ADVERTISEMENT

Announcer Bill Walton calling Big Ten games

Mr_Twister

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2004
It should be interesting to listen to Bill Walton when he transitions to the Big Ten. I’m guessing when he calls his first Rutgers/UCLA game he‘s gonna get the Matt Millen treatment here. It shouldn’t take a game or two for him to connect NJ and Joanne Chesimard in his game commentary.

It should be interesting to listen to Bill Walton when he transitions to the Big Ten. I’m guessing when he calls his first Rutgers/UCLA game he‘s gonna get the Matt Millen treatment here. It shouldn’t take a game or two for him to connect NJ and Joanne Chesimard in his game commentary.
Maybe he’ll discuss marijuana dispensaries in CA v NJ. Compare Prices, quality, etc.

He’ll be opining still about the pac-12 being the conference of champions and Kareem for the next decade. He’s hilarious to listen to once in a while, but not my favorite color guy.

Man I still can't decide if I like him or not. Been undecided for decades, ha. Overall, I'd say yes. I like him. But man. Ha.

Walton can be very entertaining but I never want him to cover a game I’m invested in and I certainly dont ever want him to cover a Rutgers game. His entertainment value has nothing to do with what is actually happening on the court!

If it's your favorite team and you want actual bball analysis and the on court game discussed, Bill is not the man and can be frustrating I'd imagine

If you're watching some random game and don't really care and/or the game isn't close... Bill is entertaining
He's also probably higher than giraffe snatch.

• Haha
Reactions: bIhawk
It's really funny when the play by play guy just ignores him when he goes off on some crazy tangent when he is trying to focus on plays in the game.

Reactions: bIhawk and motel00
It's really funny when the play by play guy just ignores him when he goes off on some crazy tangent when he is trying to focus on plays in the game.
It’s entertaining once or twice a year when you’re watching a game but not really watching a game.

You get a couple snippets that make you chuckle.

When I lived I SoCal I game to straight up hate the dude. The nonsense he would said during games started driving me nuts because he’d be on all the time in prime time normal hours.

He was amazing on NBC with Steve snapper jones. Haven’t heard him in awhile but I would love to hear him again

He was amazing on NBC with Steve snapper jones. Haven’t heard him in awhile but I would love to hear him again
he's nothing like he was then. Now he's a total clown show and talks about everything except the game he is broadcasting

Reactions: motorb54
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT