ADVERTISEMENT

22/23 B1G News Thread

Zak57

All American
Jul 5, 2011
Figured this could be used to discuss other B1G team news that will impact Rutgers during the season so the board doesn't get too cluttered.

Michigan announced they lost their starting PG Jaelin Llewellyn for the rest of the year due to a torn ACL. This was the guard from Princeton some wanted.

good idea--also as an "expert" on these boards has said- --no one's crying for the , lol

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Figured this could be used to discuss other B1G team news that will impact Rutgers during the season so the board doesn't get too cluttered.

Michigan announced they lost their starting PG Jaelin Llewellyn for the rest of the year due to a torn ACL. This was the guard from Princeton some wanted.
Oh wow big loss it would seem. Anyone following Michigan close enough to break down their remaining PG options?

Oh wow big loss it would seem. Anyone following Michigan close enough to break down their remaining PG options?
I don’t follow them, but I did look at their roster. They have a freshman point guard, #66 overall in the class, who had been playing about 14 minutes per game prior to Llewellyn’s injury. I assume he will step up, and that based on their respective performances, the loss won’t be that great, except in terms of depth.

Dug McDaniel, little 5'8" dude who has been really really inefficient so far. He's quick as hell and can get to the rim but can't really shoot.

A lot resting on Kobe Bufkin's shoulders right now. They were already thin in the backcourt, now they're really hurting.

It sucks we don't play Michigan twice but it's mandatory to take care of business against them at home now. Maybe by February 23 Hunter Dickinson and Jett Howard will bench themselves to stay healthy for the draft (lol)

I looked at the Michigan box scores of their losses to Virginia and Kentucky. Howard used his typical rotation of five starters playing ~30+ minutes each with limited bench contributions. Losing Llewllyn will really challenge their depth. Michigan appears to have a favorable B1G schedule, with only one game against Purdue (home), Illinois (away), Rutgers (away), Iowa (away), Ohio State (home), and Nebraska (home). The only preseason top contenders they play twice are Indiana and Michigan State.

Apparently Kris Murray was spotted in a walking boot. Lots of buzz that he's potentially out tonight for the Iowa vs. Iowa State game.

Iowa board fans were down on their team before any Murray news. If he misses a meaningful number of games, they could be in for a rough season by Hawkeye standards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT