ADVERTISEMENT

7th Verbal of the Class- Colin Wade out of Fla

Do they still give the tests in the spring after acceptance letters are set out? I can't see a 3 jeopardizing someone's admission. If they get a 1 or a 2 my guess would be their grade in the course would also be problematic. I just remember my Dad's "Jesus Christ $50 per exam!" followed 3 1/2 later when I landed a spot working Building and Grounds for the fall quarter my saying "Yo Dad, remember those $50 tests?"
Sorry i did not mean to imply that a three would preclude a students from admission to any school. What I meant was that the school would not give that student credit for that course. (Which is generally the point of taking the test. for example my daughter took 6 AP test and got 5's on all of them so she received 18 credits plus 3 for the college course she took. so she entered Rutgers as a sophomore. grades do not always reflect the child's grade in the course (grade inflation)

Reactions: jreinsdorf
I would argue against taking the test unless they are really good in the subject area. any student would need a 5 to have a reasonable chance for most colleges to accept the score few high academic schools take anything below a 4 and some require 5's if it is in their major field. the grade is the key as is the fact that they took the AP class. I know a current 2023 that was not admitted to a school with a near 4.0 but because he did not take any AP classes. I academic part of this is very competitive and any advantage you can get is helpful.
Our school forces the kids to take the AP test for all AP classes they enroll in. But they don't have to report scores they don't want to so no big deal aside from the added expense.

Our school forces the kids to take the AP test for all AP classes they enroll in. But they don't have to report scores they don't want to so no big deal aside from the added expense.
yeah, some schools do that and actually no one has to report their scores. I say do not take the test to alleviate some of the added pressure unless of course, you are going to use it as a course replacement then take the test and save the money.

Those Mason Bader clips are impressive. That kid fills a stat sheet. Really like this guy

Love his tape. I can't figure out if he's a right or lefty. Quick and shifty. Multi sport athlete like almost every Brecht recruit now.

I have seen a couple of the 91 teams play and the Carolina 26's were pretty good, no exposure to the 24s.

I saw 91 Maryland and DC Express 25's play and it was a hell of a faceoff battle. 91 has a kid, Griff Meyer, that is just a bulldog, shorter, built like a truck and aggressive. DC Express's kid was taller and a heck of an athlete himself who put up a good fight but I think finished with the lower percentage. I am sure either would be a great get for RU.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT