ADVERTISEMENT

A Few Fun Facts on FDU

StevieB160

Junior
Oct 12, 2007
As an NEC follower, a few notes:

- Fairleigh Dickinson was a person who served the country in both World War I and II

- FDU plays in the NEC which was ranked as their worst conference in the country this season by basically all metrics. It was the worst season for the conference in the league's history.

- FDU won 4 overall games last season but won 5 conference games (COVID!)

- FDU was the only team in the country last year to get knocked out of their conference tournament in FEBRUARY. They didn't even play a game in the month of March last year.

- FDU was the lowest ranked team in the NET rankings in the NCAA Tournament this year (The only team over 300).

- FDU was up in their confernce tournament title game 66-59 with 2:56 but melted down and didn't score another point.

- FDU lost a game this year to the team ranked 363 of 363 in the NET - Hartford (who is leaving for D3 but beat FDU by 8 points on their way out).

- FDU also beat the 362 of 363 team by one point.

- FDU is really the first 16 seed to beat a 1. UMBC was really a 15 seed who beat a 1 since they weren't in the play-in and would have been a 15 seed in most of tournament history

Last edited:
- Between February 23 and March 4, FDU played 4 games in a row against teams named Saint Francis
- FDU's cheerleaders are so ugly, the FDU cheerleading homepage includes photos of FDU golfers and tennis players but has no photos of FDU cheerleaders

- Between February 23 and March 4, FDU played 4 games in a row against teams named Saint Francis
- FDU's cheerleaders are so ugly, the FDU cheerleading homepage includes photos of FDU golfers and tennis players but has no photos of FDU cheerleaders
Yes, we love our Saint Francis's in the NEC but 4 games in a row might be a record!

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Two campuses right Teaneck and Madison ?? Is it like a rutgers New Brunswick and Newark situation ?

- Fairleigh Dickinson was a person who served the country in both World War I and II

- FDU plays in the NEC which was ranked as their worst conference in the country this season by basically all metrics. It was the worst season for the conference in the league's history.

- FDU was the only team in the country last year to get knocked out of their conference tournament in FEBRUARY. They didn't even play a game in the month of March last year.

- FDU was the lowest ranked team in the NET rankings in the NCAA Tournament this year (The only team over 300).

- FDU was up in their confernce tournament title game 66-59 with 2:56 but melted down and didn't score another point.

- FDU lost a game this year to the team ranked 363 of 363 in the NET - Hartford (who is leaving for D3 but beat FDU by 8 points on their way out).

- FDU is really the first 16 seed to beat a 1. UMBC was really a 15 seed who beat a 1 since they weren't in the play-in and would have been a 15 seed in most of tournament history
So you’re saying it was a fluke of epic proportions?

I wasn't surprised when they said their coach was from Iowa. He looks like he could be Chris Ash's brother. But with more success.

Two campuses right Teaneck and Madison ?? Is it like a rutgers New Brunswick and Newark situation ?
The main campus is the Metropolitan Campus which spans Teaneck/Hackensack like Rutgers in New Brunswick/Piscataway. The Rutherford Campus was closed or sold off. The Madison Campus is the little sister like Newark or Camden. FDU had a small campus in the Virgin Islands (St. Croix), but shut it down years ago.

Based on your comments FDU stinks but somehow they found a way to defeat the best team in the B1G TEN with a roster that averaged 6'1'' in height. The talent level of players in the B1G TEN was over rated this season.Purdue had Edey and the rest of the team were complementary type players who showed flaws when opponents used a full court press.The lack of 3 point shooters was the main reason so many league games were decided by less than five points.Some say parity but others say mediocrity.

Based on your comments FDU stinks but somehow they found a way to defeat the best team in the B1G TEN with a roster that averaged 6'1'' in height. The talent level of players in the B1G TEN was over rated this season.Purdue had Edey and the rest of the team were complementary type players who showed flaws when opponents used a full court press.The lack of 3 point shooters was the main reason so many league games were decided by less than five points.Some say parity but others say mediocrity.
They beat the big east champs and Duke. Stop

Lol,. Bruh, be honest , you wouldn’t kick any of them outta bed

St Thomas Aquinas record this year 26-5
Tobin Anderson
21-22 28-5, 17-1
20-21 14-2, 9-1
19-20 25-5, 13-3
18-19 25-7, 15-3
17-18 26-7, 15-3
16-17 28-6, 15-3
15-16 27-5, 18-2
14-15 21-11, 17-3
13-14 15-14, 9-11
209-62, conference 128-30

I think FDU hired a hidden gem. Coach is successful 8 years at the D2 level, made the tournament 7 straight years, 3 S16 and an Elite 8.

Two guys, Roberts and Singleton, he brought with him 5th year seniors, shot 47% and 46.5% last year, both 90% from the line. Very experienced guys in tournament settings. Also has a Freshman, Sean Moore, from that 21-22 28-5 team. StA didn't miss a beat after the coach and players left this year. Pretty impressive

they should stop seeding the teams and just pick matchups out of a barrel.
That's basically what they're doing. Seedings are for the public, gamblers, and propping up ESPN's favored programs. They're also fodder for talking head gasbags to yap about "upsets" between commercials for drugs, insurance, cell phones, and credit cards.

I think I remember that FDU had the most graduates in the 1990 (wide right) Super Bowl. The Giants had a program at FDU Madison for guys to go back and finish their degrees. I remember an interview about it with Stacy Robinson about it.

I think I remember that FDU had the most graduates in the 1990 (wide right) Super Bowl. The Giants had a program at FDU Madison for guys to go back and finish their degrees. I remember an interview about it with Stacy Robinson about it.
I used to play golf occasionally with the guy that created/ran that program. He's from Bergen County and I believe it was at the Teaneck/Hackensack/Rutherford campus because of that. I am getting older and could be wrong but don't recall him ever talking about Madison campus.

I used to play golf occasionally with the guy that created/ran that program. He's from Bergen County and I believe it was at the Teaneck/Hackensack/Rutherford campus because of that. I am getting older and could be wrong but don't recall him ever talking about Madison campus.
Could be. My memory isn’t what it used to be. At least you confirmed that I didn’t imagine it lol.

FDU rarely draws 1000 fans for its basketball game, despite having what I believe to be the largest undergrad enrollment of any private university in the state. Perhaps that will change next year.

Interview with the coach on Sirius , he said he really didn’t think they would win until they went up 5 with 2 minutes left on that 3

Ugly cheerleaders. What a sad little man.

Reactions: pigmasty83

Also gets a shout out in Eddie and the Cruisers…though Madison campus

FDU rarely draws 1000 fans for its basketball game, despite having what I believe to be the largest undergrad enrollment of any private university in the state. Perhaps that will change next year.
The Jamboree (Bergen County basketball tourney) holds the semi-finals and final at the Rotham Center (FDU-Hackensack) and draws 4000+ fans.

Reactions: Section124
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT