ADVERTISEMENT

Are we 52 weeks away from RU having their name called on selection Sunday?

Oh...by the way...memo to the big ten...

NO Michigan state in November and december

How about some mid level teams to start
How about not starting the B1G conference games until January. This still would work fine for league play. There's plenty of time as we have seen by this past season.
For some reason everything is a week late in 2019
NCAA traditionally start this past weekend

Next year should be the year. I expect a harder OOC schedule, but still a lot of wins.

Think about what we saw next year. The talent, size, and skill of many of our freshman are greater and more consistent than we have seen as fans in the past five years.

Reactions: RUDead
The goal should be the NCAA but if we fall short, the NIT will happen. I think Mulcahys presence is the difference maker but this is his first year so plenty of growing pains will happen.

Regardless of NCAA or NIT, the reason we should all be excited is that the 2020 recruiting class will have at least 4 openings and the post season appearance should translate to landing upgraded talent. We have upgraded talent now but I think it ticks up to new level we’ve never experienced at Rutgers.

Great get for us! I had a good feeling Pikes was going to close this one. Got a little worried when Young left for FU. I know he was the lead recruiter on Yeboah at Stony Brook. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves on dancing next year, but no question this team will be fun to watch & may be a great national story!

Well, for what it's worth..... We won't be breaking in five players next year who hadn't played in the B1G (Carter, Johnson, Mathis, McConnell, Harper Jr.) but will add a Grad Transfer (Yeboah), another transfer (Young), and at least one Freshman (Mulcahy). In my mind, we're ahead of last season already.

Yeboah and Young have logged minutes at this level (maybe not the B1G but the speed of the game shouldn't be a shock) and for some reason Mulcahy's swagger strikes me such that I don't think the game will be too large for him but it'll still be a transition.

So, given the five I first mentioned having a good year of B1G experience plus the trio we've added spells, to me, a lot of optimism for us, and a lot of headache for opposing coaches!

Let the Chaos, Mayhem, and Wide Spread Panic begin!!!!

Las Vegas would put it at 15-20%.

We need to beat the teams we are supposed to beat. We need to come out of the gate.

Greene

For change, we aren’t going to be an experienced team. Experience isn’t the issue, how fast we can come together and develop some chemistry.

Do not underestimate the effect of the European trip in June to jump start that process

Greene

For change, we aren’t going to be an experienced team. Experience isn’t the issue, how fast we can come together and develop some chemistry.

Do not underestimate the effect of the European trip in June to jump start that process

If healthy there may be multiple players not happy with their role. Will be not an issue if we win.

Last edited:
Greene

*August not June

For the record

I’m the one saying that we should have a 8 man rotation ... with guys 9 and 10 (one guy playing the 1,2 and 3 and one guy playing the 4 and 5) getting their minutes when there is foul trouble from players 1-8.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT