ADVERTISEMENT

15-22 at free throw line

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
68% and yes I know Minny was 12-19

Cam and Caleb miss. Yes Cam makes most of them but you have to knock that down at 73-67, had made the first, if he hits 2nd, RU goes up 74-67

then Caleb missing again in a big spot....could have made it 75-72 where they could put Minny at the line

its not unreasonable to expect your upperclassmen to win the game by hitting those shots

68% and yes I know Minny was 12-19

Cam and Caleb miss. Yes Cam makes most of them but you have to knock that down at 73-67, had made the first, if he hits 2nd, RU goes up 74-67

then Caleb missing again in a big spot....could have made it 75-72 where they could put Minny at the line

its not unreasonable to expect your upperclassmen to win the game by hitting those shots
You can point to the misses (2 by Caleb , hit only 1/2 when he was hammered going in for the dunk I think with 4 minutes to go . after the steal and 1/2 with 5.8 ) and Cam after making 5 straight. , but you see that in every college basketball game especially in crunch time at the end of February and in the tourney in March . Happens all the time even with 90% foul shooters.

That is not why we lost the game. Paul’s 3-4 mistakes plus his airball that started the meltdown , Hyatt not going forward with a 2 on 1 with Cliff; Pike not pressuring the ball with 5.8 allowing them to get almost to half court and then either the confusion with us either being in a zone and either Pike or the players switching Caleb onto Cooper and Cam onto Battle , then Cam’s getting there late , flying by and then allowing an open 3. So many things cost us the game not the free throws since that happens all the time.

In the MSU / Iowa meltdown or miracle just last week , Hoggard kept on getting fouled in the last minute and Iowa was trading 3 ‘s for 2’s. Hoggard I think hit 8 straight but guess what he missed the last one with 10 seconds left and Sandfort hit the 3 to tie when the door was left open. Not a whole lot of people were blaming Hoggard for missing the last foul shot or using that to say it lost them the game but instead tried to figure out how they left Iowa guys open enough where they hit 3 after 3.

It’s unrealistic to expect much more out of Cam at the line. He’s shooting 92% on the season. At some point it’s up to Caleb (or someone else) to drill them, he just hasn’t been getting it done this year in those situations.

I feel pretty confident Simpson would’ve made them.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Caleb just isn't a reliable shooter, free throws or otherwise. And his late miss also let OSU win (with ref help.)

If he makes his late free throws we have 2 or 3 more wins this year.

Pike has taken this roster of under recruited players as far as he can. But at the end of the day you need some really good and talented (NBA-type) prospects to take the next step and we dont have them... yet. Every one of our players has major holes in their game somewhere. And tonight is what can happen with a roster full of guys like that.

Reactions: RUJMM78
Caleb turns into Shaq at the line when it’s late in the game. He missed against OSU, he missed against PSU, and then again last night. It’s inexcusable from a guard

Two straight seasons Rutgers has experienced gut wrenching losses at Minnesota.In both games Minnesota made three pointers at crunch time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT