ADVERTISEMENT

2021-22 Transfer Portal Activity for RU

Last edited:
“I had my exit meeting with Coach (Sean) Gleeson and Coach (Greg) Schiano, and after hearing what they had to say, I felt like it was the right decision talking to my parents and other people I trust,” Snyder said Monday evening. “I want to go somewhere where I can compete for the starting job and hopefully win a championship.”

“My goal has always been to be the starter at Rutgers,” Snyder reiterated Monday. “Up until the day I entered the portal, that was my main focus.”

Schools of all levels have reached out,” Snyder said. “I’m talking to a couple of FBS schools right now. Hopefully I’ll land at one of those schools.”

Bordner was a convert from the DL. I thought he showed some good push into the backfield as a young DT. He had some ups and downs as an OL. I’m guessing this was a mutual decision. He possibly could have stuck and played here but it’s getting to be a numbers game on the OL so maybe good for both parties if he moves on. Wish him all the best.

Good for Cole. Buffalo is about 80 miles to his hometown in Western NY.

Buffalo may need another QB, or maybe not with 6 on the roster. Not clear if their Senior QB, who was injured late in the season, has any eligibility left. Looks like he may have a year (or two). The backup QB, Matt Myers did not do real well.

I think our WRs are better than they appear because we did not have the ability to throw the deep ball. With the right QB play, and better OL play, I think we see our WRs blossom.

I expect to see a ton of RPOs next year and our offense is going to take a jump.
From your mouth to God’s ears.

One thing with the RPO that we haven’t caught onto yet is the use of slant routes and more use of the TE in the middle of the field. I understand that many times the TE needed to stay in and block because of our OL deficiencies, but I don’t understand why we hardly used the slant routes of protection was an issue.

One thing with the RPO that we haven’t caught onto yet is the use of slant routes and more use of the TE in the middle of the field. I understand that many times the TE needed to stay in and block because of our OL deficiencies, but I don’t understand why we hardly used the slant routes of protection was an issue.
Push up the middle and a height challenged QB. Noah is best with his brain and his legs.

Teams took the middle of the field away and played inside leverage on us (because we could not complete fade routes). This killed slant run RPOs. It also allowed LBs or SSs to focus on our TEs because they did not have to help with slants or many inside routes. This is why when we did hit crossing routes or slants they tended to be bigger plays because most teams took away LB responsibility from these as most teams played man free against us with inside leverage.

We could not attempt or complete fade routes because they had safeties back there for the most part. I don’t break down film like you do but it all starts with the good teams being able to stop the run without creeping up in the box. Every time I watched on TV LB’s were 7 yards off the ball and safeties were hanging deep. We ran a lot of 2 TE sets this year which allowed for this. We had to run combo patterns just to get Bo out of double coverage and when we did we completed long passes.

On the other hand we sold out to stop the run and played man Defense which opened up the middle of the field for opposing teams if they picked up out blitzes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT