ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Wrestling News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not in on what you may be referring to. Why aren't you surprised?
Still don’t see a definitive answer as to what the issue was....weight, discipline or attitude ....which was it or is it still speculation ...it seemed he was gonna finallygo at Southern Scuffle then boom ..a no go

You going tonite ?...which seats if you are

Last minute decision. I had a colonoscopy yesterday afternoon. Not sure how close to a bathroom I still need to be. If not tonight, definitely Nebraska and Princeton next weekend.

Section 113, Row K , seat 10

I'm not in on what you may be referring to. Why aren't you surprised?

Still don’t see a definitive answer as to what the issue was....weight, discipline or attitude ....which was it or is it still speculation ...it seemed he was gonna finallygo at Southern Scuffle then boom ..a no go
I'm not going to spread what may be rumors but there were supposedly red flags in HS and they continued in college. He didn't just take off 1st semester because he felt like it, and virtually no one outside of PSU thought he'd wrestle at the Scuffle. Tons of chatter online.

Anyone else happy seeing Earl Hall and Josh Dziewa lose in the Dave Schultz memorial tourney?

Tomorrow at 11:30 Eastern Time, former RU wrestlers Richie Lewis (74 Kg) and Mario Mason (70KG) get started. 70Kg also has Jordan Oliver and Frank Molinaro.

The best freshman on the team could be the kid sitting behind Suriano so we may not see him on the mat for another year. Don’t count him out.

How much would it cost to get Jeff Buxton on staff? I'm sure Lehigh , and many others have checked that out. He may be persona non grata at Blair, but he still is a magnet for the elite HS wrestlers w his training school.

Both Earl hall and Josh Dweiza were committed to Rutgers at one time but never wrestled for RU

How much would it cost to get Jeff Buxton on staff? I'm sure Lehigh , and many others have checked that out. He may be persona non grata at Blair, but he still is a magnet for the elite HS wrestlers w his training school.
We've tried. He's all Lehigh and not interested.

Michigan just beat Ohio St 19-17. Tan Tom looks very unhappy in the corner, lol.

Iowa vs Illinois up next !

So, what's up with Zach DelVecchio? We were talking about him last night but I haven't heard anything about him recently. What's he doing for college?

Been doing the skull session for years before the match, found it very odd that yesterday was the only time no coach came out to talk at the skull session. I look forward to that.

Michigan just beat Ohio St 19-17. Tan Tom looks very unhappy in the corner, lol.

Iowa vs Illinois up next !

Man Micic looked impressive last night. Absolutely dismantled a very tough Pletcher. Looked every bit of the #1 ranking.

That is what I have heard also. IMHO he really will not translate well at the D-1 level....he is about 5-10 and 220lbs. Tough to be a HWT at that size. Similar to Gross.
Wasn’t this bout the size of Kyle Snyder? A smaller more athletic hwt? Anyways he wants to play football

Wasn’t this bout the size of Kyle Snyder? A smaller more athletic hwt? Anyways he wants to play football
Yeah....but Snyder is an anomaly physically. Speaking of which, he lost his first match at the Yarygin this morning and will not be able to place since the guy who beat him was eliminated.

Dave Schultz Tournament starting in a few minutes. On Mat A is former RU wrestler Mario Mason vs T. Broadenax, U.S. Army, winner gets Frank Molinaro. 70 Kg weight class.

Also former RU Wrestler:
Richie Lewis vs J. Balfour, Canada, on deck (no mat yet).

Streaming on Flo Sports, Flo Arena w brackets, scores, mat assignments.

Dave Schultz Tournament starting in a few minutes. On Mat A is former RU wrestler Mario Mason vs T. Broadenax, U.S. Army, winner gets Frank Molinaro. 70 Kg weight class.

Also former RU Wrestler:
Richie Lewis vs J. Balfour, Canada, on deck (no mat yet).

Streaming on Flo Sports, Flo Arena w brackets, scores, mat assignments.

Wow, Mario Mason with a very fast pin (about 30 seconds), he gets Frank Molinaro a little bit later today. Mason wrestled at Blair Academy in HS. Blair vs Bergen Catholic at 4:30 today.

Richie Lewis match on deck Mat A

Last edited:
70 Kg- Mario Mason loses 4-2

74 Kg- Richie Lewis
Thanks for the updates. How's the keyster doing today?

I'm fine now, lol, thanks for asking. Will be at Nebraska and Princeton matches next weekend.

74Kg- Richie Lewis wins 7-1 and into the finals vs Dave Vallimont, Jefferson HS/ PSU. Lewis looking good and in shape.

70kg- Mason lost, 4-2.

Reactions: brentx35
Finals at 7pm:

70 kg FINAL will be Molinaro vs Sorensen (Iowa)

74Kg Richie Lewis , NYAC (RU) vs Dave Vallimont, NYAC (PSU)

86 kg Final- Pat Downey vs K.Courts

92Kg- Dudley vs Boykin

97 Kg- Ty Walz vs Cabell

125Kg- Heino vs Kosoy

Last edited:
Finals at 7pm:

70 kg FINAL will be Molinaro vs Sorensen (Iowa)

74Kg Richie Lewis , NYAC (RU) vs Dave Vallimont, NYAC (PSU)

86 kg Final- Pat Downey vs K.Courts

92Kg- Dudley vs Boykin

97 Kg- Ty Walz vs Cabell

125Kg- Heino vs Kosoy

They changed times. Finals at 4 est.

Reactions: Abro1975
I am watching Blair vs BC.....looks like no commentators.
First time watching something on youtube stream.
Stream is a tad shaky so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT