ADVERTISEMENT

2023-24 Coaching Carousel

Diaz getting another chance in the ACC. Miami seemed like the perfect fit for him and if he wasn't good enough there I wonder about Duke but we'll see.

Narduzzi reaching down to the lower levels for OC. You can sometimes find good ones down there.

More on the WCU coach to Pitt and USC hiring the NDSU head coach. He’ll stay with NDSU through the FCS playoffs.

Joe Rosie leaving Minnesota to be MSU DC

Since Jim Leonhard didn’t end up at USC, wonder if PSU might go for him. He wants to be HC too and PSU coordinators have had a good history of getting HC spots at the G5 or P5 level.

Does it seem like Fleck loses more of his coordinators to other conference schools?
Robb Smith was let go iirc and he lost KC twice to PSU (who fired him after a year) and then us (Minn rehired him from WVU where he was an analyst iirc). He has lost Rossi now to MSU.

Reactions: Knight Shift

I think that could be a significant loss for Fritz. Nagle took over the playcalling last year and was officially OC this year, two best seasons Fritz had at Tulane.

How many OC’s does Franklin need to go through before people realize maybe the OC isn’t the problem? Last one to have success left to HC at Old Dominion petty long time ago
Moorhead did fine for them too and he left to Miss St. Donovan, the one he brought with him from Vandy sucked. KC was there for a year. Yurcich was there for 3 and they put up points with him. So 2 left for HC spots and 3 were let go. PSU hasn't had really good passers imo so it's harder to be explosive without them. Frankly, I'd say that's true for most of the B10. Same in the WR department. At least until the west coast schools jump on.

I think with Kotelnicki might help with that. Kansas has been pretty good with getting bigger plays with their misdirection and motion. They run the ball too but not in smashmouth sort of way all the time and that might suit Franklin's recruiting. They often have good speedy RBs who might be able to break big ones when the defense is fooled or out of position.

Reactions: Knight Shift
At one time Belk was considered an upcomer and HC material. Between the UCLA DC, NDSU HC and Houston DC, Riley seems to be putting together a solid staff on defense. We’ll see if what looks good on paper materializes in practice.

Did he call plays or did Kill
I dont know because I don’t watch NMSU much but I did see some of the Auburn game. I didn’t get that impression from what I remember. I don’t think he called plays at Minnesota either as HC.

I dont know because I don’t watch NMSU much but I did see some of the Auburn game. I didn’t get that impression from what I remember. I don’t think he called plays at Minnesota either as HC.
I watched them a few times this year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT