ADVERTISEMENT

2022-23 Transfer Watch

Is there a dead period, or can the staff start reaching out to guys in the portal right now? I assume that we can.

Claude is an absolute no go.....rumored to be a selfish player with issues, shot demand and minute demands, which is why he settled at Xavier.....Xavier and their coach knew they were on thin ice and got his commitment after other places declined to give in to his demands....I would expect the new Xavier coach to be desperate enough to cave in, especially with that being a retooling of the roster.

Fremantle is a problem kid, who is not a fan of RU, some of our past and current players and is a punk.....he is definitely not a good culture fit in our program and he got beaten out by Iowa transfer Jack Nunge for minutes this past year..... I won't go into details beyond that, but he has other red flags as well.

Cottrell tore his Achilles in 2020 and is a player that probably returns out west, but he started showing flashes of good play late this season. He is still a 6'9 to 6'10 player, RU doesn't have and should be a target, if he wants to reclaim some prominent status.....If RU could revise careers on life-support like Jacob Young, Cottrell would be intriguing.

I believe Neal Quinn is a good fit, low maintenance, high character kid and he provides a bridge at the 5 for the next 2 seasons. He would be the type of kid you can develop further and I think he is a kid worth a couple of games on the winning side next year. The drop-off on both sides of offense and defense when Cliff left the floor was noticeable. Probably worth 4PPG in both directions for RU in my opinion. (Probably adds 2PPG overall to our team and takes away 2PPG from our opponents. If you play a lot of 1 or 2 possession games, Quinn can keep teams off the glass when Cliff is out and gives you a post option to help Mulcahy and Simpson next year.

I also think RU has options with 2022 HS kids and 2022 JUCO kids as well, so while the transfer portal is exciting to look into, culture and work-ethic are important. But we need an influx in athletic ability (guard/wings) and size (4/5).
The fact of the matter is there are a lot of players who aren't choir boys but can help you win basketball games. You don't want to build a whole team out of guys like that and there are definitely guys to avoid... but still.

Not enthralled with Toussaint. He’s basically done squat at Iowa for the past two years. I think his best game ever was against RUTGERS three years ago, when he beat us off the dribble repeatedly and scored 18 or 20 points. But he’s never really matched that game, and he can’t shoot.

Not enthralled with Toussaint. He’s basically done squat at Iowa for the past two years. I think his best game ever was against RUTGERS three years ago, when he beat us off the dribble repeatedly and scored 18 or 20 points. But he’s never really matched that game, and he can’t shoot.
Co-sign. It's really hard to be an inefficient player in Iowa's offense but he's managed to do it.
Two times a charm?
I don't believe we were recruiting Sessoms. We had Young and Baker on the roster at PG at that point. (And Mulcahy)

Last edited:
Claude is an absolute no go.....rumored to be a selfish player with issues, shot demand and minute demands, which is why he settled at Xavier.....Xavier and their coach knew they were on thin ice and got his commitment after other places declined to give in to his demands....I would expect the new Xavier coach to be desperate enough to cave in, especially with that being a retooling of the roster.

Fremantle is a problem kid, who is not a fan of RU, some of our past and current players and is a punk.....he is definitely not a good culture fit in our program and he got beaten out by Iowa transfer Jack Nunge for minutes this past year..... I won't go into details beyond that, but he has other red flags as well.

Cottrell tore his Achilles in 2020 and is a player that probably returns out west, but he started showing flashes of good play late this season. He is still a 6'9 to 6'10 player, RU doesn't have and should be a target, if he wants to reclaim some prominent status.....If RU could revise careers on life-support like Jacob Young, Cottrell would be intriguing.

I believe Neal Quinn is a good fit, low maintenance, high character kid and he provides a bridge at the 5 for the next 2 seasons. He would be the type of kid you can develop further and I think he is a kid worth a couple of games on the winning side next year. The drop-off on both sides of offense and defense when Cliff left the floor was noticeable. Probably worth 4PPG in both directions for RU in my opinion. (Probably adds 2PPG overall to our team and takes away 2PPG from our opponents. If you play a lot of 1 or 2 possession games, Quinn can keep teams off the glass when Cliff is out and gives you a post option to help Mulcahy and Simpson next year.

I also think RU has options with 2022 HS kids and 2022 JUCO kids as well, so while the transfer portal is exciting to look into, culture and work-ethic are important. But we need an influx in athletic ability (guard/wings) and size (4/5).
Hey Hawk any thoughts on Noah Farrakhan at Eastern Michigan? Once a top NJ prospect, but dropped off and ended up going to ECU but didn’t get much burn.

turned it around this past year averaging 16 pts and shooting over 40% from 3

Co-sign. It's really hard to be an inefficient player in Iowa's offense but he's managed to do it.

I don't believe we were recruiting Sessoms. We had Young and Baker on the roster at PG at that point. (And Mulcahy)
We absolutely were.

We rarely struggled on D. Stop

You don't get it. The guards in the BIG10 are slow. We struggled against quick guards all year.

We played excellent help/team defense all year, but we weren't quick on the perimeter. Our effort, scheme and cohesiveness made up for our lack of quickness.

Reactions: Degaz-RU
New FGCU coach (ex-Penn State) Tom Chambers has no doubt contacted Sam Sessoms. Estero FL is not the worst place to live and go to school, and Sessoms would have a major role.

Reactions: Scarlet Beach
Now really need a wing scorer.
The team will now have loss more than 40 points in scoring the past two seasons that haven't yet been replaced.The transfer portal must be actively utilized because there is a dire need for scorers.

Hawk, what do you think about Yarin Hasson from Israel? Seems like the multidimensional forward that Pike has been searching for. And per a few clips seems like he can really play.
Yuval Shemata is the handler or facilatator here.Based on that alone I think he never goes to any college. I had given our staff the name pf a BT center
he was handling and a month later the kid was a pro.

I posted this a while back. It’s Pike’s #1 edge on the recruiting trail and should be a major selling point all over social media.
Best home court, Best conference, and Best practice facility

Seems like he's got a lot to work with

I use to think that the staff was just really private and that's why we don't hear alot about them on the recruiting trail. But then when u add up the results, it's matches the perceived effort. I no longer believe all these recruits out here - just forget to mention Rutgers. Im thinking alot of players really just don't hear much from us. Darren Buchanan (now top 150) said Rutgers just stopped communicating - then they tried to come back around last minute 🤣

I use to think that the staff was just really private and that's why we don't hear alot about them on the recruiting trail. But then when u add up the results, it's matches the perceived effort. I no longer believe all these recruits out here - just forget to mention Rutgers. Im thinking alot of players really just don't hear much from us. Darren Buchanan (now top 150) said Rutgers just stopped communicating - then they tried to come back around last minute 🤣
I agree, when you read interviews you hear that coaches are in contact weekly a lot. The football staff is in DAILY contact with priority recruits.

The recruiting results where we’ve landed more high profile players than under any other staff we’ve had, or the on-court results where we (should have) reached more tournaments than we have under any HC other than Young?

Reactions: chrebet80
Watching Creighton, they have a kid Kaluma who looks great. Would love to have somebody like him.

Hey Hawk any thoughts on Noah Farrakhan at Eastern Michigan? Once a top NJ prospect, but dropped off and ended up going to ECU but didn’t get much burn.

turned it around this past year averaging 16 pts and shooting over 40% from 3

I don't know if Noah is coming back north or is interested in staying with the ECU program and the new coaching staff. I think he's undersized and would struggle most nights on defense in the B1G.....

I saw a question on the Israeli kid, I have no information or knowledge on if he is even interested in playing in the USA or college basketball.

It is still very early in the portal process, I would stay very patient and see how the list develops in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I don't know if Noah is coming back north or is interested in staying with the ECU program and the new coaching staff. I think he's undersized and would struggle most nights on defense in the B1G.....

I saw a question on the Israeli kid, I have no information or knowledge on if he is even interested in playing in the USA or college basketball.

It is still very early in the portal process, I would stay very patient and see how the list develops in the next 2 to 3 weeks.
israeli kid is probably going pro. His handler seems to send kids in that direction.

Some pretty intriguing additions today, Brayon Freeman and Antonio Reeves in particular (Could see Pike fall in love w/ Reeves)

Reactions: RUBABY15
ADVERTISEMENT