ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan/Indiana BTT Game Implications for RU are a Win Win

gordel1

Junior
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2006
Rutgers is very fortunate that these 2 teams are playing one another. Here is why:

Michigan currently has a NET of 31. They beat Indiana on a neutral floor and they will likely go up a couple spots which gives RU yet another Q1 win.

By all accounts, Michigan is a couple teams ahead of RU in the overall seed pecking order. They lose to Indiana and they will surely fall below RU.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU23
I hope Michigan loses - both they and IU would likely be behind us in the pecking order if that happens, and you can’t have 3 B1G teams in Dayton.

With that said, I definitely expect Michigan to win. They’re just much more talented.

Michigan is peaking while Indiana is slumping big time. Yet somehow, I would not at all be surprised if Indiana wins that game. It’s also in Indianapolis. Plus Moe Howard back on the sidelines might help Indiana.

I pretty much agree with your logic. But overall, I think its better if Michigan wins. It gives us another Q1 win and pretty much guarantees we're ahead of Indiana on the pecking order. It's possible both would be ahead of us if Indiana won.

I know people are concerned about the possibility of another Q3 loss, but I'll be rooting hard for the Northwestern/Nebraska winner to beat Iowa. All 3 teams have been playing well of late so I'd rather get someone playing their 3rd game in 3 days.

I hope Michigan loses - both they and IU would likely be behind us in the pecking order if that happens, and you can’t have 3 B1G teams in Dayton.

With that said, I definitely expect Michigan to win. They’re just much more talented.

Yes but Martelli isn't coaching now, its Howard...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT