ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Southern Scuffle Update Thread

That's been Grello's achilles and it will continue to cost him. Foca is obviously very good but that's a bad loss for Joe.

Grello loses to Foca 7-6. His passivity in the first killed him. Joe was the better wrestler for 2 periods but Foca scored early and milked it the rest of the match.
Sorry but it's the same Grello for 3 yrs. now. He always looks to counter and is never the aggressor. When he does shoot once in a blue moon he has a good shot. But like I said he only does that once in a blue moon.

Grello’s loss fo Foca is bad, you can’t lose to a true freshman as a 5th year senior because you just can’t get to your offense.
Grello is a junior . And a stud true freshman is still a stud.. I like the fight at the end from Grello.. it was starting to look like it was heading towards a major

This ^^^^^^^^^ Grello has been this way for his career. Strong, good rider, but lack of offense will and has kept him from making a level jump.
Last year I really thought he'd open up and was excited for his progression. Then last year happened and I realized this is it for the next two years he's not going to change.

Grello’s loss fo Foca is bad, you can’t lose to a true freshman as a 5th year senior because you just can’t get to your offense.
Foca has been a wrecking ball so far this year and is going to be good one for the Big Red. But I agree, you'd definitely like to see our seasoned vet beat a true freshmen.

Grello is a junior . And a stud true freshman is still a stud.. I like the fight at the end from Grello.. it was starting to look like it was heading towards a major

Agreed.... But you don't treat a true frosh like a returning NCAA champ for the 1st 4 minutes.... He let Foca dicate the match until last 3 minutes... By then, it was too much of a lead to overcome...

Foca has been a wrecking ball so far this year and is going to be good one for the Big Red. But I agree, you'd definitely like to see our 5th year senior beat a true freshmen.
Joe is only a redshirt junior but this is all he'll ever be, if a light bulb doesn't go off that he needs to be more aggressive.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Grello loses to Foca 7-6. His passivity in the first killed him. Joe was the better wrestler for 2 periods but Foca scored early and milked it the rest of the match.
Grello another one who is what he is. Always will be defensive so will lose to better wrestlers

Agreed.... But you don't treat a true frosh like a returning NCAA champ for the 1st 4 minutes.... He let Foca dicate the match until last 3 minutes... By then, it was too much of a lead to overcome...
I don’t think Grello went into that match thinking he’s a true fresh so I’m going squash him or big brother him bc we both from BC, although maybe he shoulda..
Grello is the same Grello we gotten from last 3 years. We know what to expect. Grello got caught early to be down 4-0 and I’m pleasantly surprised he fought back and almost won it.

Cornell might end up having the best 1-2-3 punch in the upper weights in 2-3 years. Those NJ Finger Lakes kids are all studs.
Beard is another true freshman.. he was a top p4p recruit of his class and is probably expected to take over for struggling psu 197er Conel.
Great, so glad for Cornell and psu their future looks bright. As I'm watching Esposito get dominated, ours however in the upperweights? Eh, not looking too promising.

Beard is another true freshman.. he was a top p4p recruit of his class and is probably expected to take over for struggling psu 197er Conel.
Eh, he grayshirted last year. In my opinion you can only be a legit true freshman if you were actually in high school last year.

This is unlikely. Rasheed defeated Conel in a wrestleoff but is still nursing an injury. When he is cleared to wrestle, he’ll be at 197. No need to pull Beard’s shirt.

Eh, he grayshirted last year. In my opinion you can only be a legit true freshman if you were actually in high school last year.
The reason PSU is so dominant is bc they keep recruiting these top p4p talent coming out of HS... by the time these true freshman/RS fresh/gray shirt fresh get in their lineups they are already contending for AA/NCAA titles..

This is unlikely. Rasheed defeated Conel in a wrestleoff but is still nursing an injury. When he is cleared to wrestle, he’ll be at 197. No need to pull Beard’s shirt.
Right , psu also got AA Rasheed ..

Grey shirt plus Red shirt.....CRazy

Is Angelo a Grey shirt? He is called a RS Freshman, but he went to FLWC

The reason PSU is so dominant is bc they keep recruiting these top p4p talent coming out of HS... by the time these true freshman/RS fresh/gray shirt fresh get in their lineups they are already contending for AA/NCAA titles..
It's like a waiting list if you want to have even three possible years of starting eligibility over there

POINTS CH CONS 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1 Oklahoma State 39 7 7 - - - - - - - -
2 Northern Colorado 38 5 5 - - - - - - - -
2 Rutgers 38 4 9 - - - - - - - -
4 NC State 37.5 8 8 - - - - - - - -
5 North Dakota State 37 6 7 - - - - - - - -
6 Stanford 36 5 7 - - - - - - - -
7 Rider 32 4 11 - - - - - - - -
8 Navy 30.5 2 11 - - - - - - - -
9 Pittsburgh 28 6 4 - - - - - - - -
10 Chattanooga

And Angelo loses in SV to a kid from Rider with 1 sec. left.. This was a bad tournament for him.

Angelo loses to the kid from Rider. Poor showing from him today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT