ADVERTISEMENT

10 big construction projects changing the face of Rutgers

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
The campus landscape at Rutgers University keeps transforming, with a slew of construction projects that were recently completed or are going through their final touches.

Students returning for classes this semester will notice a new look to College Avenue in New Brunswick, as well as a brand new nursing and science building in Camden and a massive chemistry complex that’s towering over the Busch Campus in Piscataway.

Here’s a look at those projects and other major construction work that’s adding amenities and lending a new appearance to the various Rutgers campuses across the state.

http://www.nj.com/education/2017/09/10_big_construction_projects_at_rutgers_university.html

As I was on campus this weekend for the game I thought....

You have to demolish records hall and that awful looking smoke stak ASAP (decades late).

Make River dorms to Scott hall feel like one cohesive and open campus ! (Remove college Ave traffic and keep the streets intersecting )

Redo browser dining hall to be on the ground level with large panes of glass and tons of outdoor seating.

I think all of these are somewhat considered but that's how it should've be fixed to about 20 years ago !

Over time I had been very critical of our campus, architecture, upkeep, etc. It felt like things were being let go. Especially as I saw other schools investing in their environment. But I must say things have really turned around with the new construction on College Ave, Livingston and Bush. Was on College Ave yesterday and it was really beautiful....and if they do go forward on their plan for the student center/brower area it will only get better!

Over time I had been very critical of our campus, architecture, upkeep, etc. It felt like things were being let go. Especially as I saw other schools investing in their environment. But I must say things have really turned around with the new construction on College Ave, Livingston and Bush. Was on College Ave yesterday and it was really beautiful....and if they do go forward on their plan for the student center/brower area it will only get better!

Agree, get ride of the smokestacks on CA and Busch!!

I wonder why they didn't mention the new Engineering building on Busch?

As I was on campus this weekend for the game I thought....

You have to demolish records hall and that awful looking smoke stak ASAP (decades late).

Make River dorms to Scott hall feel like one cohesive and open campus ! (Remove college Ave traffic and keep the streets intersecting )

Redo browser dining hall to be on the ground level with large panes of glass and tons of outdoor seating.

I think all of these are somewhat considered but that's how it should've be fixed to about 20 years ago !
Got to page 7 on this pdf , top photo, and you will see all of your suggestions being done:

http://masterplan.rutgers.edu/sites...sity - New Brunswick - C Introduction (1).pdf

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Yes I've seen this before and wasnt sure if it was a proposal or was going to be put into plan. I haven't re-read the whole document, but is there any mention when that particular project gets started and finishes ?
I can only guess it is a wish list and future plan. But just a few years ago we were all questioning the eyesore of the NB Theological School and now that area is great with the new academic and honors college. The good news is that the powers to be realize that area of campus need to be redone. I would think that is why Brower hasn't been redone yet.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
I can only guess it is a wish list and future plan. But just a few years ago we were all questioning the eyesore of the NB Theological School and now that area is great with the new academic and honors college. The good news is that the powers to be realize that area of campus need to be redone. I would think that is why Brower hasn't been redone yet.

Agree. Can't be done soon enough. That would be the gem of all of Rutgers University if they ever got College Ave to be a beautiful continuous green campus from Alexander library to the Train Station / Somerset Street. A lot of work to be done there, but each step (such as the most recent taken) would dramatically change our University. Wish we had the money to just do it now ASAP.

Reactions: Scarlet Craig
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT