ADVERTISEMENT

Are you optimistic in 2019 and beyond?

RUchip

All Conference
Oct 15, 2010
At this point it’s evident Ash will be back in 2019. Likely will see some other changes on the staff but it’s not a guarantee.

From a fan perspective, what do we have to look forward to? Besides the QB position getting better, (can’t get worse) what other areas of the team do you see getting better? Offensive line, DL, DBs etc? Again, recruiting talent the last 3 years hasn’t improved. It’s the complete opposite. Looking at the schedule we had the potential to win 6 games this year.

Can’t find any optimism for next year. It’s bascially Hobbs has to keep Ash and expect much of the same again next year. Just let him coach as possible so we don’t have a bigger buyout! Never thought our program would be back to being the absolute worst in college football again. Fans have spent decades of their time, money, and passion for the program. We’re beyond fed up and what’s more infuriating is the people in charge. And this is what we get in 2018?

Last edited:
It's tough to feel great about next year. None of our young receivers have given any indication that they are a true play maker and give Sitkowski some help. The O-line has to get better. And I think Lumor and Tverdov will be a solid duo on the ends, though we lose at lot at linebacker and I'm not sure we have any talent at the defensive tackle position.

It is very sad that we are going to suck again for 2019 and the 150th anniversary. They left that Nov. 9th date open for a reason, and we aren’t even going to be an afterthought. No games next year are gimmes except for the opposing squads.

Have to say no. Not much to hang your hat on and hard to think the rest of our schedule will give them much of a chance to improve.
My guess is that we are going to see some coaching changes which means more confusion with different schemes.

(very) Likely Ash is here next year.

Team is young - so should and possibly be better.

Have to cut slack for the defense as the eight players lost to the credit card scam would have made a difference as added depth. Hope the D plays better as they did against Northwestern.

QB and wide-outs should develop further - so yes next year should be better.

So we should get behind the team.

Reactions: RutgersDom
At this point it’s probably evident will be back in 2019.

And who might that be? o_O

A couple of more commits on the line (both sides) and maybe a JC/grad transfer lineman or two and it's possible. The RBs are there. The WRs would benefit from improved blocking making the running game more dangerous. And that would make Sitkowski better as well. IMHO the only way this team gets better is if the lines get better.

It's tough to feel great about next year. None of our young receivers have given any indication that they are a true play maker and give Sitkowski some help. The O-line has to get better. And I think Lumor and Tverdov will be a solid duo on the ends, though we lose at lot at linebacker and I'm not sure we have any talent at the defensive tackle position.
Art have show that he is a true play maker and give the receivers some help.

Go look at recruiting rankings of the rest of the BIG. There is nothing to look forward to. Everyone has better players and of course better coaches.

Reactions: BlockR
Not about 2019 but I think 2020 could be a 6-6 year. We should have a lot more depth on the roster.

If the defensive showing against NW wasn't a fluke and some plays are made in November. Also need to keep November under 200 points and score more than a TD or 2. At that point I'll engage next year till we get blown out by UMass.

If the defensive showing against NW wasn't a fluke and some plays are made in November. Also need to keep November under 200 points and score more than a TD or 2. At that point I'll engage next year till we get blown out by UMass.
:eyes:

Is hoping for 3 to 5 wins being optimistic? I guess I am, as anything has to be better than this year.

I see zero evidence to support optimism. Both our lines suck and there is no help on the horizon recruiting wise. its not like we have a draft or can trade.

Unless Ash magically improves in recruiting during a 1-11 season, there is no hope

Reactions: ru1869 and jax26
I can't remember a team with the same coach that goes from 1-11, improves to 4 and 7, follows it up with another 1-11 and gets better the next year. 2017 will be Ash's high water mark.

The 4 wins last year were a mirage.

Purdue - 14 points scored, 8 first downs, 217 total yards (and people really thought this was a great win)
Maryland - 31 points scored (offense only scored 24) but 8/18 passing for 107 yards
Illinois - 35 points scored but 6/12 passing for 102 yards with 0tds

At some point Rutgers (team, coaches, fanbase) will join modern football and realize Rutgers will never run over every team (especially in the BIG Ten East) and that passing and scoring points is a major part of the game.

This team has been on a downward since Day 1. Last season was not any sustainable measure of success.

3-4 wins Do you realize how harmful that could be? This year set the bar so low that next year will be viewed as an improvement an upswing and then asked would be kept for there. We would be relegated to 2 to 5 wins at most the next 5 to 7 years

No,how could you be? This is same crappy staff that cant develop players or recruit at B10 level.after three years AshError and staff suddenly become B10 competent coaches? Lmao.
They are destroying the program.wait till the November games.#fireAsh

Reactions: ru1869 and jax26
Please explain how you get to 6-6 in 2020.

You win 6 games, that's how you get there. I said "could be" sort of like guys thought this year "could be" 6-6. I said before the season that they had zero chance to get 6 wins because they had no depth. In 2020, they'll actually have a decent junior and senior class. They'll have about 28 players with experience who will be juniors or seniors going into the season vs 12 this year. If they can add 10 players who are FR, RSFR or Sophs for the 2020 season, they'll finally have a roster with depth.

With the Rutgers rotation for the offense and defense, they need 38 players who can actually play the game to start the season. If they're not competitive in 2020, Ash will be done.

Sorry- 2019 will be as bad or worse. We will be 1-11 or 2-10 at best. Chris Ash cannot right this ship, he's in over his head and cannot recruit.

Doomed unfortunately.

Reactions: ru1869
You win 6 games, that's how you get there. I said "could be" sort of like guys thought this year "could be" 6-6. I said before the season that they had zero chance to get 6 wins because they had no depth. In 2020, they'll actually have a decent junior and senior class. They'll have about 28 players with experience who will be juniors or seniors going into the season vs 12 this year. If they can add 10 players who are FR, RSFR or Sophs for the 2020 season, they'll finally have a roster with depth.

With the Rutgers rotation for the offense and defense, they need 38 players who can actually play the game to start the season. If they're not competitive in 2020, Ash will be done.
So depth is the reason for 6-6. Doesn't matter of the quality of the depth or the coaches ability to mark players better? I hope you are right, but I don't see it.

Reactions: ATIOH
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT