ADVERTISEMENT

Alijah Clark to Tundra

And isn't it their job to try to convince players they want to stay? He threatened him? Muscled him? What's that mean.
Of course it is but it wasn’t done the right way. Only Clark and the staff knows what was said and what tarnished the relationship.

"muscled him" - that's so cute. Now run back to your board and talk about us.

Gave us the game? Sorry, we won. In fact, we've won 7 out of the last 10 against you.
A shanked punt that gave up a TD, a fumble that wasn’t a fumble that took away a potential TD. Schiano screaming at the refs for 10 mins. Total yards was Cuse 258 to rutgers 195. That qualifies as giving the game away in my book. Good win for you though. I see growth

Of course it is but it wasn’t done the right way. Only Clark and the staff knows what was said and what tarnished the relationship.
only Clark and the staff know if it was Alijah feeling he was dropping down on the depth chart that had him go to the portal in an effort to find a program he felt he's get more playing time .

Syracuse picked up someone that showed a lot of potential as a high school player in Clark
But a lot of potential good players coming out of HS don't live up to their billing when they move up to college ball .
Then transfer from the program they signed out of HS with to a lesser program in order to find playing time.

only Clark and the staff know if it was Alijah feeling he was dropping down on the depth chart that had him go to the portal in an effort to find a program he felt he's get more playing time .

Syracuse picked up someone that showed a lot of potential as a high school player in Clark
But a lot of potential good players coming out of HS don't live up to their billing when they move up to college ball .
Then transfer from the program they signed out of HS with to a lesser program in order to find playing time.
Wasnt he hurt for the last 6 games? He probably won’t start at Cuse for a couple years. Two good corners come back and a secondary that was part of a top 20 defense. He might be able to take the FS spot but the returning starter is not a bum. Clark had a better chance to start at Rutgers.

What do you expect? I try to be respectful here on your board and have fun on the Cuse board. Just like you guys poke fun here. It’s suppose to be sour grapes on both ends. If you don’t like the board then don’t go there. It’s for Cuse fans.
I visit your board occasionally when we have things like recruits in common, the commits, decommits, etc, not under my handle
here, however.

I did not say I don't like your board at any point, just that, when RU has some bad news, the reaction of the fans here is exaggerated and not true

I enjoy your Rutgers dumpster fire thread.... it must really annoy the fans that your teams have not had the upper hand when we meet.

I welcome visitors from other boards, I would hope to be welcome there

Reactions: money3189
I visit your board occasionally when we have things like recruits in common, the commits, decommits, etc, not under my handle
here, however.

I did not say I don't like your board at any point, just that, when RU has some bad news, the reaction of the fans here is exaggerated and not true

I enjoy your Rutgers dumpster fire thread.... it must really annoy the fans that your teams have not had the upper hand when we meet.

I welcome visitors from other boards, I would hope to be welcome there
Most of the forum fans don’t care and never considered rutgers a rivalry but it does bother them that rutgers have won more as of late. I have history on this board and a mutual respect so some of the members here. I don’t come as often as I used to.

A shanked punt that gave up a TD, a fumble that wasn’t a fumble that took away a potential TD. Schiano screaming at the refs for 10 mins. Total yards was Cuse 258 to rutgers 195. That qualifies as giving the game away in my book. Good win for you though. I see growth
...has cuse ever lost a game because another team made plays and beat them? I know all fanbases make remarks like this but I seriously get a kick out of how cuse message board fans absolutely refuse to give Rutgers credit for anything besides the most backhanded of compliments, and any time we've beaten cuse it's simply because cuse 'gave the game away', as if Rutgers played a flawless masterpiece and was lucky cuse made mistakes.

Joe P.

...has cuse ever lost a game because another team made plays and beat them? I know all fanbases make remarks like this but I seriously get a kick out of how cuse message board fans absolutely refuse to give Rutgers credit for anything besides the most backhanded of compliments, and any time we've beaten cuse it's simply because cuse 'gave the game away', as if Rutgers played a flawless masterpiece and was lucky cuse made mistakes.

Joe P.
You beat Cuse during the G rob era just like every other team did. I don’t see any Cuse fans not giving credit to those teams. Those were flat out losses. The only game they might talk about is 2011. When the RB Antwon Bailey fumbled before the winning drive.

You beat Cuse during the G rob era just like every other team did. I don’t see any Cuse fans not giving credit to those teams. Those were flat out losses. The only game they might talk about is 2011. When the RB Antwon Bailey fumbled before the winning drive.
I've seen cuse fans talk about the 2012 game with cuse having more yards on offense but they forget to mention the game was 23-7 in the 4th quarter (and we dropped another sure TD pass at the goal line and then I think missed a FG) with cuse trying to mount a comeback (final was 23-15). With this past season's game we also dropped a TD pass and our passing game was, well, 'limited' to put it mildly. It wasn't like cuse was dominating the game but messed up and Rutgers played mistake-free ball.

Joe P.

Reactions: BoogieKnight
I've seen cuse fans talk about the 2012 game with cuse having more yards on offense but they forget to mention the game was 23-7 in the 4th quarter (and we dropped another sure TD pass at the goal line and then I think missed a FG) with cuse trying to mount a comeback (final was 23-15). With this past season's game we also dropped a TD pass and our passing game was, well, 'limited' to put it mildly. It wasn't like cuse was dominating the game but messed up and Rutgers played mistake-free ball.

Joe P.
I’m not Cuse fans. I’m me but you are right. It wasn’t a dominating performance but they fought back and was in position to win.

Oh the old “we had more yards than you so we really won” routine. Just like 2012. But the game was in the “dreaded” “Loud House” so SU was supposed to have a major advantage. I can see blaming the refs if it was a one possession game down to the wire. The blame the refs argument kind of falls flat in a 10-point win IMO. But I expect nothing less from the miserable, shitty human beings on the SU board, namely Brian and Tom.

In the grand scheme of CFB, both programs suck and are irrelevant. No idea why you would say “FU Rutgers” when the kid announced his transfer destination. You’re making it out like he was being detained in a Vietnamese prison camp with “Shady” and Fran Brown water boarding him every night. Quit the melodrama. Its 2022…the kid could have walked whenever he wanted. And I’ll bet Syracuse isn’t the last school this kid suits up for.

Last edited:
Reactions: sct1111
Oh the old “we had more yards than you so we really won” routine. Just like 2012. But the game was in the “dreaded” “Loud House” so SU was supposed to have a major advantage. I can see blaming the refs if it was a one possession game down to the wire. The blame the refs argument kind of falls flat in a 10-point win IMO. But I expect nothing less from the miserable, shitty human beings on the SU board, namely Brian and Tom.

In the grand scheme of CFB, both programs suck and are irrelevant. No idea why you would say “FU Rutgers” when the kid announced his transfer destination. You’re making it out like he was being detained in a Vietnamese prison camp with “Shady” and Fran Brown water boarding him every night. Quit the melodrama. Its 2022…the kid could have walked whenever he wanted. And I’ll bet Syracuse isn’t the last school this kid suits up for.
I have reasons to say that based on what I know. Keep in mind he wanted to hit the portal months ago. Rutgers won. Stop worrying about what Cuse fans think. I didn’t say rutgers didn’t deserve it. Cuse was terrible on special teams all year. It cost them 3 games.

People are proving how much Cuse is on their minds. Going to the forum and reading comments. I already knew that. Lol. My question is why would you go to that site expecting to see people praising rutgers. I don’t expect good sentiments here. I’ve heard a lot of bad things towards SU.

Purdue at Syracuse Sept 17th will be interesting... Hope Purdue represents the B1G well.. Purdue QB Aidan O'Connell is no slouch and is returning for his extra covid year, and should provide a nice challenge to the Syracuse secondary and defense.

Reactions: Knight Shift
And Rutgers had a 11 win season 15 years ago. No more than 7 wins for 30 years prior.
yep and I wasn't making like RU was a good program recently

kYearConfWLTPctWLTPctSRSSOSAP PreAP HighAP PostCoach(es)BowlNotes
12021ACC57.417260.250-0.171.74Dino Babers (5-7)
22020ACC1100.091190.100-12.921.53Dino Babers (1-10)
32019ACC570.417260.250-2.79-0.622221Dino Babers (5-7)
42018ACC1030.769620.75012.141.301215Dino Babers (10-3)Camping World Bowl-W
52017ACC480.333260.2501.965.80Dino Babers (4-8)
62016ACC480.333260.250-4.514.57Dino Babers (4-8)
72015ACC480.333260.250-1.513.91Scott Shafer (4-8)
82014ACC390.2501

Rutgers wasn't a winner either, but I didn't try to imply they were, like you did with your 10 win comment

I have reasons to say that based on what I know. Keep in mind he wanted to hit the portal months ago. Rutgers won. Stop worrying about what Cuse fans think. I didn’t say rutgers didn’t deserve it. Cuse was terrible on special teams all year. It cost them 3 games.

People are proving how much Cuse is on their minds. Going to the forum and reading comments. I already knew that. Lol. My question is why would you go to that site expecting to see people praising rutgers. I don’t expect good sentiments here. I’ve heard a lot of bad things towards SU.
Rutgers fans and Syracuse fans will be busting each other's balls as long both fan-bases remember the rivalry both fan-bases refused to acknowledge back in the BE days.
But mention either school on the other's board ( even now)and you won't see many kumbaya posts to each other.

I belive Syracuse comes in a close second to Penn St. as the most disliked school on this board and just squeaked bye UConn as the most disliked back when all three were in Big East.

Reactions: money3189
Gotta admit that money3189 is right... From what I recall, the only school that seems to get its balls busted in here as much or more than Syracuse does is probably PSU..... Seton Hall and Michigan may be in the mix too... Did I forget anybody?
I can guarantee you that Syracuse is mentioned here far, far less than RU discussed on the Cuse board

Our discussions here of other programs would be typical of any fan base while their RU discussion on the Cuse board is borderline obsessive

Omg cuse fans...

regina-george-mean-girls.gif

Now we can all move on and Syracuse is a good spot for him.

Between the comments from his camp in various posts and (my perceived) subtweets from other figure, I take it that Clark assumed he'd be given the starting job. Unfortunately not only did Kessawn Abraham blossom. To add insult to injury he took ownership of the #5 jersey he covets so much.

It's a loss for Rutgers, but we need to move on with the infatuation with Stars/rankings.

Clark was a 4 Star and top 5 recruit in NJ at the time. Which his camp always feels the need to bring up.

But Max Melton was the 23rd ranked recruit in NJ and is a future star. Kessawn Abraham was the 19th ranked recruit in NY and just finished the season as a 1st Team all Big-Ten player. Christian Izien was the 18th ranked recruit the same year as Abraham. Trey Avery was the 21st ranked recruit in MD. Avery Young was the 30th ranked recruit in PA. Longerbeam the 26th ranked recruit out of VA.

All are either starting or probably in the 2 deep next year for a competitive Big Ten team.

Meaning. I have absolutely no worries with DB development under Schiano.

Unfortunately, some feel entitled to have things handed to them but it is what it is.

With that said Tommy Amankwaa is (in my opinion) the steal of the class. I see him becoming everything we hoped Kiy Hester would become.
You think he will be moved to D?

yep and I wasn't making like RU was a good program recently

kYearConfWLTPctWLTPctSRSSOSAP PreAP HighAP PostCoach(es)BowlNotes
12021ACC57.417260.250-0.171.74Dino Babers (5-7)
22020ACC1100.091190.100-12.921.53Dino Babers (1-10)
32019ACC570.417260.250-2.79-0.622221Dino Babers (5-7)
42018ACC1030.769620.75012.141.301215Dino Babers (10-3)Camping World Bowl-W
52017ACC480.333260.2501.965.80Dino Babers (4-8)
62016ACC480.333260.250-4.514.57Dino Babers (4-8)
72015ACC480.333260.250-1.513.91Scott Shafer (4-8)
82014ACC390.2501

Rutgers wasn't a winner either, but I didn't try to imply they were, like you did with your 10 win comment
Cuse had the most recent 10 win season. What did I say wrong? Lol. I’ve said over and over again that SU is not a good program. I didn’t imply anything. That’s in your head.

This one just smells like there was something relationship wise going on at RU that didn't come out to Clark's liking.

He was going to play and play lots & have a big role. So I don't buy that he left to go somewhere else simply because of that. IF he was every bit of his 4 star ranking he would have the confidence and ability to rise up and take that playing time.

So maybe he felt that he didn't have a great relationship with the coaches to trust that even if he earned it he'd get it.

No idea if any of that is true at all. But the circumstances just seem to be more relationship based , rather than skill or circumstantial for playing time .
Or maybe he didn’t have good relationships with his teammates. Who knows.
I will tell you this when I was at the Gator Bowl I did see Clark standing on the sideline ( in a walking boot) all by himself the whole game.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Or maybe he didn’t have good relationships with his teammates. Who knows.
I will tell you this when I was at the Gator Bowl I did see Clark standing on the sideline ( in a walking boot) all by himself the whole game.
His mother said something about a a coach showing his ass lol nice motherhood luck time to move on boys.

I can guarantee you that Syracuse is mentioned here far, far less than RU discussed on the Cuse board

Our discussions here of other programs would be typical of any fan base while their RU discussion on the Cuse board is borderline obsessive
type in syracuse in the search box. You will see 10 pages of syracuse mentions and that's just from the last two months.

type in syracuse in the search box. You will see 10 pages of syracuse mentions and that's just from the last two months.
We don’t have a 10 year running thread on Cuse here, looking for anything negative

The bulk of the mentions are probably our taking a Cuse recruit this year and Cuse getting a portal transfer from us

if those two things did not happen you would not have much of any mention

of course those two events will be discussed

no excuse for the RU dumpster fire thread, is there?

Reactions: BoogieKnight
Only my opinion, but if it was a relationship issue, it MIGHT be a problem (albeit small unless widespread) for us. If, on the other hand, it was a desire to not compete for playing time, then it's a bigger problem for someone else.

We don’t have a 10 year running thread on Cuse here, looking for anything negative

The bulk of the mentions are probably our taking a Cuse recruit this year and Cuse getting a portal transfer from us

if those two things did not happen you would not have much of any mention

of course those two events will be discussed

no excuse for the RU dumpster fire thread, is there?
I see jabs on syracuse whenever they are mentioned on this board. We like to see them fail just as much. Lets be honest. I dont know why people go over and read stuff. Thats like seeing a crowd of syracuse fans talking and saying how much they dislike rutgers but I still go over to them and listen. Im not going to engage with them if they dont share the same interests as me.

According to the Syracuse board he wanted to renege on his RU commitment last year and was strong armed into staying with us. And again wanting to transfer earlier this year
Of course this conjures up the “Schiano is a bully” posts

I see jabs on syracuse whenever they are mentioned on this board. We like to see them fail just as much. Lets be honest. I dont know why people go over and read stuff. Thats like seeing a crowd of syracuse fans talking and saying how much they dislike rutgers but I still go over to them and listen. Im not going to engage with them if they dont share the same interests as me.
I am being honest
It is far, far worse on their board
Don’t downplay that, it is true

Cuse had the most recent 10 win season. What did I say wrong? Lol. I’ve said over and over again that SU is not a good program. I didn’t imply anything. That’s in your head.
Yes you did, just by putting in the ten win season season recently and leaving out how bad Syracuse has been for a long time..
It was the sin of omission that did you in , whining about getting caught
200.gif

Yes you did, just by putting in the ten win season season recently and leaving out how bad Syracuse has been for a long time..
It was the sin of omission that did you in , whining about getting caught
200.gif
“agree I think a lot of them like to poke fun but both programs haven’t been great in years except SU had a 10 win season recently.”

What I said is true and I didn’t leave out that SU hasn’t been good. Nice try though.

This one just smells like there was something relationship wise going on at RU that didn't come out to Clark's liking.

He was going to play and play lots & have a big role. So I don't buy that he left to go somewhere else simply because of that. IF he was every bit of his 4 star ranking he would have the confidence and ability to rise up and take that playing time.

So maybe he felt that he didn't have a great relationship with the coaches to trust that even if he earned it he'd get it.

No idea if any of that is true at all. But the circumstances just seem to be more relationship based , rather than skill or circumstantial for playing time .
His mom wrote something to that effect on Instagram

Rotted fruit fans are too stupid to realize that they play in a conference that is a step down now. The ACC doesn’t even invest in its network like the B1G does with BTN. Sure sign of being a major conference in name only.

Exactly. And this is why the B1G really should abandon this idiotic scheduling alliance.

“agree I think a lot of them like to poke fun but both programs haven’t been great in years except SU had a 10 win season recently.”

What I said is true and I didn’t leave out that SU hasn’t been good. Nice try though.
Losing seasons every year but that 10 win one doesn't justify your excuse
If you were being honest, you would have said the Syracuse has been pretty lousy for years , but did had one good year recently
So
200.gif

Now we can all move on and Syracuse is a good spot for him.

Between the comments from his camp in various posts and (my perceived) subtweets from other figure, I take it that Clark assumed he'd be given the starting job. Unfortunately not only did Kessawn Abraham blossom. To add insult to injury he took ownership of the #5 jersey he covets so much.

It's a loss for Rutgers, but we need to move on with the infatuation with Stars/rankings.

Clark was a 4 Star and top 5 recruit in NJ at the time. Which his camp always feels the need to bring up.

But Max Melton was the 23rd ranked recruit in NJ and is a future star. Kessawn Abraham was the 19th ranked recruit in NY and just finished the season as a 1st Team all Big-Ten player. Christian Izien was the 18th ranked recruit the same year as Abraham. Trey Avery was the 21st ranked recruit in MD. Avery Young was the 30th ranked recruit in PA. Longerbeam the 26th ranked recruit out of VA.

All are either starting or probably in the 2 deep next year for a competitive Big Ten team.

Meaning. I have absolutely no worries with DB development under Schiano.

Unfortunately, some feel entitled to have things handed to them but it is what it is.

With that said Tommy Amankwaa is (in my opinion) the steal of the class. I see him becoming everything we hoped Kiy Hester would become.

Great Post.

Money you don't mention we don't even get a full share yet and you have been getting a full share for a good amount of time. And we beat you when Babers has been there what 6 years? Greg two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT