ADVERTISEMENT

“I am going to take a nap”

Plum Street

Hall of Famer
Jun 21, 2009
If the wins are there after the 2025 regular season I will know I have a coach. If not , I know I don’t .

The way the schedule breaks. That’s the way to judge this GS tenure

Hyman Roth ! The godfather II for all you wondering.

If the wins are there after the 2025 regular season I will know I have a coach. If not , I know I don’t .

Tend to agree.

2025 will be the sixth year of Schiano 2.0. We'll have a favorable schedule. Five B1G wins are a must. Any less and I can't argue with anyone who wants to give GS his walking papers.

...and I don't want anyone complaining that we only have four home games. That's going to be the case every other season.

Last edited:
Tend to agree.

2025 will be the sixth year of Schiano 2.0. We'll have a favorable schedule. Five B1G wins are a must. Any less and I can't argue with anyone who wants to give GS his walking papers.
If RU bombs this year with less than 5 wins overall and less than 3 B1G wins, IMO time to go.

If he lasts into 2024, then 6 wins overall and 4 B1G wins is the floor (Akron, Hokies, Maryland, MSU, Minn, Illinois, Cupcake to be schedule).

If RU bombs this year with less than 5 wins overall and less than 3 B1G wins, IMO time to go.

If he lasts into 2024, then 6 wins overall and 4 B1G wins is the floor (Akron, Hokies, Maryland, MSU, Minn, Illinois, Cupcake to be schedule).
He won’t get fired after this season

Reactions: PiscatawayMike

The problem is that RU will have to make the "extend or fire" decision after the 2024 season at the latest.

Last edited:
What if we lose every B1G game? And lose to Temple and Va Tech?
Me-
main-qimg-7c468d710c632d4d0fb31db674018708-lq

You-
804225424-Vlcsnap-2010-06-27-00h32m31s104.png

• Haha
Reactions: Section124
If Schiano goes 1-8 in the B1G and has blow out losses to the likes of Maryland, KC will be the head coach next year to offset the $ owed to GS.

Reactions: Knight Shift

Yes 2024 is easy relatively speaking for us.
If no 6 wins he must shown the door.
And if he gets to 5 wins this year and asks for a contract extension I would say adios.

Yes 2024 is easy relatively speaking for us.
If no 6 wins he must shown the door.
And if he gets to 5 wins this year and asks for a contract extension I would say adios.
We agree on more stuff than it may appear.

As for your last scenario, Rutgers is in a position of strength here, because you have to consider the next best alternative for both parties. Who is going to be knocking on Greg's door for a better paying job if he gets 5 wins? Where's he going to go if Rutgers says no? And if he walks because he does not get the increase, Rutgers should owe him nothing, and RU could hire Dan Mullen, Mark Chryst or Urban Meyer. (the last name is a joke).

2024 has the makings of a disaster, even by our terms. Of course if 2023 is a disaster and he gets canned, '24 will be a helluva initiation for whichever guy is stu... I mean brave enough to lead.

The problem is that RU will have to make the "extend or fire" decision after the 2024 season at the latest.

I'm mentioned this before.
After 2024 he will "only" have 3 years left on his contract.

Can already see the "HC can't recruit with less than 4 years on his contract. He needs an extension to assure players he'll be here their entire career." threads.

Is AD Hobbs really going to wait until HC Schiano only has 2 years left on his contract (after 2025) before making a decision?
Many people are willing to just keep waiting and waiting (not exactly sure for what) to make a decision.

Reactions: beaced
2024 has the makings of a disaster, even by our terms. Of course if 2023 is a disaster and he gets canned, '24 will be a helluva initiation for whichever guy is stu... I mean brave enough to lead.
Yep 2024 is murder’s row with Akron, Cupcake FCS, VT, Illinois, Maryland, MSU, Minn.
My grandmother could Coach us to 6 wins.

• Haha
Reactions: GillesDeleuze
Lines up nicely, imo.

Don't see him getting fired this year but not interested in seeing him on the sidelines come 2025 if little to no strides are made over two full seasons.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
We're calling MSU a cupcake now?
someone's COY grandma thinks so. 😁
Heck seems like she thinks the Pinstripe Bowl winner
is a soft touch as well
Glad she feels RU is so overwhelmingly talented
anyone could have a winning season coaching RU

Reactions: GillesDeleuze
Greg took five years to show tangible progress in the 2005 season. Being in arguably the toughest conference division in P5, I'll use the same benchmark and judge progress next season (2024).

Reactions: MADHAT1
2025 is the payoff year, which will be reflected in the record. The next two years we will show incremental progress, and will probably be in the range of 4-6 wins.

Reactions: megadrone

Wasn’t wondering. Use that line all the time. And I agree. Next year the scheduler was on drugs!

With all this crepe hanging, who is his successor?
Well, either we get screwed again and UCLA/USC get a full payday while B1G continues to make us payback loans till 2027 or we have a lot more money to work with. Time will tell.

Reactions: Mr_Twister
Lines up nicely, imo.

Don't see him getting fired this year but not interested in seeing him on the sidelines come 2025 if little to no strides are made over two full seasons.

The good news is that the infrastructure will be in place if we need to change direction.

Reactions: fsg2

Watch out...Fidel is coming.

I'm mentioned this before.
After 2024 he will "only" have 3 years left on his contract.

Can already see the "HC can't recruit with less than 4 years on his contract. He needs an extension to assure players he'll be here their entire career." threads.

Is AD Hobbs really going to wait until HC Schiano only has 2 years left on his contract (after 2025) before making a decision?
Many people are willing to just keep waiting and waiting (not exactly sure for what) to make a decision.
beaced is more than willing to wait forever to be able to watch RU FB SHINE.

beaced is more than willing to wait forever to be able to watch RU FB SHINE.
braced did see some shinning moments in the "Dr. John" and Burns eras
also starting Greg1's 5th year beaced might have been feeling like the program was beginning to shine the way wanted

Some of you sound like the addict who can't get sober. I am rooting for success, but personally I think the writing is on the wall as of today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT