ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Southern Scuffle Update Thread

Not sure what got into MVB, but loving the aggressiveness today. He can reach his full potential when he wrestles fearlessly like this.

Caliber of competition plays a big part in this.
True, the competition hasn't been great. But he did a lot of hoping around early in the season and that wasn't against top notch competition either.

True but he did a lot of hoping around early in the season and that wasn't against top notch competition either.
Always good to see a kid piling on the points against the kids they should. If he can translate that against the better kids he'll be in good shape for sure.

Reactions: koleszar
Great two matches from MVB but that’s what the boys do. One day they look dominant, then next dual he’ll look awful. Hopefully this version is here to stay.

Nice late win from Scott

Aguilar continues to look like a potential AA

Still think you guys are too hard on JoJo. First match in over a month, he won handily, and even in HS he wasn’t a high scoring type of wrestler. He’s a defensive minded guy who is suffocating on top.

Kanniard is a beast. He’s having a Janzer type RS season. Love to see it. M

Disappointing match from Donner and Angelo but I like where Angelo is at. He could be an unexpected stud as he gets older.

Turley looks like his chest is stuck to the mat with Gorilla glue.

Reactions: SCNJ
165 is gonna be a problem in the 2nd half of the season. I don't think Turley or Donner are good enough to win dual matches in B1G season.

Not a big fan of choosing down in 3rd for turley.
I understand it point wise, but he was close to about 3 TD in first
He was down 2-0 after a reversal in the 2nd. With no riding time advantage, neutral for the 3rd wouldve made more sense. Get the takedown and force OT.

Not a big fan of choosing down in 3rd for turley.
I understand it point wise, but he was close to about 3 TD in first
I agree. I guess he needs to learn but if you really wanted to win match you had to see he was struggling on bottom and much better from his feet. Strategy wise don’t think it was the right move

I agree and think if it was a dual meet the coaches would have taken neutral. But sometimes coaches put a youngin on bottom to learn how to get out.
That's the one area the team as a whole isn't great at, escaping from bottom. Granted that usually comes with experience and college level S&C as the HS level doesn't really focus hard on the bottom game with no riding time used at that level. When you have mostly freshman and RS Freshman starting vs wrestlers with 2-3 years of college S&C in the weight room, getting ridden out happens more times that we want it to.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
elushijo, post: 4283172, member: 4444"]Round of 16 scheduled to start today at 2:15PM.[/QUOTE]
Round of 16 scheduled to start today at 2:15PM.
I dont think we'll see Round of 16 until at least 3pm...I think they will wrestle a full round of Consis before like they had scheduled.

I dont think we'll see Round of 16 until at least 3pm...I think they will wrestle a full round of Consis before like they had scheduled.[/QUOTE]

Correct a full round of Consis....80 matches 8 mats, should take close to 2 hours before Round of 16.

I dont think we'll see Round of 16 until at least 3pm...I think they will wrestle a full round of Consis before like they had scheduled.

Correct a full round of Consis....80 matches 8 mats, should take close to 2 hours before Round of 16.[/QUOTE]
So probably looking at approximately 4 to 4:30 pm for Round of 16.

Tied for 4th with Rider and Stanford...

NC State 2nd
Navy 3rd

And with Esposito's pin...we are in 2nd

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT