ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Southern Scuffle Update Thread

Scott advances with a 4-3 decision! Good win for him.

Scott has a better path to Semi's, despite Grello with the #2 seed. I am excited to see Grello vs Foca next match. Grello needs this (for his confidence) if he expects to go deep in the NCAA's this year.

Reactions: jerzey devil
Punk move by the Pitt kid, hitting Angelo in the back of the head slamming his head into the mat.

Reactions: MS-RU
Did he cost the team unsportsmanlike penalty points removed from Pitt's team score?
Just a match point. It bloodied Angelo's nose. So was a pretty hard hit. Turley in hole on mat 7. Donner on deck mat 8.

JoJo wins 2-0 and moves into the quarterfinals. No real wrestling in this one. He got the quick escape in the 2nd and then he rode him out all 3rd.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
JoJo wins 2-0 and moves into the quarterfinals. No real wrestling in this one. He got the quick escape in the 2nd and then he rode him out all 3rd.

This is what JoJo is. He is suffocating on top. Not sure how much Ashnault is in the room with those guys but I feel he could learn a lot from there. Either way, impressive what JoJo has done this year.

Good wrestlers score. Great wrestlers win.

This is what JoJo is. He is suffocating on top. Not sure how much Ashnault is in the room with those guys but I feel he could learn a lot from there. Either way, impressive what JoJo has done this year.

Good wrestlers score. Great wrestlers win.

While I agree, suffocating is very strong word and not what I would use after watching the match. They were on their feet the majority of the period and just kept going out of bounds. Probably 6 times in the 3rd. He was wrestling another true freshman with 1 or 2 wins on the year. It wasn't like he was keeping him flat on the mat or anything dominating. A win is a win and I'll take it though.

Foca the aggressor taking it to Joe. Joe did nothing that 1st period down 4-1

Edit: now 2nd still being dominated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT