt and starts gushing about what a great team we're building. He saw the PSU game and the Wisconsin and SHU games on TV and knew we were almost ranked.

We chatted for a few and he's just a rabid college hoops fan (who roots for UF) who knows his history pretty well - he knew we hadn't been to the Dance for almost 30 years, but also made a comment about our Final Four team and said it was nice to see Rutgers doing so well. I'll admit it was pretty cool to hear.

Fred Grunniger is still alive? :Wink:
Was in local Shop Rite and a employee who played D-1 BB sees me with my RU hoodie... “ hey Rutgers you guys are doing good. Now we have to keep our kids here in state. Need Star Ledger to give more positive press and Schiano is going to get them back.” People are getting it...

I was in the Freehold Shop Rite in my Rutgers winter coat, and the guy working in dairy yells to me, " Wear that Rutgers gear Proudly". He said he's been the basketball season ticket holder for over 30 years, and has grand kids in the Engineering program right now. We talked for a good 20 minutes.

...I'm in a divy bar and grill for dinner in Vero Beach, FL with my family and my dad and some random older guy (it's Florida) at the bar waves me over and when I walk up to him he points to my "Rutgers Basketball" t-shirt and starts gushing about what a great team we're building. He saw the PSU game and the Wisconsin and SHU games on TV and knew we were almost ranked.

We chatted for a few and he's just a rabid college hoops fan (who roots for UF) who knows his history pretty well - he knew we hadn't been to the Dance for almost 30 years, but also made a comment about our Final Four team and said it was nice to see Rutgers doing so well. I'll admit it was pretty cool to hear.
RU #s. Are you in. Vero now ? Just arrived in vero ...my job maybe relocating down here in June and would be interested in finding out more about the area if you are a regular

RU #s. Are you in. Vero now ? Just arrived in vero ...my job maybe relocating down here in June and would be interested in finding out more about the area if you are a regular
Yes we are in Vero through Monday. My dad has lived here since 1996 in the Timber Ridge condos - he has a 2 bedroom place just off Oslo, on the mainland, a mile or so from the beaches (he's a tennis guy not a beach guy and the tennis club is right there). My sister moved here 3 years ago and bought a 3 bedroom house on 1st St near 58th Ave - it's a couple of miles from the beach (cheaper inland), but they go to the beach a lot (easy drive). My knowledge of the area is mostly on restaurants and attractions and hotels, as a tourist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT