ADVERTISEMENT

8-0 start heading into game vs #1 Michigan State in East Lansing

On December 14th our post season fate will be in pencil (with bart spread)......
St. Bonaventure in Canada -5
Pitt in Pittsburgh +2 1/2
Wisconsin at home - 1 1/2
Seton Hall at home -2

Assuming a loss to MSU (which I don't really assume) there are 4 games with the bartovik point spread is close.

11-0 top 25
10-1 post season hopes VERY strong
9-2 expectation unchanged from where they are now
8-3 slightly disappointing, but still have hopes/dreams
7-4 start thinking about improving through out the year and look towards '20-21
6-5 momentum of the programat best stalled.

Don't want to be too dramatic. Think last year....stupid shot vs. Iowa...Eugene gets hurt....Issa doesn't get through 2 screens, etc.

Much different NIT vs. NCAA. 9-2 has us looking at an NCAA bid because it means we beat 2 (probably) of Pitt, Wisconsin, MSU, and SHU.

I'm expecting 8-3 (meaning 1-3 in those games, or 2-2 in those but with a loss to Bonaventure or UMass) or 7-4 (0-4 in those games) and we can still make an NIT run from there.

I know it isn't apples to apples....I'll bet in any given year the band between the last NIT at large and the last NCAA team is 2 wins.

Said in another way take the last NCAA team and take 3 wins away and they aren't in the NIT.

Very generic yes because which wins you take are important, but your fate can really come down to 2-3 possessions.

Last year 1 lucky shot kept us from finishing in 8th place (no one needs to know tied with 1/2 the leaGUE)) in the B1G

Reactions: kcg88
I know it isn't apples to apples....I'll bet in any given year the band between the last NIT at large and the last NCAA team is 2 wins.

Said in another way take the last NCAA team and take 3 wins away and they aren't in the NIT.

Very generic yes because which wins you take are important, but your fate can really come down to 2-3 possessions.

Last year 1 lucky shot kept us from finishing in 8th place (no one needs to know tied with 1/2 the leaGUE)) in the B1G

Agreed. With 3 possessions changing we could've been 10-10 (Wieskamp misses, McConnell or Johnson puts it in against PSU, Illinois misses one of their 3-pointers in the OT game).

Of course Ohio State, Minnesota, and Northwestern had decent looks to beat us late or at least force OT, so we could've been anywhere from 4-16 to 10-10 based on about 6-8 possessions.

One thing to watch for this year is if we can win more conference games by 5+. Four of our seven wins were by 4 or fewer points last year. Only two of our thirteen losses came by 4 or fewer.

Many SHU fans are bragging that SHU will win this game easily. We shall see soon enough.

I haven't seen that anywhere. Any SHU fan who knows his/her history and what the RAC is like has to be worried about this game, particularly with a national ranking on the line. What you are seeing is one unhinged lunatic predicting RU to "wreck" SHU and supporting it with delusional comparisons and statistics; then you have the SHU fans laughing at him.

I haven't seen that anywhere. Any SHU fan who knows his/her history and what the RAC is like has to be worried about this game, particularly with a national ranking on the line. What you are seeing is one unhinged lunatic predicting RU to "wreck" SHU and supporting it with delusional comparisons and statistics; then you have the SHU fans laughing at him.
Bart has us as the favorites in that game so you lose any credibility with the unhinged lunatic line. RU is on the rise and about to be the ones laughing

I really think this team is HUNGRY...and if that hunger translates to defense getting better and better...9-2 is a pretty good shot and 10-1 is a possibility

Greene...if we start 11-0....we won’t be top 25....try top 15. Maybe top 10

Last edited:
Andy Katz on NCAA.com posted on 10/21/19 had a story on "11 college basketball teams we're not talking about enough" ......#11 St. Bonaventure ....Bonnies will be a good test.

Donnie, You should watch the SHU boards more closely. Several SHU fans claim RU is the bottom of the BIG and that we will never be good. Several constantly are ripping RU and that the game will be an easy win for SHU. We shall see.

Time to come out with full effort and all business from the opening tip against Bryant 20 days there and get to 8-0 heading out to play Sparti.

It can ...and I’ll dare to say it...it should happen
I’ll take 5-3 but most likely 4-4 going into MSU.

MSU got hammered in a scrimmage against Gonzaga
Most of the time scores in scrimmages are misleading, was MSU working on something specific? were they trying to figure out a rotation? there are lots of reasons why MSU maybe did not do well in the scrimmage The very nature of winning or losing a scrimmage is ridiculous. You generally play scrimmages work on specific things within the confines of a game-like situation. Anyone who talks about winning or losing a scrimmage is missing the point of a scrimmage.

5 games where we are 20 point favorites.
NJIT 12 point favorites
SB 5 point favorites
Pitt is close to a pick em

For us to win 4
Geo would need to hang with Sam Darnold
Myles would need to skip games to focus on Engineering classes
RHJ would have to sign with the Weschester Knicks
Yeboah would have to visit England at Thanksgiving and Trump not let him back in the country
Jacob Young hurts his hamstring racing Mathis to see who is faster
and the RAC would be deemed unplayable because of a sinkhole

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT