ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Wrestling News

Lehigh couldn't get to Michigan last night, so their match vs Michigan tonight is cancelled. I was looking forward to Paetzall vs Micic.

Hope Princeton got to Iowa, want to see Glory vs Lee.

Edit- Princeton vs Iowa is On !

Will be watching RU Wrestling, RU BB, and Princeton vs Iowa tonight ! lol.

And off to our football game early tomorrow morning .

Luckily parking in a paved lot (white lot).

Last edited:
Lehigh couldn't get to Michigan last night, so their match vs Michigan tonight is cancelled. I was looking forward to Paetzall vs Micic.

Hope Princeton got to Iowa, want to see Glory vs Lee.

Edit- Princeton vs Iowa is On !

Will be watching RU Wrestling, RU BB, and Princeton vs Iowa tonight ! lol.

And off to our football game early tomorrow morning .

Luckily parking in a paved lot (white lot).
Is Iowa/Princton on tv

If glory can’t defend a bar arm series, it’ll be a long trip for a little wrestling.

Glory is an excellent scrambler. If he can avoid getting taken down in the first period it could be a closer match than people expect. In this scenario, if I’m Lee I take top in the second period if I have choice. If I’m Glory, I stay neutral or ride (not sure how good Glory is on top). If Lee can take him down it could get ugly.

Glory is an excellent scrambler. If he can avoid getting taken down in the first period it could be a closer match than people expect. In this scenario, if I’m Lee I take top in the second period if I have choice. If I’m Glory, I stay neutral or ride (not sure how good Glory is on top). If Lee can take him down it could get ugly.
Glory was a beast on top in high school. And I think he wrestled very well from the top position a couple weeks ago when he beat a couple ranked guys on his way to winning the Princeton Open. That may be his best shot when it comes to scoring points on Lee.

Bunch of good duals today:
Unranked Pitt beat #14 UNI 21-19. Unranked UNC beat #8 ASU 20-15 @ ASU...dual came down to a battle of brothers at HWT with UNC up 16-15. Cornell beat WVU 20-15 and needed a last match pin to pull out the win, as they were down 14-15.

Ok St vs SD St in about 30 minutes. Might see Daton Fix vs returning champ Seth Gross

A guy who wrestled up to wrestle Meredith last year chickens out???? I'll take what is no for $2,000, Alex, and go with he's injured. He doesn't duck.
Yeah, a very standup guy from Oklahoma State just reported on BWI that Gross is fighting a nagging back injury. I don't see him backing down from anybody, after that performance last year.

In my opinion your comment was more unnecessary and "stupid" considering Abro is a valued member of this community.

1. It was a stupid comment. 2. Abro has admitted multiple times about posting after having too many his famous cocktails. 3. He said he was going to the game to tailgate. 4. Abro can take getting his "chops busted".

Gross is a kid who has turned his life around. If you have watched his career, you know he doesn't back down. Unless you are in the room or have first hand information, it is disrespectful to challenge a kid's injury. Need to appreciate what these kids go through everyday.

In my opinion your comment was more unnecessary and "stupid" considering Abro is a valued member of this community.

lol, thanks. ScarletGrapfan is a good guy and I can take the criticism especially when warranted. So no problem here.

Gross could see Lizak next week, but should win easily , imo. Not sure what top ranked guys he might see at Midlands. If he wasn't 100 percent , than not wrestling probably smart just to protect his ranking. Also, this shows just how unimportant the regular season is compared to Nationals. It's all about being ranked as high as possible for seeding purposes. Balance of SD St schedule : https://gojacks.com/schedule.aspx?path=wrestling

Also , some great matches today on Flowrestling:

Lehigh at Michigan: Kutler vs Amine, probably Parkere or Paetzall vs Micic. And Preisch vs Embree.

Va Tech vs Northwestern:
Johnny Sebastian vs Dave McFadden
Sebastian Rivera vs Prata
Chakonis vs Sleigh

Princeton vs Wisconsin :
Pat Glory vs. Conor Brown, Evan Wick likely trying to cradle someone

Ok St vs Minn
Daton Fix vs. Ethan Lizak, Kaid Brock vs. Mitch McKee, Derek White vs. Gable Steveson?

Enjoy the Day !

Last edited:
lol, thanks. ScarletGrapfan is a good guy and I can take the criticism especially when warranted. So no problem here.

Gross could see Lizak next week, but should win easily , imo. Not sure what top ranked guys he might see at Midlands. If he wasn't 100 percent , than not wrestling probably smart just to protect his ranking. Also, this shows just how unimportant the regular season is compared to Nationals. It's all about being ranked as high as possible for seeding purposes. Balance of SD St schedule : https://gojacks.com/schedule.aspx?path=wrestling

Also , some great matches today on Flowrestling:

Lehigh at Michigan: Kutler vs Amine, probably Parkere or Paetzall vs Micic. And Preisch vs Embree.

Va Tech vs Northwestern:
Johnny Sebastian vs Dave McFadden
Sebastian Rivera vs Prata
Chakonis vs Sleigh

Princeton vs Wisconsin :
Pat Glory vs. Conor Brown, Evan Wick likely trying to cradle someone

Ok St vs Minn
Daton Fix vs. Ethan Lizak, Kaid Brock vs. Mitch McKee, Derek White vs. Gable Steveson?

Enjoy the Day !

McFadden is wrestling at the U23 worlds.He will not be at the dual.

Reactions: Abro1975
Watching Wisconsin vs Utah Valley.
Wisconsin forfeited 125.....Could be the difference in match.

Wisconsin up 19-9 with 3 bouts left.

Last edited:
Watching Wisconsin vs Utah Valley.
Wisconsin forfeited 125.....Could be the difference in match.

Wisconsin up 19-9 with 3 bouts left.

Wow they win with the forfeit on a SV take down by their HWT .He came back from 6 down.
Wisconsin is a much improved team than last year.

At 133 Michigan #3 ranked Steve Micic only beat Brandon Paetzall 7-3. Paetzall had Micic’s ankle a few times but couldn’t finish. I think Suriano takes Micic down w this ankle pick.
I think Suriano will handle Micic.

At Ok St , Daton Fix beats Lizak 6-1. Lizak came close to getting back points but Fix then reversed him.
Fix similar to Lee in that aspect they both push the pace. Fix noticeable shorter than Lizak.

And of course...lose Flo feed as we get close to the main event of Gable Stevensen

And its back!!!!!
I didn;t get to see Gross vs. Fix, but this is the next best thing.

Last edited:
Anthony Cassar looking good at heavyweight. Completely dominated today at the Keystone Classic. Heavyweight division is on notice!
He has second ranked Nevills still to contend with for starting job. A shame that one of the two won’t be starting

He has second ranked Nevills still to contend with for starting job. A shame that one of the two won’t be starting
Yeah I should have added Nevills was one of the guys he dominated on his way to the finals. Luckily Grapfan covered it for me!

Oh wow theres a good chance Cassar is a champ this year then.. Unless that Minnesota freshman takes off his redshirt
Steveson wrestled today in their dual against Oklahoma St. No red-shirt for him.

He dominated the #3 ranked guy in Derek White.

ADVERTISEMENT