ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Good article on Hurley rise

RUsojo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2010

Somehow I’ve watched next to no big ten conference tournament games but been following the big east tournament closely. Compelling storylines and great bball.

Took a little longer than it should’ve but he is starting to get publicly recognized as the best coach in college basketball.

Last edited:
Ehhh, yesterday’s basketball wasn’t so great, both teams looked tired and were short on everything.

UConn needs Hurley to coach it's football team
But all kidding aside, he's a good HC at a place that takes it's basketball seriously.
Between learning at his dad's knee and working under Kevin Bannon at RU ,
Danny had a good start in the coaching profession.

You and sojo should get a room. Lol.
I will be 62 next March Madness, I have been a Rutgers basketball fan since 1980.
If Rutgers basketball doesn’t perform next year Sweet 16 at a minimum I am done.
I love basketball to much to continue to watch shi**y basketball.
I don’t have many Marches left.
If Hurley stays at UCONN, I will go all in.

Will not go through another coach hoping to build Rutgers to what it should be, Which is UCONN.
Cliff has to go he is part of the problem, watching him play ugly basketball makes my eyes hurt.
He is not a winner.

I will be 62 next March Madness, I have been a Rutgers basketball fan since 1980.
If Rutgers basketball doesn’t perform next year Sweet 16 at a minimum I am done.

Will not go through another coach hoping to build Rutgers to what it should be, Which is UCONN.
Cliff has to go he is part of the problem, watching him play ugly basketball makes my eyes hurt.
He is not a winner.
why wait? You and sojo can get a room and dry hump to UConn replays.

He is not a winner.
Please leave this year and it will be a win-win for everyone

Please leave this year and it will be a win-win for everyone
Dave knows a turd when he sees one.

Many here don’t recognize a turd for what it is, instead believing our players will become good shooters, lockdown defenders, will be great after adding 10lbs, etc.

Reactions: socaldave

He is not a winner.
I can see why some might give up.
But for those who date back to the Bob Foster era and been waiting for a Young type year again
This is the road most taken
depositphotos_88000752-stock-photo-never-give-up-written-on.jpg

if you plan on leaving might as well get it over with and save yourself heartach if things aren't going right next year.
If RU makes the cut at the end of next year, jump back on the bandwagon.
I don't want to see any RU fan give up on the program, but think one that decided to stop caring if RU doesn't meet his expectations shouldn't wait and might be happier next season finding a winning program to care for instead of looking for a reason to give up.

Reactions: GuildenGuy
I can see why some might give up.
But for those who date back to the Bob Foster era and been waiting for a Young type year again
This is the road most taken
depositphotos_88000752-stock-photo-never-give-up-written-on.jpg

if you plan on leaving might as well get it over with and save yourself heartach if things aren't going right next year.
If RU makes the cut at the end of next year, jump back on the bandwagon.
I don't want to see any RU fan give up on the program, but think one that decided to stop caring if RU doesn't meet his expectations shouldn't wait and might be happier next season finding a winning program to care for instead of looking for a reason to give up.
Did you miss the 1980 part 😂
Thanks for the suggestion,
I got this if Pike doesn’t cash in next year I am out.
Because he is on his way out. Unless Rutgers hires the next Dan Hurly or Hurly himself it’s over in this day of NIL.
This year was a disgrace.
Bandwagon 😂😂😂

I lived up in CT from 2002-2022 and what That program has done since the 1990s is mind-blowing to me. Folks hated Calhoun but he was brilliant building them up out in the sticks. I enjoy watching Big East bball more than any other conference including the NBA and expect UConn to take it again.....

Reactions: Fat Koko
If Hurley had his way we’d go back to COVID times with no fans allowed

Because he is on his way out. Unless Rutgers hires the next Dan Hurly or Hurly himself it’s over in this day of NIL.
Bandwagon 😂😂😂
Disgrace was the Littlepage era and the Jordan's HC years
This year was disappointing , last season upsetting
but that's because Pike raised the expectations RU MBB fans have from when he first came aboard.
Giving up on a HC seems reasonable, giving up on a program , even for a 40 + year supporter , is a knee jerk reaction by someone looking for a reason to leave and find a fall guy for it.
It's your choice, but don't expect kudos for threatening to leave.
Bandwagon is what all fans ride, some jump on as soon as they get close to it, some jump on when the going is good, some jump off when they think the ride isn't smooth enough , while others ride the bandwagon through the sunny days and through the darkest of days never telling another the next stop is my last and plan to leave with the fair weather fans that ride during the good times and leave as soon as they see trouble.

Don't get upset, jut do what you plan and don't expect me to tell you that you've suffered enough over the last 40 years that we should be glad you stayed as long as you did before announcing your planned departure from the RU MBB Bandwagon because you don't like the driver because he hits too many bumps

Disgrace was the Littlepage era and the Jordan's HC years
This year was disappointing , last season upsetting
but that's because Pike raised the expectations RU MBB fans have from when he first came aboard.
Giving up on a HC seems reasonable, giving up on a program , even for a 40 + year supporter , is a knee jerk reaction by someone looking for a reason to leave and find a fall guy for it.
It's your choice, but don't expect kudos for threatening to leave.
Bandwagon is what all fans ride, some jump on as soon as they get close to it, some jump on when the going is good, some jump off when they think the ride isn't smooth enough , while others ride the bandwagon through the sunny days and through the darkest of days never telling another the next stop is my last and plan to leave with the fair weather fans that ride during the good times and leave as soon as they see trouble.

Don't get upset, jut do what you plan and don't expect me to tell you that you've suffered enough over the last 40 years that we should be glad you stayed as long as you did before announcing your planned departure from the RU MBB Bandwagon because you don't like the driver because he hits too many bumps
I have no response, thanks for yours.
Great thing about message boards, I can express myself as a fan anyway I like.
Some will agree some will disagree.
Being on the sidelines in March is tiresome
And last season was a disgrace.
I am pulling for Pike to have a great portal, and coach some watchable winning basketball.

Guy is an unhinged doosh. And also a cry baby.

Glad we didn’t offer him a 10 year contract or whatever else him and his dad were looking to bend Rutgers over for.

He would have bolted after the first sign of success.
If he did leave at first sign of success that wouldn’t be a bad thing.

At a program like ours coaches leaving for success would result in our best seasons in 50 years and make the job more attractive for the next guy.

He's a total lunatic and good for the sport. Although I fear one day he'll take it too far.

If he did leave at first sign of success that wouldn’t be a bad thing.

At a program like ours coaches leaving for success would result in our best seasons in 50 years and make the job more attractive for the next guy.

The best season in 50 years for our program wouldn’t have taken much.

And your point on “making the job more attractive”….well I’ll use your words - this is something that doesn’t mean much but a fanbase can overly value.

The best season in 50 years for our program wouldn’t have taken much.

And your point on “making the job more attractive”….well I’ll use your words - this is something that doesn’t mean much but a fanbase can overly value.
Knowing a few personnel people in top 4 leagues, it means everything..

He is not a winner.
You sat through Fred Hill and Eddie Jordan but getting bounced in the second round next year would be the straw that breaks the camel's back after... 45 years?

Ok bro, have fun lol.

Bandwagon 😂😂😂

In the time you have (claimed) to to be fan...
  • Littlepage won a total of 10 Conference Games in the A10 over 3 years
  • Wenzel brought the program to respectability in his first 3 years in the A10 with 2 NCAA appearances, but was not able to get past the first round and in years 4-9 of his tenure never had a winning conference record in the A10 nor Big East.
  • Bannon liked his players naked while FT shooting... lasted only 3 years with his last year here we were 3-13 in conference (Big East)
  • Waters was OK over 5 years but ultimately only was 28-44 in conference.
  • Fred Hill could somewhat recruit - that's about it. Only 13 conference wins in 4 years.
  • Duck and cover while Mike Rice throws basketballs at your head. That masks a crappy 16-38 conference record over 3 years.
  • Eddie Jordan....ugh. 8 conference wins in 3 years. In his final year only 1 conference win and 7 wins overall. We lost to Purdue that year 107 - 57.
  • Even Pike in his first 3 years only won only 13 conference games.
You can be a fan any way you want, but hard to believe you waited 44 years through this sh1T above including a 3 Decade NCAA tourney drought and a 4 Decade Top 25 Ranking drought......until now at the inception of perhaps RU's best recruiting class (ever?) to threaten to quit to become part of Hurley's cult if your demands are not met LOL.

In the time you have (claimed) to to be fan...
  • Littlepage won a total of 10 Conference Games in the A10 over 3 years
  • Wenzel brought the program to respectability in his first 3 years in the A10 with 2 NCAA appearances, but was not able to get past the first round and in years 4-9 of his tenure never had a winning conference record in the A10 nor Big East.
  • Bannon liked his players naked while FT shooting... lasted only 3 years with his last year here we were 3-13 in conference (Big East)
  • Waters was OK over 5 years but ultimately only was 28-44 in conference.
  • Fred Hill could somewhat recruit - that's about it. Only 13 conference wins in 4 years.
  • Duck and cover while Mike Rice throws basketballs at your head. That masks a crappy 16-38 conference record over 3 years.
  • Eddie Jordan....ugh. 8 conference wins in 3 years. In his final year only 1 conference win and 7 wins overall. We lost to Purdue that year 107 - 57.
  • Even Pike in his first 3 years only won only 13 conference games.
You can be a fan any way you want, but hard to believe you waited 44 years through this sh1T above including a 3 Decade NCAA tourney drought and a 4 Decade Top 25 Ranking drought......until now at the inception of perhaps RU's best recruiting class (ever?) to threaten to quit to become part of Hurley's cult if your demands are not met LOL.
I did say I was waiting till the end of the next season to make a determination.
However the rumblings about Ace have me concerned. Him not showing up on campus, would cause me to evaluate sooner.
I was assured by someone on this board, a poster not Richie O, that could not happen based on current rules.
It’s like Chinese water torture it has a compounding effect.
I am also 62, love the tournament greatest sporting event ever.
I can no longer allow Rutgers mismanagement of the basketball program to ruin the tournament for me.
I am essentially saying/betting that if Pike isn’t successful, which he won’t be if he fails next season. It’s another rebuild. With nincompoop’s in charge at Rutgers it would be over, more mediocrity at best. Nil and Portal only give Rutgers more opportunities to mismanage.
I can’t and won’t do it over again. I am not Rutgers insane! I have given up insanity.
Not trying to flame just stating what is a real position, that I am not alone in.
I will remain a Rutgers Football fan till College sports implodes on itself or until Greg leaves for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Can you be more specific about the "rumblings about Ace"?

As for the rest to each their own. If you love the tourney regardless of Rutgers, why would they ruin it for you?

If you've had enough, that's up to you. But I find that most fans who take the time to post on this board are generally not the casual type nor will so easily quit on the program.

Can you be more specific about the "rumblings about Ace"?

As for the rest to each their own. If you love the tourney regardless of Rutgers, why would they ruin it for you?

If you've had enough, that's up to you. But I find that most fans who take the time to post on this board are generally not the casual type nor will so easily quit on the program.
He’s referring to trilly Donovan info that someone he knows who is not a slam dunk source claims Will Wade will take Ace Bailey if he gets a high-major job.

Trilly broke most of the news that has been posted about Ace and Dylan’s recruitment.

He has said although he wouldn’t be surprised if Wade made a move for him that he doesn’t have reason to believe Ace isn’t going to Rutgers now.

Reactions: fluoxetine
Danny is a ticking time bomb, it will not end well, has no control over his emotions & will be a sports center play of the year when he assaults either a fan or ref

How can he watch so much basketball when he claims to have season lacrosse tickets?
This year is the least college basketball I’ve probably watched in 25 years. That was planned knowing this years ceiling and floor were pretty low and next year will be the most energy we put into a season in quite sometime.

Looking forward to conference play. Season can get scary bad if defense does not step up.

• Haha
Reactions: Caliknight
This year is the least college basketball I’ve probably watched in 25 years. That was planned knowing this years ceiling and floor were pretty low and next year will be the most energy we put into a season in quite sometime.

Looking forward to conference play. Season can get scary bad if defense does not step up.

Admitted to never watching a lacrosse game 6 months ago. Now he's an expert lol.

Admitted to never watching a lacrosse game 6 months ago. Now he's an expert lol.
Not an expert. So far we’ve lost the only real challenges on the schedule and conference play is tougher than the other games we won, sans maybe one opponent. If Brecht can get the dense playing better it’ll go a long way.

Not an expert. So far we’ve lost the only real challenges on the schedule and conference play is tougher than the other games we won, sans maybe one opponent. If Brecht can get the dense playing better it’ll go a long way.

Every team outside of DM is a challenge.

Just stop at not an expert. Listen more. Post less.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT