ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Wrestling News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed that Blair is wrestling Bergen Catholic on 1/26 at Lehigh U. Was wondering why two NJ powers are wrestling a big match in PA as opposed to at the RAC?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Just noticed that Blair is wrestling Bergen Catholic on 1/26 at Lehigh U. Was wondering why two NJ powers are wrestling a big match in PA as opposed to at the RAC?

Well, first both Blair and BC had to find a date that worked for each other, and they are wrestling prior to the Lehigh match. And RU does not have a match on 1/26. RU has a 7pm match on Friday and Blair and BC are not going to wrestle at 3:30-4:00pm on a Friday. Not to mention Blair is pretty close to Lehigh.

Reactions: IroniaHorse
Kid Turley has is ranked #5 at 182...should be a great match

Kid Turley has is ranked #5 at 182...should be a great match
Nijenhuis beat Turley at the Super 32 in October 7-4. It was a great match that could have gone either way. Turley has already avenged a couple of losses to top guys thus season.

Reactions: tfio
Penn St vs Nebraska coming on now, will be toggling thru 2 windows or 2 devices, lol. Then the RU W BB game at 2. Then the NFL games at 3.

Reactions: rondi
ETR looks like they are starting at 152.
I have said this before, i need more devices to watch

Turley now has wins over the #1 and #5 ranked wrestlers in his weight class...he's ranked at #7

Reactions: ChasRC69
Turley now has wins over the #1 and #5 ranked wrestlers in his weight class...he's ranked at #7

I think his only loss was to Foca of Berg Cath. something like 11-8

He also lost to Roberts, Oklahoma commit, in the finals of the tourney he beat Winston in. Lost by 2 in a match that he probably should have won

He also lost to Roberts, Oklahoma commit, in the finals of the tourney he beat Winston in. Lost by 2 in a match that he probably should have won

Yes, but he has avenged the loss to the Wyoming Seminary kid (Roberts) I believe.

Well, first both Blair and BC had to find a date that worked for each other, and they are wrestling prior to the Lehigh match. And RU does not have a match on 1/26. RU has a 7pm match on Friday and Blair and BC are not going to wrestle at 3:30-4:00pm on a Friday. Not to mention Blair is pretty close to Lehigh.
The correct answer is that Jeff Buxton is deeply entrenched in the Lehigh program, as he sits on the Board of the Lehigh Valley Athletic Club (LVAC), which Santoro Chairs, and setup the match... :grimace:

This is a question for WNG ..or whoever else might know ..what happened to MVB ..I know he was in concussion protocol before the Midlands ..didn’t do well there and now we haven’t heard a peep ..PL definitely did better at Midlands but it hasn’t transcenbed to duals so far ...was there ever a wrestle off or are coaches seeing something in the room that would not make one necessary ...

MVB is out of protocol and is back regaining his strength after his non meat diet which found him lacking in strength and ability to compete as he used to. His weight was great but strength not there. PL has hung tough losing to the top ranked guys by 3 points or less. He is not far away. Tough decision for the coaches.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
MVB is out of protocol and is back regaining his strength after his non meat diet which found him lacking in strength and ability to compete as he used to. His weight was great but strength not there. PL has hung tough losing to the top ranked guys by 3 points or less. He is not far away. Tough decision for the coaches.
I thought sucking that weight would eventually catch up to him ...should be at 149 next year

Former RU wrestlers, Richie Lewis and Mario Mason, will be wrestling at the Dave Schultz Tournament , Jan 24-26, starting tomorrow morning. Richie Lewis will be entered in the 74 Kg Freestyle bracket. Mason at 70 Kg, same weight as Oliver and Molinaro !
Other big names in this tournament are Jordan Oliver, Darian Cruz, Bryce Meredith, Branden Sorensen, Frank Molinaro, Sammy Sasso, Pat Downey, Tanner Hall.

While the Women's Free Style and Greco Roman start tomorrow, Men's Freestyle doesn't start til Saturday 11:30am.

FloWrestling will be streaming it. Flo Arena will have brackets, results, etc.

Was this "non-meat" diet prescribed or choice?

Was this "non-meat" diet prescribed or choice?
I’m assuming since he had to lose so much weight he did what he needed to do to secure a spot...They really weren’t sure where AA was going for sure and since he was at 149 a lot last year it was quite a sacrifice to go back down to 141 ..ability was always there as shown when he beat some really tough kids including one of AA’s nemesis in a couple tournaments but lost lots of strength with the diet he went on to get back to 141 ...sad if his season is done is all I have to say ..was hoping he would get a shot to wrestle off before it’s too late ....who knows where the coaches are regarding this ....

Last edited:
Button has not set foot on the Blair campus in years. He has no impact on their schedule. A lot of Blair kids train at Buxton’s club. He lacks influence with the Blair administration.

Grello checks in at #31
Collucci checks in at #29
Lipari, Correnti & Glasgow outside of the top 33

Need big wins from Lipari, Correnti & Glasgow

Appears Robert Cleary has left the team and transferred to Rider.
Oof. Not that it matters much as the 2017 class was another complete miss, which makes 3 in a row: 2017, 2016, and 2015.

Oof. Not that it matters much as the 2017 class was another complete miss, which makes 3 in a row: 2017, 2016, and 2015.

Do you think it is just the classes? We seem to put the blame on the classes but what responsibility does the administration have in developing these wrestlers.I look at Mackall & Paetzell who left both striving at their respective schools.Previous discussions regarding funding via the SKWC to bring in more resident athletes & coaches to build our infrastructure would certainly help.If we did not recruit these top wrestlers that are supposedly a miss now. We would all be complaining about why the coaches did not recruit them.

Mackal is wrestling at 25 for ISU and paetzell maybe coulda dropped to 25?

Paetzell cannot make 125(been at 133 last two seasons) if he could he would be at 125 and Farro would be 133 for Lehigh.
Sure Mackal would have been great to have at 125, but until about 1-2 months from this season it was not known what weight Suriano was going to go. Mackel left long before that, when most thought Suriano would be at 125 for at least one more year.

I dont blame the RU staff at all for these two leaving

Do you think it is just the classes? We seem to put the blame on the classes but what responsibility does the administration have in developing these wrestlers.I look at Mackall & Paetzell who left both striving at their respective schools.Previous discussions regarding funding via the SKWC to bring in more resident athletes & coaches to build our infrastructure would certainly help.If we did not recruit these top wrestlers that are supposedly a miss now. We would all be complaining about why the coaches did not recruit them.
It isn't a lack of development issue. Most wrestlers want to wrestle/start, not sit. That's why you see more transfers. Recruiting needs to improve as most, if not all, of these were not elite level recruits that.

Both Mackall and Paetzell did not want to sit behind Suriano for 2 years
Agreed

Paetzell cannot make 125(been at 133 last two seasons) if he could he would be at 125 and Farro would be 133 for Lehigh.
Sure Mackal would have been great to have at 125, but until about 1-2 months from this season it was not known what weight Suriano was going to go. Mackel left long before that, when most thought Suriano would be at 125 for at least one more year.

Agreed

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan

Farro hasn't been in the lineup for awhile hurt or lost wrestle off. Tough making 125 again

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT