ADVERTISEMENT

2024 4-Star PG Del Jones

PointGuardEyes

Redshirt
Jun 10, 2021
2024 Del Jones is a 4-star PG who was offered by Rutgers back in July of 2022. He's originally from the DC/MD/VA area, but spent his junior season at Huntington Prep (WV). He has announced that he will play at AZ Compass Prep (AZ) for his senior year. ESPN currently has him slated as the 58th best prospect in the class of 2024. Jones plays with Team Durant (MD) on the Nike EYBL circuit during the spring/summer. On the recruiting front, he has also been offered by the likes of Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Providence, WVU, Ole Miss, Xavier, Miss St., Arizona St., and more.

Just wanted to drop this newly published player evaluation for you guys if you were interested in learning more about him. The breakdown has 80 total film clips for you to visualize his skillset.

Del Jones Player Evaluation

Last edited:
2024 Del Jones is a 4-star PG who was offered by Rutgers back in July of 2022. He's originally from the DC/MD/VA area, but spent his junior season at Huntington Prep (WV). He has announced that he will play at AZ Compass Prep (AZ) for his senior year. ESPN currently has him slated as the 58th best prospect in the class of 2024. Jones plays with Team Durant (MD) on the Nike EYBL circuit during the spring/summer. On the recruiting front, he has also been offered by the likes of Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Providence, WVU, Ole Miss, Xavier, Miss St., Arizona St., and more.

Just wanted to drop this newly published player evaluation for you guys if you were interested in learning more about him. The breakdown has 80 total film clips for you to visualize his skillset.

You’d have more traffic from us if it was a kid who’s committed or signed to us then a kid we prob don’t have a shot with

That’s logical. But I’m curious to know why you don’t think you have a shot at Jones when you’ve already secured a hard commit from who some consider to be the best prospect in the class (Ace Bailey). Plus, from what I understand (I’m no recruiting expert), you’re a legitimate contender for another top prospect in Dylan Harper, and you just lost Dellquan Warren (de-committed), who was a 4-star PG like Jones. I just assumed, at the very least, you would be interested to know about the guys your staff is recruiting. Whether they are actively doing so (again, I’m no expert) is another question. In any event, thanks for the reply!

You came here …….. looks at screen name and hyperlink ………to get clicks to your website. You don’t care if we learn anything about that kid.

Reactions: RUAir-Raid
You came here …….. looks at screen name and hyperlink ………to get clicks to your website. You don’t care if we learn anything about that kid.
I'm sorry you feel that way. The site is free and does not benefit from visits in any way. However, it sounds like I should refrain from posting player evaluations on this message board. Apologies for the inconvenience guys. Good luck next season.

Reactions: Ru7580
I’m I’m all about people making money. Be upfront with it. Hey I’m running this evaluation site. Really good info on recruits. Take a look.
Don’t try to act like you’re doing me a favor by posting it. Acting like clicks aren’t tied to exposure tied to ad revenue and etc. I wish you luck with the website!

I'm sorry you feel that way. The site is free and does not benefit from visits in any way. However, it sounds like I should refrain from posting player evaluations on this message board. Apologies for the inconvenience guys. Good luck next season.
No, I don’t mind the evaluations. I just meant for you that people here are going to see this as you looking for views - instead of linking maybe Jamichael Davis page instead.

Reactions: gigantor1024

Looks like excellent stuff. I really like what you're doing there.
Would have loved to see this on Griffiths or Davis.
Have you considered doing the same sort of thing for portal guys?

Reactions: jvgrad02
I’m I’m all about people making money. Be upfront with it. Hey I’m running this evaluation site. Really good info on recruits. Take a look.
Don’t try to act like you’re doing me a favor by posting it. Acting like clicks aren’t tied to exposure tied to ad revenue and etc. I wish you luck with the website!
I understand. I appreciate your candidness. Clicks are def linked to exposure, but not ad revenue. There are no ads on the site. No favors either. Just trying to provide info on Rutgers recruits. Thanks for the well wishes.

Reactions: jvgrad02 and Ru7580
No, I don’t mind the evaluations. I just meant for you that people here are going to see this as you looking for views - instead of linking maybe Jamichael Davis page instead.
Understood. Next time I post here, I’ll be sure the player is more relevant. I understand an offer doesn’t always equal relevance. Like I said, I’m no recruiting expert so I don’t have insider info on who’s leaning where. I do know that Rutgers were in earlier than the other Power 5s on this kid, but I don’t know where they stand as of now.

Reactions: jvgrad02 and Ru7580
Looks like excellent stuff. I really like what you're doing there.
Would have loved to see this on Griffiths or Davis.
Have you considered doing the same sort of thing for portal guys?
Thank you! Yes, I’ve considered doing so on the portal guys. It’s really a matter of time and resources. Appreciate the feedback!

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I think you guys are being a little petty. It's not that serious, lol.

Don’t listen to these guys, appreciate you posting. As RU fans I think we are largely unfamiliar with the idea that highly-rated kids are going to come here, and up until recently there was every reason to feel that way. As an RU fan and someone who just general enjoys college basketball, I appreciate your post. Keep up the good work.

Don’t listen to these guys, appreciate you posting. As RU fans I think we are largely unfamiliar with the idea that highly-rated kids are going to come here, and up until recently there was every reason to feel that way. As an RU fan and someone who just general enjoys college basketball, I appreciate your post. Keep up the good work.
I appreciate that! Thank you for the kind words!

Reactions: Ru7580
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT