Gold Member
Aug 9, 2013
Class of 2022 Commits:
138: Brandan Chletsos (ND-GP - PA)
144: Joe Fongaro (Boonton - NJ)
160: Luke Gayer (Calvary Chapel - CA)
182: Brian Soldano (High Point - NJ)
220: PJ Casale (Delbarton - NJ)

Feel free to post schedules, rankings, news, etc. so that we can keep everything consolidated here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clearscreen25
First up this weekend is Super 32. It appears that only Soldano and Fongaro will be there.

Soldano is preseeded #1 at 182 and Fongaro is #28 at 138, so hopefully he can make some noise this weekend. Interested to see his development.

Class of 2022 Commits:
138: Brandan Chletsos (ND-GP - PA)
138: Joe Fongaro (Boonton - NJ)
182: Brian Soldano (High Point - NJ)
220: PJ Casale (Delbarton - NJ)

Feel free to post schedules, rankings, news, etc. so that we can keep everything consolidated here.
Very curious to see how Chletsos does this season against the top competition as he had a lackluster Columbus Duals.

Super 32 articles, previews, pre-seeds, etc.

MatScouts:

Flo:

The event will be on Flo starting on Saturday

Saw Soldano lost in semis of s32. Would have like to have seen him win it again. Great wrestler —that unorthodox style of his is crazy though.

Fongaro lost in WB to another NJ kid, Perentin. Would love to add him one day but pretty sure their eyes on Princeton.
Saw Hunter Mays lost in semis to top 160 lber and Penn st commit Levi Hayes 12-7. Mays is someone I’d like to see them pursue. I know he verbally committed to Rider, but I understand he flip flopped a few times when deciding on a HS. A friend of mine from PA who knows the family told me he things if a B10 school can knocking he would flip. Would like to see it happen for RU.

Soldano match was fun. He got out Soldano-ed for the first two periods. Then, when he figured a few things out the kid he wrestled made some smart tactical moves on bottom to eat up the clock without getting called for stalling. Still think Soldano looks very small for 182.

Soldano is an amazing talent with a unique style. He will really benefit from being in a college wrestling room. A lot of room to grow on his feet in terms of hand fighting and set ups to takedowns. Keeping his hips high/hip height in general on top and staying in constant motion on bottom seem like things to work on as well.

Reactions: MS-RU
Great win. Knox is so much more physically developed than Bo. Could be a great rivalry over the next few years.
Agree, but Knox cut down and that is the last time you probably see him at 106. He brought it though so give the kid credit. He wanted to go beat the best. Lots of great wrestling at 32 this year.

Soldano match was fun. He got out Soldano-ed for the first two periods. Then, when he figured a few things out the kid he wrestled made some smart tactical moves on bottom to eat up the clock without getting called for stalling. Still think Soldano looks very small for 182.
You can guarantee the Rutgers staff and many other big Universities are pursuing Mays...At his level you should never go to Rider out of HS..He will be in a situation where his HS team (Howell) has more buzz about the Program then Rider..If things dont work out going B1G time then you transfer to Rider!

Last edited:
Ironman is this weekend on Flo and Chletsos (#19) will be in action. Looks like he is the #5 seed at 132 and the #2, #10, #15, and #16 ranked guys at the weight are in the bracket so it will be interesting to see how he does against some top national competition.

I realize Blair is not a recruiting hotspot for us, but I would not be shocked if Lorenzo Norman bring one of the exceptions. I see he made the Ironman Semi’s.

Chletsos lost his next match, so not a great showing this weekend.

Chletsos lost his next match, so not a great showing this weekend.
Yikes. 4 seed and didn't place. Kid he lost to in round of 16 is wrestling for 5th. He's been erratic in the last 2 big tourneys (this and up at 138 at Columbus Duals), so he needs to improve a lot to be a significant contributor here.

• Sad
Reactions: KidDagger
Beast of the East is this weekend on Track but it looks like only Chletsos is wrestling once again. Hopefully he can bounce back and get on the podium.

He is the #3 seed on the same side of bracket as #2 Tyler Vazquez (Delbarton). A. Santaniello is the #1

No Soldano or Casale unfortunately. Casale would have been there if he was still at Delbarton.

Last edited:
Beast of the East is this weekend on Track but it looks like only Chletsos is wrestling once again. Hopefully he can bounce back and get on the podium.

He is the #3 seed on the same side of bracket as #2 Tyler Vazquez (Delbarton). A. Santaniello is the #1

No Soldano or Casale unfortunately. Casale would have been there if he was still at Delbarton.
If Chletsos has another bad tourney then that would be very worrisome 😬

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT