ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2019 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yanks always love hitting in Baltimore. It's pretty much Yankee Stadium Jr. at this point when it comes to success.

Sanchez still needs to bring the average up, but it's nice to see him hitting the ball hard. I really like him at DH with Romine behind the plate.

All that drama from the IL and still only 1 game out of first. Not bad.
Sanchez has some remarkable talent, just needs to focus, work hard, and put it all together.

Oh no...could it be another injury ?
Yanks call up Kyle Higashioka.

Last edited:
Are the Yanks closing in on the MLB record for guys on the DL at one time ?

What is up with his team?!?!
Other than half the roster on the IL?

It's been one of those years so far. Can't put anything together for a run. Every game is important, but you can only do so much when half the team isn't there.

Bottom line is the starting pitching is very average and the bullpen the supposed strength of the team has been bad. Even with all the injuries the O is doing enough. Get a stud starter.

Other than half the roster on the IL?

It's been one of those years so far. Can't put anything together for a run. Every game is important, but you can only do so much when half the team isn't there.
The Yanks DL team would win most of the divisions in MLB this year.

Bottom line is the starting pitching is very average and the bullpen the supposed strength of the team has been bad. Even with all the injuries the O is doing enough. Get a stud starter.
Without the injuries, the rotation is above average. The bullpen is not puling it's weight right now, I agree with that. You can't just go get a stud starter on a whim.

So- Yankees now have a lineup that is on the injured list that could compete for the WS. This is getting crazy
Severino/CC/Betances
GiGi/Adujar/Tulowitzky/Sanchez/Stanton/Hicks/Elsbury
All you need now is a 1B and you have a complete team

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Tanks lose last night and are 5-8 one the season. And in 2nd place in division! It's a long season my friends.

So- Yankees now have a lineup that is on the injured list that could compete for the WS. This is getting crazy
Severino/CC/Betances
GiGi/Adujar/Tulowitzky/Sanchez/Stanton/Hicks/Elsbury
All you need now is a 1B and you have a complete team
LOL. What World Series is that? The Little League WS I guess.

Obviously, you are not a Yankee fan. Neither am I but for an injured list at one single time DiDi, Stanton, Sanchez, Andujar, Severino are all top line starters. Hicks is not too far off and Betances would be pitching on most teams. CC, Tulo and Elsbury are the only stretches

Obviously, you are not a Yankee fan. Neither am I but for an injured list at one single time DiDi, Stanton, Sanchez, Andujar, Severino are all top line starters. Hicks is not too far off and Betances would be pitching on most teams. CC, Tulo and Elsbury are the only stretches
Its decent but certainly not world champ worthy by any means. That's all I'm saying.

Its decent but certainly not world champ worthy by any means. That's all I'm saying.
Wasn’t supposed to be literal. But now they add Bird to it. Let’s put it this way- they could field this team if all are healthy and beat a lot of teams.

How does this happen? No... seriously. How do we keep these games at this length of time so we can shut up those "game is too long" doofs.
The "game is too long" doofs wouldn't complain if games were regularly 2:30, the problem is when 9 inning games have become 4 hour affairs, especially in the playoffs.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
First complete game of the year. Lots of early frustration this year, losing four of first five series, especially getting swept by Houston when leading late in 2 of 3. Paxton was a beast tonight- exactly the pitcher they expected when they traded for him. Good at bats from 1 to 9, and some great plays in the field. No mental mistakes, just a really solid overall game from everyone that played. Now let's hope Happ shows as much improvement tomorrow as Paxton did tonight.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
I think the length of college football games is far worse than baseball but I guess you notice it less since it's only once a week.

Nothing better than spending 4 hours of your Saturday watching good ol' RU put up a big turd sandwich year after year.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT