ADVERTISEMENT

Ash & Hobbs’ Slow Jams Soundtrack

RUMadBro

Redshirt
Mar 4, 2018
Credit to DJ Spanky from the Hootie Thread: If a slow jam soundtrack for Hobbs and Ash was released, what would it include?

My recommendation: “Hold My Hand” by Hootie and the Blowfish

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Ash & Hobbs discussing who will be at home games next year.
giphy.gif

Hobbs & Ash Anthem

this one goes out to all those lovers of Barchi, Hobbs and Ash...

this is a good one match to most of this thread..

this next one doesn't really apply.. I just wanted to listen to it again...

Last edited:
The lyric "dancing on the corpse's ashes" from the song Invalid litter department by At The Drive In comes to mind.

Also Swept Away by Dianna Ross regarding the interview.

...but they won. Winning (for better or worse) changes everything.

Joe P.
Tim was only AD for 3 years under Greg. Mulcahy stuck with Greg through 3 rough seasons. It does not look good for Ash, but maybe he beats the odds and turns it around. But I am not betting on it.

Tim was only AD for 3 years under Greg. Mulcahy stuck with Greg through 3 rough seasons. It does not look good for Ash, but maybe he beats the odds and turns it around. But I am not betting on it.

Biggest difference with Schiano and Ash was how Year 3 went, with recruiting in year 3 being right behind. I personally didn’t see 2003 as a ‘rough’ year at all. After years of getting our heads kicked in we won 5 games, were competitive in most, and pretty much smacked cuse 24-7 to end the season and start the ‘reversal of fortunes’ between the two programs. As much as Schiano bungled QB’s, he benched the OC’s son because another QB was better. Ash...well, not so much.

I said in the off-season that I was encouraged by 2017 and year 3 is when a new coach’s impact can really be seen...and well...not a fan of how this year went or how the staff managed almost everything. Ash trotting Sitkowski out there for the 2nd half of the Kansas game, nevermind the rest of the season, was so mind-numbingly bad I don’t even have the words to really describe it.

Joe P.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUaMoose
...probably because there wasn’t that ‘teacher’s pet’ dynamic with the AD going on at the time.

Joe P.

Yeah I I don’t see that like some of you though, sorry, I just see an AD with his hands tied, saying the things that he needs to say until he can do something about it.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Yeah I I don’t see that like some of you though, sorry, I just see an AD with his hands tied, saying the things that he needs to say until he can do something about it.

I can see what you’re saying but disagree to a point; I still think that undercurrent is there. I remember Mulcahy ‘supporting’ Shea without making it look like he wouldn’t ever consider another HC unless he had no other choice (which is how Hobbs comes across with Ash).

My comment from the Rutgers Football FB page: In the week or so after the season ended I was highly critical of the decision to keep Ash as well as Hobbs’ actions and/or inaction. I still think it was the wrong call but I’ve said my piece and I’m not going to keep repeating it. The decision was made and the people who made it will sink or swim with it. If they swim, awesome. If they sink, then we’ll have a chance at getting the right people in here to make this work. No matter how bad it is I truly think the right hire(s) turn it all around. I also think Hobbs knows his tenure here will be largely defined by what happens in 2019.

Joe P.

Last edited:
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT