ADVERTISEMENT

At least my Linden boys advanced.

knights1212

Heisman Winner
Sep 9, 2003
Linden won tonight in the 3rd round of the state tournament 58-38 over Barringer. Otis Livingston tonight had 19 points on 6-11 from the floor, 1-3 on 3's and 6-7 on foul shots. Monday night LHS will play at Ridge in the sectional final. I'm glad I got my tickets tonight after the game.

due to family ties and my upbringing i have always considered linden my second home, was there today for the first time in over a year (maybe 2 or 3) and things looked different in a good way (Wood Ave was totally different from what I remembered). as someone who spent a lot of time in LHS and an unbelievable amount of time at Cooper Field, I am always glad to see Linden do well.

Originally posted by knights1212:

Linden won tonight in the 3rd round of the state tournament 58-38 over Barringer. Otis Livingston tonight had 19 points on 6-11 from the floor, 1-3 on 3's and 6-7 on foul shots. Monday night LHS will play at Ridge in the sectional final. I'm glad I got my tickets tonight after the game.
how did you get tickets?

Linden was given a small % of the tickets for the game and our fans were able to buy them after tonight's win. I would think they will be tough to get them on Monday.

If linden advances who are the other top Group 4 schools?

Originally posted by shields:

If linden advances who are the other top Group 4 schools?
Kind of a down year in group 4. The winner of Paterson Eastside-East Orange could give Linden a decent game but I think their run to the Gr4 state title is much easier than last year.

The other Group IV teams left are:

East Orange vs. Paterson Eastside in North 1

Hillsborough vs. Freehold in Central Jersey

Cherokee vs. Cherry Hill East in South Jersey

Linden is rated the #1 Group IV team in the state. Paterson Eastside is rated as the #2 Group IV team in the state. East Orange is rated as #3. Ridge is rated #4, Cherry Hill East is rated #5.

The state rankings for the All Groups Top 20 have:

Linden #2 behind St. Anthony.

Roselle Catholic is #3, Pope John XXIII is #4, Seton Hall Prep #5 and St. Patrick #6.

Paterson Eastside is #10

East Orange is #12

Ridge is at #14.
This post was edited on 3/8 1:02 PM by knights1212

When I worked at Merck in Rahway, there was a great German place in Linden that made awesome brat platters. It was called Karls, I think. Is that still there?

I am not sure but I would think the winners of North 1 & North 2 would play at Elizabeth or Kean. Someone said Elizabeth last night but I don't know if that is accurate. Usually those sectional winners have played at Elizabeth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT